PDA

View Full Version : New journal entry:)

RoxnRollBassist
05-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow Dexter is updating a lot! I'm so excited. To me the journal was some good news!

Kitten
05-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
05/11/07

Hey, I‘ve read a few things out there where it has been suggested that some of the songs on our new record might be older material, like outtakes or re-recordings of old songs.

So I just wanted to let you know that the songs we‘ve recorded for our upcoming CD are all completely new. We‘re not putting any songs on the new record that were previously recorded. That would be cheating, wouldn‘t it?

Next time post the new journal.

Short_Attention_Span
05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
So... no new "Dirty Magic" then?
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Kitten
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
So it would seem. Maybe it'll be a b-side on a single or something.

Short_Attention_Span
05-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Eh... probably. Personally, I never saw the reason for the re-recording. The reason why I liked the original version was partly for its not-so-polished quality.
________
Body Science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

zacsta
05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
lol i was just about to yell at you for a making another thread about the journal, i guess i never expected another journal so soon after the last one.
he did say that theres that guy helping them out with the site and updating more so this looks like a good sign.

P.S wait a sec! thats not so good news, this means pass me by wont be on the album! 2 possible tracks everyone was speculating about are suddenly confirmed of not being on the new album.

MasoN
05-11-2007, 09:31 PM
wow, Dexter's on Fire....................!!! ;)

so I guess no pass me by, unless it has never been recorded as a complete song, just as a sample the one we heared!!!

Kitten
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't think that Pass Me By will be on the album, if they have written up 23 demo's, then it would highly unlikely they would dig up an older demo. They simply don't need to.

zacsta
05-11-2007, 09:39 PM
wow, Dexter's on Fire....................!!! ;)

so I guess no pass me by, unless it has never been recorded as a complete song, just as a sample the one we heared!!!

nope, cos he said there would be no out takes or anything like that. and pass me by was an out take from splinter. so basically he just said that ages ago to lead us all on the wrong trail, but i was half expecting something like this to happen.

MasoN
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
well as long as the final product will kick ass ( which im pretty sure about) i dont care, but pass my by sounded like an awesome song

randman21
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Errr, I pretty much have to hear Pass Me By now, after all this hype about it. S'gotta be at least a B Side.

And, no, Dexter. That wouldn't be cheating.:(

EDIT: I'm finally starting to see that there's something to this "More than you know" busisness, as far as how often they check the bbs. I'm loving it.

brothadave79
05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
How sweet would it be then if they released Pass Me By and the new Dirty Magic on the website to hold us over until the record?

bd007h
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
I hope they release Pass Me By sooner or later.

MasoN
05-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I hope they release Pass Me By sooner or later.

GO LEAFS GO!

Bullshit aside Dr. Dexter Holland, Pass my by should be on the album, cmon!!!

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Dear Dexter,

Awesome. Any plans for a B-sides collection? Dying to hear "Pass Me By" and find out if it's really the rad mystery riff from the end of that in-the-studio video. Can't wait to hear what 13 brand spankin' new songs sound like!

Luv,
'65

bd007h
05-12-2007, 12:47 AM
GO LEAFS GO!

If it weren't for the Leafs coughing up a 3 goal lead to the Sabres they would've made the playoffs. Tough luck, huh?

But agreed, Pass Me By should be on the album. I've been waiting to hear the whole song.

MasoN
05-12-2007, 12:47 AM
If you put something like "Worst Hangover Ever" on the album and no "Pass Me By", doom will be upon you.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

MasoN
05-12-2007, 12:51 AM
If it weren't for the Leafs coughing up a 3 goal lead to the Sabres they would've made the playoffs. Tough luck, huh?

OFFTOP
Honestly man, ur right, they some what sucked lately, but Sens, dude i wish u all the best!!! ta-ta

bd007h
05-12-2007, 12:52 AM
OFFTOP
Honestly man, ur right, they some what sucked lately, but Sens, dude i wish u all the best!!! ta-ta

Thanks. It's nice to have bitter rivals on our side for once, hahah. Sens are a tough team, and I down right despise them, even more than the leafs now. Good luck to the leafs next year.

thecavedog
05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi there guys.

I think we all agree that we want to hear pass me by and the re-recorded dirty magic. How rad would it be if it came as part of a cd-extra on the new album, you know, to give the cd just that bit more of an edge!:cool:

MasoN
05-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Thanks. It's nice to have bitter rivals on our side for once, hahah. Sens are a tough team, and I down right despise them, even more than the leafs now. Good luck to the leafs next year.

Thx bud, wish u all the best, Ur team worth the Stanley CUP!!!!!!!!!!!

AS for the Offspring, WE WANT TO HEAR PASS ME BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEXTER and the team, dont be an ass, put it on the album!

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2007, 01:32 AM
I think this is great news, they never needed to re-record Dirty Magic again. Though i thought a while ago Dex posted that the re-recording was finished: was he talking about the acoustic version?

MasoN
05-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi there guys.

I think we all agree that we want to hear pass me by and the re-recorded dirty magic. How rad would it be if it came as part of a cd-extra on the new album, you know, to give the cd just that bit more of an edge!:cool:

No man, nobody agreed on Dirty magic, personaly its is an awesome song on its own, i feel like rerecording it would ruin the whole song, however nobody actually heared Pass me by, so it wouldve been really nice to hear it on the next album or at least as a b-sides!

Peedr
05-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow....Dexter is really active adding new journals. I hope that Pass Me By will be a b-side on some of the new singles. With that statement Dexter did, he makes us know NOTHING about new songs....I'm so excited. :)

DefaultNinja
05-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Awesome! Hope Dex keeps it up, hope he sees our cries for Pass Me By too.

Venom Symbiote
05-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Rabble rabble rabble!

mrconeman
05-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Awesome. Now everyone can shut up with these totally un founded claims that Dirty Magic is being put on the new cd :)

H1T_That
05-12-2007, 03:07 AM
People are saying Pass Me By won't be on the album because Dexter just said 'no previous material'. Pass Me By has never been current material, so its still possible that the 10 second riff we heard will appear on the new album.

No Dirty Magic though.

mrconeman
05-12-2007, 03:10 AM
He said no out-takes. Pass Me By, or at least what we heard of it was an out-take.

I do think if they completed that song, and are happy with it, we'll see it eventually, because they read the forum, and its mentioned in literally every thread in the GOD section.

Iamstupid
05-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Wow what happened to Dexter ? It seems that he has his hands stuck on his computer :rolleyes: :D That's cool for us, but for him it's maybe kinda annoying to eat, I think.

`So I just wanted to let you know that the songs we‘ve recorded for our upcoming CD are all completely new.`

That's a good news. If the songs are totally news it keeps the suspense about how the album will sound, no ? It's kinda exciting ^^

Well Dexter, thanks (again) for giving us some news !!! :)

And F@BANKZ, I really dunno about the re-recorded Dirty Magic finished version. I am Sorry guy.

Mucho Macho
05-12-2007, 04:35 AM
No, it would not be cheating putting "older material" on the new record!
We've been waiting for almost 4 years now to hear some fuc*ing amazing songs that kick ass, who the fuc* cares if they were recorded a few years ago or yesterday... As long as we haven't heard it somewhere so far, it's new. The rest is fuc*ing bullshit! And as long as THEY recorded it, and it kicks ass, they should, no, they HAVE TO put it on the new album.

My idea...

Have a nice weekend

zacsta
05-12-2007, 04:37 AM
well i guess it would be pretty cool to have pass me by as just a CD extra, and they should make like a whole "making of new album" on the cd too. instead of the boring crap on the other album's CD extras.
they re-recorded dirty magic in 2005, dex says here,

-02/07/06- Well, I guess that‘s it for now. Oh yeah, did I tell you guys that we re-recorded Dirty Magic last year?
and here,

-02/15/06- The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums. That song is kind of special to us because it‘s one of those requests we always get from our most hardcore fans. Unfortunately, most people don‘t know the song, cause most people don‘t know our music from before Smash. We always thought that it was a good song, but that we could do a better job recording it now than we could back then. So we did it, and Atom played on it. It sounds great. I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…
but again, it would be a cool little extra on the CD, or a bonus hidden song.

patoff10
05-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Dexter know now that they have to make real new songs and not copy what they have done before ! Even if it's risky they have more chances to restart their career like that. I just hope Dexter know how to sing with his "old voice" ^^

Forza
05-12-2007, 04:54 AM
What about a 2cd? :D

Iamstupid
05-12-2007, 05:01 AM
Have a nice weekend

Just quoted for truth.

`It sounds great. I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…`

Does it mean that we're not great ? :( :rolleyes:*

But it just seems that Dexter don't wanna put Dirty Magic re-recorded on the CD. Maybe in the single.

And I think it'll be kinda hard for him to sing with his "old voice" :p

zacsta
05-12-2007, 05:02 AM

i dont think they'd be able to pull that off.

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2007, 05:35 AM

Nah, the only thing I want from the album is more great songs, I don't care about the length as long as it isn't alot shorter than the others.

Leandro
05-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah! Only new songs!
I love you Dexter!
:D

Trippy_
05-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Glad to hear from Dieter Holland.

Iamstupid
05-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Yeah! Only new songs!
I love you Dexter!
:D

I think that, if Dexter read this, he'll be kinda afraid, especially because you're a boy :D

Glad to hear from Dieter Holland.

Why do you always say Dieter ?

And, definitely no for the 2 CD:rolleyes:

Dexter_italy
05-12-2007, 06:08 AM
I don't need to hear pass me by....it was only a 30 second riff, similar to vultures after all.... If they'll put Pass me my i'll listen to it just as any other song, it has nothing special...really. The same is for dirty magic, it could be good as for b-side or ghost track, but if you count it as a song on the album is just a new song less... I have dirty magic in my ignition cd, in the greatest hits and in my pc, and the acousti version too... I can hear it there...in the new album there should be new songs... Do we need a cd called Dirty magic with 12 versions of it? ;)
________
Montana Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://montana.dispensaries.org/)

ZagmenO
05-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Alriiiiiight!!! Two new journals in like, less than a week. That's awesome!!! I'm really glad that he's not putting any redos of old material on the new album. I've always said that there shouldn't be a new Dirty Magic on there. ;);) However, I'm disappointed that Pass Me By won't be there, either. But, maybe the new songs on here'll make up for that.

Llamas
05-12-2007, 07:59 AM
I would love to hear pass me by on the new album, but I would've been upset if dirty magic had been. I think it would ruin the original for me. But Pass Me By is new material, as far as I'm concerned. And cheating? Wasn't Change the World cheating then??

Tijs
05-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Pay the Man too, recorded for Ixnay on the Hombre.

dexandnoodles
05-12-2007, 08:30 AM
sweet...more journals..im excited dexter freakin rox

endlesst0m
05-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Wasn't Change the World cheating then??

I don't think so. It wasn't the whole song that they re-recorded, just the one riff.

Grabbal
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM

randman21
05-12-2007, 08:48 AM
And cheating? Wasn't Change the World cheating then??

Pay the Man too, recorded for Ixnay on the Hombre.

I was gonna say that, too, but he weaseled his way out of that with "that were previously recorded". Were those songs completely done by the time they got put off?

I think that, if Dexter read this, he'll be kinda afraid, especially because you're a boy :D
If loving Dexter is wrong, I don't wanna be right...

Llamas
05-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I don't think so. It wasn't the whole song that they re-recorded, just the one riff.

I was gonna say that, too, but he weaseled his way out of that with "that were previously recorded". Were those songs completely done by the time they got put off?

"Hey, I‘ve read a few things out there where it has been suggested that some of the songs on our new record might be older material, like outtakes or re-recordings of old songs."

Both change the world and pay the man were outtakes, whether or not they were fully recorded earlier.

randman21
05-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Correct. Forgot about that part.

HeadAroundU
05-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Whoa, I'm a bit surprised, no Pass me by!? Well, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure that we will get this song someday. I have to hear that song.

DexterWannabe
05-12-2007, 09:18 AM
why does everybody loves Pass Me By? it's slow and boring! get over it!

patoff10
05-12-2007, 09:55 AM
why does everybody loves Pass Me By? it's slow and boring! get over it!

+1

10 fuckin characters

German Andres
05-12-2007, 10:23 AM
P.S wait a sec! thats not so good news, this means pass me by wont be on the album! 2 possible tracks everyone was speculating about are suddenly confirmed of not being on the new album.

That`s bad?

sebastienfan
05-12-2007, 11:01 AM
they have to release those two songs, they have puted this short video few years ago where you see dexter playing CGMHAY then we hear that amazing intro song possibly pass me by, not releasing that song is like telling us with this video, here is a taste of a song you will nerver hear.

and Dirty magic re-recorded, Dexter said on that Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter) 02/07/06 journal "Well, I guess that‘s it for now. Oh yeah, did I tell you guys that we re-recorded Dirty Magic last year?"

they will release on one way or another, if not its like starting telling a great story without telling the end or saying "Well, I guess that‘s it for now. Oh yeah, did I tell you guys that we re-recorded Dirty Magic last year but you will never hear it.

so im pretty sure they will release those songs, on the album ( pass me by ), on a b-sides or on the web site.

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Word. Now that it's no longer 3 am and I'm sober, re-reading it tells me that the 13 *they just recorded* are all new songs. So these other outtakes might still see the light of day. It's a big ol' fun WE'LL SEE!

jacknife737
05-12-2007, 11:09 AM
This is really great news!

However they really have to (at some point) release the re-recording of Dirty Magic and Pass Me By, a b-sides album perhaps?

offspringchaz
05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
they need to put them two songs as b sides, because they havnt released a single with an "actual" b side for a long time, its been all live tracks and i dont want the offspring to start getting like Blink 182 and live tracks is the way for a b side.

" we dont need another "all i want" live lol "

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree, we can steal live songs from offspringbootlegs.com if we want them, i say they re-use any spare demos or re-record a song (just one).

Venom Symbiote
05-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Hibbity jibbity whoo. I don't ever care anymore.

Just give us a release date, oh lords of t3h cool.

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2007, 03:38 PM
It would be a relief to have a release date, however rough &/or far away.

Gayman
05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
I think it's good that they wont re-record anything. They have already done the song before, why record them again? Only new songs I say!

zacsta
05-13-2007, 05:25 AM
this is quite funny, dexter has all power over what we argue about, all he has to do is say something slightly contraversial in the journal, slipping hints about the new album and away we go with the bitch-fights.
would be interesting to see other band members posting journals, especially greg, it'd be interesting to say what he had to say about the up-coming album, "well hey you guys, im feeling a little sad right now, i just came back from my vacation and turns out bob rock's already recorded the bass. he said its no problem, turns out he's had some experience playing bass for a band before"
so noodles if your reading this, and i know you are... give us some lovin', please?

RazielSR
05-13-2007, 03:06 PM

Why do you always say Dieter ?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dieter? XDDDDDDD It isn't Dieter a german name??
http://www.moderntalkingpoint.com/media/DER~DIETER.jpg

About the Dexter journal entry...IMO I prefer no re-recording and old songs, etc, etc in the new album...maybe a ghost track would be good, but not for the main track list. Dexter knows he must compose a completely new songs album.

Trippy_
05-13-2007, 03:32 PM
To me, he's Dieter Holland. Always will be. Die auch über seiner!

About the upcoming cd. I will buy it.

Venom Symbiote
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
would be interesting to see other band members posting journals, especially greg,

What do you think the chances of that happening are? "Slim", "none", or "I'll kick you in the nuts"?

BustedKnuckles
05-13-2007, 04:29 PM
What do you think the chances of that happening are? "Slim", "none", or "I'll kick you in the nuts"?

I'll take "I'll kick you in the nuts" for a thousand Alex!

selfDemanDeD
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe "Pass Me By" could be on the new album. Maybe. And I think it's cool that there will be no re-recordings in the main part of the album. However, bonuses are cool.

Ptit Seb
05-14-2007, 12:51 AM
i want "WE DON'T HAVE SEX ANYMORE"
and only as a b-side !! not on the album ok dex :)

F@ BANKZ
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I love the idea, it could be the title of the long awaited Spare Me The Details punk remix.

Iamstupid
05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Dieter? XDDDDDDD It isn't Dieter a german name??
http://www.moderntalkingpoint.com/media/DER~DIETER.jpg

About the Dexter journal entry...IMO I prefer no re-recording and old songs, etc, etc in the new album...maybe a ghost track would be good, but not for the main track list. Dexter knows he must compose a completely new songs album.

oh, didn't know that Dieter was a real name, I thought that the guy always say Dieter because he wanted to give new surname to The Offspring or something like that :rolleyes: I'm kinda impatient to see him rename Noodles, Atom & Greg K. Anyways, Dexter sounds kinda better than Dieter. Dieter sounds like you're sneezing :p

And about the ghost track, why not, it could be funny ^^ BUt not obligatorily Pass Me By. Maybe a cover like Next To You or something else, I dunno what :rolleyes: Maybe just a song made by The Offspring like When You're In Prison, but more punk.

Hey, you're damn funny !

Sapre Me The Details punk remix ? That's a funny idea ^^

F@ BANKZ
05-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Sapre Me The Details punk remix ? That's a funny idea ^^

I did steal the idea off somebody, can't remember who though.

Ryder1234
05-14-2007, 08:18 PM
hey more updates means the album is really close to being done, because remember befor they started to even like find producer etc., there was quite a few updates, like 4-5 a month, then they started to work on it, and we'd have to wait for like 2-3 months for an update. and now there's been 2 updates in 3 days

Iamstupid
05-15-2007, 03:37 AM
I have a friend which name is Dieter

Ummm well that's a beautiful name :o ;) And Dieter sounds kinda better than "Diederick" (well I wish that nodoby got here a friend, a mother or whatever named Diederick...)

I did steal the idea off somebody, can't remember who though.

THe idea still sounds good ^^

hey more updates means the album is really close to being done, because remember befor they started to even like find producer etc., there was quite a few updates, like 4-5 a month, then they started to work on it, and we'd have to wait for like 2-3 months for an update. and now there's been 2 updates in 3 days

I dunno maybe Dexter is just annoying that's why he updates the web site lol :rolleyes: I don't know if the labum he's close to being done, but it's still good to have news :)

Ninty Man
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Maybe Dex it's tired about the man boobs crap XD

Forza
05-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
05/18/07

Writing lyrics….finished another one today. This one‘s gonna be
called ‘Takes Me Nowhere‘....

A new journal again.

Iamstupid
05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
A new journal again.

Oh man..I'm so sorry I just made a nex thread about it :( Well...if the moderators think that my new thread must be closed...Well...no problem :o

Forza
05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Oh man..I'm so sorry I just made a nex thread about it :( Well...if the moderators think that my new thread must be closed...Well...no problem :o

It's np.. I just thought it did not deserve a new thread since it's so short :)