PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest

Venom Symbiote
05-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Anyone like them?

Truth be told, I've only recently started listening to them more than casually, and they've surprised me. Maiden will obviously always be better, but these guys are pretty hardcore.

I disagree with Rob Halford having that "bestest metalz singer evaah" title (I mean, fuck, Tim "Ripper" Owens has more raw power to his voice, his replacing Halford brought a lot to the table, despite the albums he was on sucking musically), but yeah, they both rock.

I think I love this band for the sheer ridiculous cheese factor, coupled with some chunky-as-fuck pure-metal riffs. Heavier than Maiden, that's for sure.

"Screaming For Vengeance" rocks big time (although the Matt Barlow cover kicks the hell out of the original), and of course "Painkiller", "Victim Of Changes" and "Hell Is Home" are all kinds of awesome too.

the_GoDdEsS
05-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Wadeye much? Lolz.

Venom Symbiote
05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Lolz. Abos. Now that the obligatory native joke is out of the way... *sigh*

Steve-O
05-19-2007, 06:48 AM
I like them, I'm actually currently listening to them right now. I think the only reason I like them are for the awesome solos and kick ass riffs!.

Some of my favourites are
* Painkiller
*Wheels of fire
*Living After Midnight
*Breaking The Law
*Electric Eye

Note these are only a few, I can list like a whole page of their song that I like!.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I love them. Duh. Sad Wings of Destiny is probably my favourite album ever.

I'm also really looking forward to the new album.

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 11:21 AM
I love them. Duh. Sad Wings of Destiny is probably my favourite album ever.

I'm also really looking forward to the new album.

Wow, i thought they'd split a while ago.

Venom Symbiote
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Nope, they just changed back to the original lineup. Got rid of Owens on vocals and Halford rejoined the band. Owens joined Iced Earth and started a side project Beyond Fear (which is basically a shitty downtuned nu-metal band).