PDA

View Full Version : i havent listened to the offspring in ages

Rag Doll
04-30-2007, 12:18 AM
my musical interests have changed a ton. it's not really my kind of music anymore, for the most part.

but tonight, for nostalgia's sake, i put on the self titled cd. and holyfuck, it is so awesome. seriously. new found appreciation for the offspring. crossroads is still quite possibly one of my all time favorite songs.

i had to share that i totally rocked out in my room like a little fangirl. yup!

Amiralanal
04-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Thats cool. Does that mean that we will se more of you in GOD?

Come out and smash'em up!
04-30-2007, 03:04 AM
right attitude, anything for nostahalgy, sometimes i listen to limp bizkit and linkin park for nostalgy, but offspring has been allways the best band for me since 2001

Peedr
04-30-2007, 03:58 AM
That's a good thing Rag Doll. And what do you listen to nowadays?

Llamas
04-30-2007, 04:12 AM
haha ragdoll, you fag. ;)

When I'm feeling nostalgic, I usually listen to Nsync. ;D

Sinister
04-30-2007, 05:18 AM
Come to think of it, I haven't listened to them in a long time either, but in my case it's because I want to feel like the songs are "new" when I'll see them on tour. Because I'll see them at least once, maybe twice, and if I'm lucky three times. Quebec / Montreal / wherever in Ontario.

mrconeman
04-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Sweet. I usually go in and out of phases of "omg offspring" and just listening to them occasionally.

Grabbal
04-30-2007, 05:55 AM

Llamas
04-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Sweet. I usually go in and out of phases of "omg offspring" and just listening to them occasionally.

This is the same for me. After the excitement about Splinter and the fact that I saw them in concert calmed down (so, mid-2004), I didn't listen to them for a really long time. I probably played them like one album a year. Then in the beginning of 2006, I bought the video collection at a used cd store for like $8. After watching it, I fell back into OMG OFFSPRING mode and joined this board... that lasted like two months... then I got bored with them again... now I'm in the "listen to them maybe once a month" mode. But I'd still consider them maybe my favorite band. I just don't really like to listen to the same thing all the time, I guess. No matter what it is.

Sinister
04-30-2007, 06:26 AM
I just noticed I often have their songs playing as a sort of "background" lately, not something I actually pay much attention to.

Harnum
04-30-2007, 06:30 AM
I was listening to the Offspring yesterday and remembered how much I was obsessed with them and how much I missed some songs.. =[ Oh, memories.

Thomas
04-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I listened to Ixnay on the Hombre with a friend on a band trip the other day and we rocked out and sang at the top of our lungs for the entire album. I had forgotten how much I loved that album.

Harnum
04-30-2007, 07:24 AM
I was literally obsessed with them all last year. I used to know all the lyrics to most songs. I've actually lost friends for a while because of my obsession with them. Thinking back now, the obsession was pathetic but the music is still good and does bring back some good memories. Those friends have come back now that I've lost the obsession, thankfully.

F@ BANKZ
04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Crossroads is very cool. I feel if I stop listening for a while I forget the music is as good as it is with any band. Nice to see that people can go back to liking them:)

Jack-UK
04-30-2007, 08:37 AM
I just cant seem to get into any other band other than the offspring at the mo :| and it wierds me out :| ive even gone looking for similar bands now... i mean im just going over and over the same 100 songs all the time lol, and as great as they are i need something new (and the new album doesnt look like its gonna be out till Sept..)

ZagmenO
04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
My top three are:

The Offspring
Green Day
Social Distortion

If I can get enough Bad Religion on my ipod, then they might take either Green Day's or Social Distortion's spot.

F@ BANKZ
04-30-2007, 11:27 AM
If you like those bands you will like Bad Religion, probably more so than Green Day.

ToddlerPunter
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Bad Religion fucking owns

WebDudette
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Lately I've stopped listening to a lot of my old favorite bands. The Offspring I haven't listened to in forever. Same with Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against the Machine, and System of a Down. Usually I go back to them after a month or so but I don't have any desire to listen to any of them and it's been quite a while.

German Andres
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Sometimes, the same thing happens to me. But then, I listen to the self titled and I end up listening all the albums again. And I think of how awesome the next album is going to be!

Venom Symbiote
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I rarely listen to The Offspring anymore either, but...

sometimes i listen to limp bizkit and linkin park for nostalgy

I vil kik yew in teh titz.

RoxnRollBassist
04-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Im curently in my OMG OFFSPRING mode. I went like a yr, sayign there still my fav band but only listening to them when they came up on my ipod. But a couple months ago i FINALLY got their self titled albulm, and the complete music vid collection, and now im back to my OMG OFFSPRING MODE! Everytime i listen to Ixnay, im just blown away with how awesome they are!

Short_Attention_Span
04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
I do kind of the same thing. I don't really listen to them as often as I used to, but whenever I hear a song of theirs on the radio or on my iPod or whatever I end up thinking, "Wow... that was an awesome song."
________
Vaporizer pen (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Llamas
04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll probably hit that mode again when I get the new album. I'll probably listen to it 100 times in the first week. I'm sometimes still such a fangirl.

ZagmenO
04-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm currently in the middle of downloading all the B-Sides! I think I'm almost there!!! Plus, I'm getting some stuff that they did for concerts but not for studio recordings. (I.E. Basket Case, Iron Man, etc.)

Rag Doll
04-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Thats cool. Does that mean that we will se more of you in GOD?

eh. prolly not. i sort of feel as though i have said everything about them i have to say. you know?

That's a good thing Rag Doll. And what do you listen to nowadays?

the smashing pumpkins. q and not u. the annuals. the decemberists. of montreal. !!!. the rapture. bloc party. camera obscura. etc.

haha ragdoll, you fag. ;)

When I'm feeling nostalgic, I usually listen to Nsync. ;D

i never stopped listening to *nsync and never stopped loving justin timberlake, so no nostalgia there.

bouncingcoles
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM
i used to listen to offspring more, but thats because i listen to a lot more bands now then i used to. but i still really like them. but my interest has died a little bit since splinter was so poor and it has taken them so long to make an album since splinter.

bd007h
04-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I really don't listen to The Offspring much anymore either. I still listen to them from time to time, but not as often as I used to. Once the next album comes out I'll probaly go another another Offspring listening-spree.