PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Democracy

Da Hui
05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Anyone heard the leaked songs (the final version copies) of a few songs?
i know a lot of you hate GnR but the album could be amazing!

thoughts?

Grabbal
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Alleviate
05-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Anyone heard the leaked songs (the final version copies) of a few songs?
i know a lot of you hate GnR but the album could be amazing!

thoughts?Any band that fucks with The Offspring doesn't deserve any of our support.

H1T_That
05-12-2007, 03:56 AM
This is old news. Final copies of Madagascar, and whatever the other 2 were called were leaked ages ago. Oh, and they all suck.

mrconeman
05-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Any band that fucks with The Offspring doesn't deserve any of our support.

You're an idiot. Seeing as it was Offspring who fucked with them, and it was all done in good humour.

On the album, I really don't even care anymore. The songs that were leaked were pretty grim, I would have liked to see this do well actually, which is odd because most old GnR fans would hate to see that happen because its not the same band, but srsly, Axl, although a complete dick, is still one of my favourite singers, I'd like to hear him over some good music again.

But whatever, it won't work out. The album will probably do well sales wise though, everyone will want to hear what an album over a decade in the making sounds like.

H1T_That
05-12-2007, 04:51 AM

But whatever, it won't work out. The album will probably do well sales wise though, everyone will want to hear what an album over a decade in the making sounds like.

Bearing the time-scale in mind, people will be expecting big things, which i believe this album won't deliver.

mrconeman
05-12-2007, 04:56 AM
I heavily doubt it will deliver musically. But when has that ever stopped people buying an album?

Jakebert
05-12-2007, 07:23 AM
I have a feeling that, no matter what the quality of the album is, it's going to be a massive financial success. At this point, the album could be nothing but Axl farting into a microphone, and people would still want to hear it.

All About Eve
05-12-2007, 07:36 AM
After it got to a certain point, I bet they intended on making it longer. People will HAVE to buy it.

(I won't)

Grabbal
05-12-2007, 08:22 AM

ZagmenO
05-12-2007, 08:47 AM
If someone could upload these leaked demos, that would be awesome!!! I haven't heard any of 'em yet.

Also, I plan on buying this album when it comes out! I've been really into GnR for...I dunno...two or three years now, I think. I have most of their greatest hits on my ipod and a few of their songs from itunes. I have a strong feeling this album will sell incredibly well. It's brand new material for the 1st time in well over a decade. Plus, it might be the 1st one with the new lineup. I could be wrong with that part, though. I think people will be curious to hear what it sounds like and a lot of old fans are gonna enjoy it.

German Andres
05-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll buy it when the reviews say it's the new "Appetite for destruction".

That`s how the journalist will rate the album. Just to make it a massive hit and a finnancial success...that how it works

mrconeman
05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I'll buy it when the reviews say it's the new "Appetite for destruction".

lol.
That is all.

Grabbal
05-12-2007, 12:35 PM

loud_noises!
05-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Any band that fucks with The Offspring doesn't deserve any of our support.

sorry about this, but could someone please explain to me what happened between guns and roses and the offspring?

I've tried searching for it and failed (or at least stuff i've read in the past was kind of vague).

that or could some one post a link?

thanks.

bouncingcoles
05-14-2007, 08:08 AM
i hope that cd never gets released. and i hope they break up

Grabbal
05-14-2007, 08:17 AM

ZagmenO
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
sorry about this, but could someone please explain to me what happened between guns and roses and the offspring?

I've tried searching for it and failed (or at least stuff i've read in the past was kind of vague).

that or could some one post a link?

thanks.
Offspring tried to steal the name of "Chinese Democracy" and have that be the name of their seventh album. Axl's lawyers gave them a threatening letter and then they ended up naming it Splinter.

i hope that cd never gets released. and i hope they break up

Didn't they all break up?
The original band broke up, now it's Axl and a bunch of other people.

loud_noises!
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Offspring tried to steal the name of "Chinese Democracy" and have that be the name of their seventh album. Axl's lawyers gave them a threatening letter and then they ended up naming it Splinter.

alright, thanks bro.

mrconeman
05-14-2007, 03:05 PM
They never intended to use Chinese Democracy as a name. They did it as a joke. (I think?)

0r4ng3
05-14-2007, 03:07 PM
They actually did mean to use it, but they joked that just having the name was bringing the album's progress to a standstill, so they changed it to Splinter.

mrconeman
05-14-2007, 03:11 PM
oic.

So yeah, Chinese Democracy.