PDA

View Full Version : Funniest songs ever

XYlophonetreeZ
05-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I realize that humor is not a major focal point of most music, but it can on occasion be manifested quite well in song. Both major brands of musical humor- intended, and unintended, are welcome in this thread. Personally, I prefer the latter.

I give you "Juliet" (http://www.myspace.com/armyoffreshmen) by Army of Freshmen.

I must also submit that the single funniest line of any song ever recorded is "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE??? YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY! AND YOU'RE GONNA DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Jakebert
05-10-2007, 03:29 AM
Barenaked Ladies- If I Had a Million Dollars is funny in a cute way.

Almost anything by Spinal Tap, but my favorites are "Sex Farm" and "Stonehenge".

opivy21
05-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Wesley Willis' music is funny. I also agree with Spinal Tap.

As far as unintentional humor goes, I find whatever style of music that Dragonforce plays to be pretty funny. It's never laugh-out-loud funny, but all the cheese is ridiculous.

Sinister
05-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Primus' Jerry Was A Racecar Driver is somewhat funny. King Missile's Detachable Penis is funny in a weird way and very intended.

All About Eve
05-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Barenaked Ladies- If I Had a Million Dollars is funny in a cute way.

I think "It's Only Me (The Wizard of Magicland)" is funnier.

nieh
05-10-2007, 06:13 AM
King Missile's Detachable Penis is funny in a weird way and very intended.

King Missile has much better songs than that.

DeAtHsTaR
05-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Most Nerf Herder songs are really funny.

Sinister
05-10-2007, 08:07 AM
King Missile has much better songs than that.
Will you kindly send them, or at least give me titles ? I'm very interested.

nieh
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Jesus was way cool, Hamsters, Cheesecakes, Failure, the Sandbox, Martin Scorcese, Adventures of Planky, Boy Made out of Bone China. There's a few others but I can't think of them right now.

H1T_That
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Metallica's So What is pretty damn humerous.

Llamas
05-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Everything U2 has ever recorded.

But seriously, besides stuff by obvious joke bands like Tenacious D and silly punk bands like Guttermouth and Nerf Herder... there are a few songs in English that Wizo did that are hilarious, like W8ing 4 U and Unemployed.

I'm Afraid of Britney Spears by Liveonrelease is pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=I%27m+afraid+of+britney+spear s&search=Search

"James Dean" by the Goo Goo Dolls makes me laugh every time I hear it.

"I'm Going Slightly Mad" is a good one from Queen.

"Salt Lake City 1973" by Shawn Mullins makes me giggle a lot.

I'm 12 years old for thinking "Fever for the Flavor" by Hot Action Cop is funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgRgLVEwsqA

"Vicinity of Obscenity" by System of a Down is funny in a gross way.

Oh! "Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me" by TISM gets me every time, especially with the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_U2yG3uZp0

F@ BANKZ
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Ernie (The fastest milkman in the west)

Bazza
05-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Ernie (The fastest milkman in the west)
I don't know if any non-English people will know that?

The whole the Less Than Jake Greased album, although that was just funny because it was crap.

coke_a_holic
05-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Frank Zappa and the Mothers Of Invention: We're Only In It For The Money is full of satiric nonsense which I find hilarious.

Grabbal
05-10-2007, 11:34 AM

DeAtHsTaR
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Metallica's So What is pretty damn humerous.
It's a cover of a song by Anti-Nowhere League.

Venom Symbiote
05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
As far as unintentional humor goes, I find whatever style of music that Dragonforce plays to be pretty funny. It's never laugh-out-loud funny, but all the cheese is ridiculous.

It's...meant to be.

And yes, to Deathstar you listen. ^^^ Believe it or not, Metallica did not invent heavy metal. *sigh* That entire cover album is pretty decent though.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I'd respond, but I'm too busy being fucking ECSTATIC that Guttermouth has yet to make an appearance in this thread.

wheelchairman
05-10-2007, 05:15 PM
http://video.dotcomedy.com/player/?id=95244
This is Why I'm Hot, is awesome (this is not the original version, just so you know.)

DeAtHsTaR
05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
And yes, to Deathstar you listen. ^^^ Believe it or not, Metallica did not invent heavy metal. *sigh* That entire cover album is pretty decent though.
Who the fuck said it was?

I'd respond, but I'm too busy being fucking ECSTATIC that Guttermouth has yet to make an appearance in this thread.
That's where you'd be wrong. Go read.

nieh
05-10-2007, 05:20 PM

silly punk bands like Guttermouth and Nerf Herder

Guttermouth = not funny. I do like the Vandals though, but I don't think any of their songs could pass for the funniest ever.

Llamas
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I wasn't saying they're funny... I was saying they were silly.

wheelchairman
05-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah "silly punk bands" sounds awesomely derogatory.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
That's where you'd be wrong. Go read.

I completely overlooked that. My bad, y'all :(

I do like the Vandals though, but I don't think any of their songs could pass for the funniest ever.

"But Then She Spoke" and "Marry Me" are quite funny and good, but yeah, not funniest ever.

Guttermouth can pull things off when they're a bit more subtle ("Hit Machine" is legitimately awesome AND funny), but "Lipstick" is extremely horribly unfunny and so is "Lucky the whateverthefuck".

Coleby
05-10-2007, 07:01 PM
When you're in prison, don't pick it up, and worst hangover ever.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Fucking die.

0r4ng3
05-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I always laughed at Fuck Authority by Pennywise.

loud_noises!
05-11-2007, 05:00 AM
psychostick is a silly band.

check out: "Abcdeath", "Hokey Fuckin' Pokey", "The Dumb Song", "Beer Is Good", "I HATE Doing Laundry" (very short one)....and a lot of their other songs are good/kinda funny. I'm not gonna say they are really fucking funny but they are kind of. (depends on your sense of humor and stuff)

and almost all of their songs are not too serious.

Llamas
05-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah "silly punk bands" sounds awesomely derogatory.
Wait, wait, when did I say I was trying to be derogatory? My opinion is that they're generally not a funny band, but that they're a silly band that tries to pull off being funny in every song they release... lately you really like to put words in my mouth a LOT :-/

Guttermouth can pull things off when they're a bit more subtle ("Hit Machine" is legitimately awesome AND funny), but "Lipstick" is extremely horribly unfunny and so is "Lucky the whateverthefuck".
I think I can agree with this. They occasionally have some funny stuff, but generally speaking, they try way too hard.

DeAtHsTaR
05-11-2007, 07:10 AM
psychostick is a silly band.

check out: "Abcdeath", "Hokey Fuckin' Pokey", "The Dumb Song", "Beer Is Good", "I HATE Doing Laundry" (very short one)....and a lot of their other songs are good/kinda funny. I'm not gonna say they are really fucking funny but they are kind of. (depends on your sense of humor and stuff)

and almost all of their songs are not too serious.

They didn't do The Dumb Song, the guys at pluh.com did. I love Psychostick though.

Marco
05-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Theme for a NOFX album - NOFX

loud_noises!
05-11-2007, 01:01 PM
They didn't do The Dumb Song, the guys at pluh.com did. I love Psychostick though.

oh, my bad. i downloaded it from limewire and limewire is known for fucking up labeling and shit. i downloaded it from limewire when i searched psychostick and thats what came up..but oh well, that is still a neat song!

EDIT: oh yea and thank you for pointing that out. i would've felt even more retarded if i said that to someone in person. much appreciated.

NMHFBD
06-07-2007, 02:35 AM
maybe it's not the funniest song ever but Bloodhound gang's "Hell Yeah" is quite funny. "and when they nail my pimpled ass to the cross i'll tell them i found jesus that should throw them off...."

nameless
06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
thats my girl by the vandals!

T-6005
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm just glad no one mentioned the Aquabats.

nieh
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I kind of enjoy some Aquabats stuff. They're kind of like a less smart, ska/punk version of Devo.

edit: that doesn't mean they're funny.

noodlesfan
06-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Badger badger badger badger...

Mushroom Mushroom!

ZagmenO
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Medium Pace by Adam Sandler

Navampa
06-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Even though nobody said it here, why does everone think the song "Institutionalized" by the Suicidal Tendencies is funny? I don't see how it can be funny in any way, shape, or form.

Omni
06-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Badger badger badger badger...

Mushroom Mushroom!

YES!

And also:

I Hope You Die by the Bloodhound Gang and Dynamite Hack's cover of Eazy-E's Boyz n The Hood

killer_queen
06-11-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm just glad no one mentioned the Aquabats.
And I'm more than glad no one mentioned Weird Al.

Springsteen's Sherry Darling makes me smile a bit but I don't remember laughing at a song's lyrics in my life.

Omni
06-11-2007, 03:32 AM
Mentioning people like Weird Al is really just being lazy and uncreative. Like that guy who said 3 Offspring songs.

Mart2Play
06-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Who of you remember this bb? Green Jelly - Three little pigs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNYi6W3v0io&mode=related&search=).
My favourite song as a lil`kid....thought it was so hard core back then.lol