PDA

View Full Version : what guitar does the offspring uses?

alcool 45
05-02-2007, 12:24 PM
hi, i am new , i only wanted to know what guitar does these myth band uses , hope the ibanez i've seen in a video was only for show...:D

Sinister
05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Dexter has a custom Ibanez RG1570 if I remember well; Noodles, as far as I know, uses his signature NDM2, also from Ibanez.

Iamstupid
05-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Dexter has got an Ibanez CUST. RG570, he also got a Fender I think. Noodles generally uses his NDM1, maybe the NDM2, which are his Ibanez signatures. I think Greg K uses an Ibanez ATK bass.

Steady
05-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm thinking of getting either the ndm1 or ndm2, the ndm 2 looks better i guess. Just wondered if any one owns one of the two and would reccommend it or not? Cheers

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I don't own either of the two, but I can tell you now... Noodles didn't make an NDM2 for no reason. The NDM2 is a fixed version of the NDM1, Fixed Bridge and other things of the sort... So it would be stupid to buy the NDM1 over the NDM2.

Don't just buy a guitar because of how it looks.

Also, I find that buying a signature guitar is kind-of lame. Because it's like you're playing somebody else's guitar, rather than being individual and unique with your own guitar.

The NDM guitars are about AU$1000, and with that money you could probably buy a better guitar than the NDM signatures.

killboybowerhead
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't own either of the two, but I can tell you now... Noodles didn't make an NDM2 for no reason. The NDM2 is a fixed version of the NDM1, Fixed Bridge and other things of the sort... So it would be stupid to buy the NDM1 over the NDM2.

Don't just buy a guitar because of how it looks.

Also, I find that buying a signature guitar is kind-of lame. Because it's like you're playing somebody else's guitar, rather than being individual and unique with your own guitar.

The NDM guitars are about AU$1000, and with that money you could probably buy a better guitar than the NDM signatures.

most guitars are signature guitars.. les paul was a guitarist incase you didnt know. and sg may not be but its heavily associated with acdc and teles with the stones.

Steady
05-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah i aint going for the looks, in reviews ive read they've given it good sound. I mean it has dual humbuckers and a single coil i think, and i think theyre fairly decent pickups aswell so I dunno. And yeah id love my own signature model n all, but i really like the ndm series. I'll probably try one out, i also like the Ibanez s470

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
most guitars are signature guitars.. les paul was a guitarist incase you didnt know. and sg may not be but its heavily associated with acdc and teles with the stones.

I know, I Know and I know.

But, They are not exactly signatures... But yes, you're right.

mrconeman
05-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Doesn't Noodles use an Ibanez Talman that he has covered in duct tape?
Then the NDM1 was modeled after that?

Also yeah, I was very close to buying an NDM1 at one point, I went for a Les Paul and as of now I'm extremely happy that I didn't buy a signature. They always cost more than they're worth because of who they're aligned with.

If people really want a guitar like Noodles, try to find an Ibanez Talman, and stick some tape on it.

4eh
05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm thinking of getting either the ndm1 or ndm2, the ndm 2 looks better i guess. Just wondered if any one owns one of the two and would reccommend it or not? Cheers

well dude, it's actually not hte best guitar you can get for this money, and i played NDM1 in the music shop, well i can say it's not very comfortable and rather heavy.

Ryder1234
05-06-2007, 06:27 PM

sg was apparently gonna be the new les paul but then les paul didnt like it so he stopped workin with gibson and they had to change the name from les paul to sg because he didnt work with them no more

also noodles plays his duct taped talman wich inspired the ndm1 as well (the ndm1 w/ the pick guard in a talman) and yes dex has a fender american stratocaster