PDA

View Full Version : Spool.fm

0r4ng3
05-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I found this online radio thing. It's kind of like last.fm and the audioscrobbler business, but not really. I suck at explaining things, but I found this on the homepage:

Spool.fm is a completely free community oriented website whose goal is to make sharing music simple. You can start listening to music right away by searching for an artist or a song and clicking on one of the result.

If you register to Spool.fm, you can save the playlist you create, share them, and even allow anyone to listen in realtime to what you are currently listening.
You can also add your own music to make your creations publicly available using the easy-to-use SpoolPack.

It's still in Beta and relatively new, so it's not perfect.

http://spool.fm

I registered as WilliamAbility.

Bazza
05-16-2007, 02:37 AM
I like the concept, however I don't like the interface on the website (it just doesn't seem easy to use). I'm assuming you download a program with it, like last.fm?

Amiralanal
05-16-2007, 03:07 AM
What benefits do i get from registering?

Bazza
05-16-2007, 03:17 AM
If you register to Spool.fm, you can save the playlist you create, share them, and even allow anyone to listen in realtime to what you are currently listening.
You can also add your own music to make your creations publicly available using the easy-to-use SpoolPack.

I think it's mainly the fact that you can share playlists with people and they can listen to what you are listening to. Other than that I don't see any huge benefit over using last.fm, I'll probably wait and see how it develops.

Amiralanal
05-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Ill use this site when im in school and i want music, or im at someone elses place.

XYlophonetreeZ
05-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Basically it sounds like Audiogalaxy without downloads. Could be pretty cool. I'll check it out.