PDA

View Full Version : What are you currently listening to?

Guerilla Enferma
05-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Boost your post count and share something that no one particularly cares about. Fun mirite?!

Typical format: Artist - Song

As for me,
Minus the Bear - Drilling

smash212
05-13-2007, 04:09 PM
before: Limbeck - "Trouble"
This new record is great, just got it on platinum vinyl. a departure from their past LPs but definitely a welcomed one.

now: The Automatic Automatic - "Monster"
Been very addicted to this band and this particular song over the past few weeks. They're gonna be on Warped this summer so I just might have to go enjoy that. check em out on purevolume.

Apathy
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Boost your post count and share something that no one particularly cares about. Fun mirite?!

This is the exact reason that we do not have one of these threads.

I beg everyone to not contribute to this thread from here on out.

0r4ng3
05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
This is the exact reason that we do not have one of these threads.
We used to have one of these in General Chat. It was quite successful for a while. But yeah, most people found it incredibly annoying.

Bee tee doubleyew, I'm currently listening to Billy Talent, but you all already knew that.

Guerilla Enferma
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Even though I say I don't care, I really do. I'm new who so I want to get to know people's musical tastes.

Anyway:

Minus the Bear - This Aint A Surfin Movie

I totally can't stop listening to them.

coke_a_holic
05-13-2007, 05:25 PM
There's a bunch of threads just like this one, dude. If you wanna check up on our music tastes, you could always just browse the threads in this forum, look at the "where do I start?" thread, or the "what album are you currently listening to?" thread. Those two are less of a "boost-your-post-count" ordeal than real discussions branching around music.

Bee Tee Dubs, welcome to the BBS!

To answer the thread: I'm listening to a mix between Bomb the Music Industry!, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches, and my own musical creation, trying to figure out how I can use the Musical Typing feature of Garage Band without it sounding like complete crap.

ZagmenO
05-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I beg everyone to not contribute to this thread from here on out.

But you kinda just did by posting in it.

I'm listening to Reach For The Sky by Social D! I never get tired of that song. It's so addicting and I love it!!!

EDIT: I mean:

Social Distortion-Reach For The Sky

XYlophonetreeZ
05-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Minus the Bear is awesome, and Drilling is one of their best songs fo sho.

That said, this thread has been done and these threads are never interesting.

H1T_That
05-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Neo: Whoa. Déjà vu.
[Everyone freezes right in their tracks]
Trinity: What did you just say?
Neo: Nothing. Just had a little déjà vu.
Trinity: What did you see?
Cypher: What happened?
Neo: A thread about what your currently listening to went past us, and then another that looked just like it.
Trinity: How much like it? Was it the same thread?
Neo: It might have been. I'm not sure.
Morpheus: Switch! Apoc!
Neo: What is it?
Trinity: A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the BBS. It happens when they repeat something.

Llamas
05-14-2007, 09:51 AM
The best thread for this kind of thing is the "official audioscrobbler thread".

Steve-O
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Currently listing to Greenday-"Pulling Teeth"

P.S it is also one of my songs on "play" if anyone hasn't guessed it....

0r4ng3
05-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I'd prefer this thread if it were more like a "discuss what you're currently listening to" thread. Y'know, like a General Other Bands Discussion Thread, and not just another "post what song is playing but never actually read the thread" type of thread. It has potential, but never anything else.

Bee tee doubleyew, I'm still listening to Billy Talent, but you all already knew that.

H1T_That
05-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd prefer this thread if it were more like a "discuss what you're currently listening to" thread. Y'know, like a General Other Bands Discussion Thread, and not just another "post what song is playing but never actually read the thread" type of thread. It has potential, but never anything else.

Bee tee doubleyew, I'm still listening to Billy Talent, but you all already knew that.

Billy who?

Steve-O
05-14-2007, 03:05 PM

I totally agree, you should be able to discuss what you are listening to instead of just letting everyone know what song it is. I also think that this thread could have alot of potential of anyone wanted to do something with it:D

....now listening to Battery by Metallica

Guerilla Enferma
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Fuck some Audioscribbler. I think it's too impersonal. One day, we'll be so obsessed with easily accessible and the avoidance of interpersonal discussion that rather than discussing our fears, love, and wants with our buddies we'll link them to our blog instead, which is a place we can expose the flaws we want to expose and create the person we want to be, not the person we are.

"Hey what's up? Can i pee in your butt girl?"
"Naw that'd be slutty. You don't even know me but here go to my blog and then maybe I'll consider it."
"Damn girl, I like that angled shot of you. You got style. Oh? You like Malcom X. That's cool. Can I pee in your butt now?"
"Yeah, I think we've gotten to know each other pretty well"

Circa Survive - In Fear and Faith

Llamas
05-14-2007, 04:44 PM
You really can not be serious. Posting a song title is more personal than linking a list?

coke_a_holic
05-14-2007, 05:34 PM
You really can not be serious. Posting a song title is more personal than linking a list?
uh, obv.

Guerilla Enferma
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
:rolleyes: I could do something as simple as sitting here for hours and typing out a list of Artist - Song titles and it'd still be more personal than an automated list. It shows that I care enough about it to waste my time, my finger dexterity, and therefore my soullllll.

Rasheeda - My Bubble Gum

Llamas
05-14-2007, 05:41 PM
You should stop caring so much about a message board.

Guerilla Enferma
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
You should get out of my grits.

Volti y Tego Calderon - Julito Marana

XYlophonetreeZ
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
You should get out of my grits.

Volti y Tego Calderon - Julito Marana
Wow, dude, that song title totally makes me understand you as a person. I mean, I fuckin' GET you now. Wanna do some shrooms so we can connect in a real, spiritual, meaningful way like God intended before the pure, natural world was corrupted by the evils of the Internet?

All About Eve
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Wow, dude, that song title totally makes me understand you as a person. I mean, I fuckin' GET you now. Wanna do some shrooms so we can connect in a real, spiritual, meaningful way like God intended before the pure, natural world was corrupted by the evils of the Internet?
Dude. Word.

Rag Doll
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Minus the Bear is awesome, and Drilling is one of their best songs fo sho.

That said, this thread has been done and these threads are never interesting.

mm. i agree with Dr Treez. <33

Guerilla Enferma
05-14-2007, 10:41 PM

I knew someone would understand.

Guerilla Enferma
05-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Pedro the Lion - Options