PDA

View Full Version : Atom and AVA

killboybowerhead
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
not to spark another atom willard discussion, but ryan sinn just got official kicked out of ava... Maybe that will create more time for him to play with the offspring

Grabbal
05-18-2007, 01:13 AM

Trippy_
05-18-2007, 03:57 AM
not to spark another atom willard discussion, but ryan sinn just got official kicked out of ava... Maybe that will create more time for him to play with the offspring

that's good news. Hopefully the whole band will go apart soon, it was supposed to be the dream team and the greatest band ever but now we see what happened again. You can't work with DeLonge it seems. This is what usually happens with these 'star names' band. Offspring's been friends since childhood and they got their success all the way from garage and they're still going strong, that's adorable.

defyuk
05-18-2007, 05:59 AM
What did he play and why was he kicked out?

he is/was the bassist and i've had a look on the website and myspace but there isn't anything about him getting kicked out yet. a few people have asked about it though so dunno if its just a rumour or not.

icklebabygremlin
05-18-2007, 06:28 AM
well i heard that blink 182 are friends agian and that at leeds and reading fest they are playing together

crrrN
05-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't think Blink are ever gonna come together again.

patoff10
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Lolz, blink aren't still friend, it's bullshit dude... not today and not tomorrow, but maybe in 20 years :p
And Ryan was kicked off yes it's sure now, but he was substitute by the ex-bassist of 30STM and it's sure too.
So I don't understand why this topic is related to the Offspring, Atom is still with AVA, and we'll stay with AvA during a long time again ;)
But I don't know if he could stay with the Offspring, if you think about it, The Offspring and AvA will probably finished their new album in the same time, so maybe they will go in tour together, Atom with the 2 bands, it will be simply awesome, please do this Dexter !

ZagmenO
05-18-2007, 10:40 AM
You know, when I first downloaded AVA, it was soley because Atom was the drummer in it. Well, other things too. I heard "The Adventure" on the radio and it sounded good. Like a much improved U2. I then downloaded the entire album, and I must say: listening to the thing from start to finish is just a nightmare. I can stand about a little bit more or less than half the songs on the album...in small doses. Three or four in a row is just too much. The songs sound alike and therefore just run too far together. Not only that, but they have been hogging Atom for far too long for a while. Remember that? He was in Offspring first. If this next album of their's comes out, which I hope to God it does not, then I'm just boycotting it.

Besides, Atom's better in Offspring anyway. ;);)

patoff10
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Lol... in Offspring he doesn't wrote what he wants, with AvA he can do what he want, he create very much more... so it's obvious that he is better with AvA...
And I understand you don't like the album, because there are some songs you can find very poor like Distraction, Do it for me now, A little's enough, The Gift or Good day. But if you are "open" you can find Valkyrie missile, The adventure, The War, It hurts and Start the machine pretty good. And have you heard Star of Bethlehem ? It is on their myspace, the intro is very long but the song is pretty good then ;)

Don't worry I'm sure their next album will be still better than the first, just understand that from Blink to AvA, it's very different, AvA has a kind of music not very common and it was maybe difficult with the first album to do everything they have wanted to do or sound it like they want. Now they have more experience :p

Short_Attention_Span
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
he is/was the bassist and i've had a look on the website and myspace but there isn't anything about him getting kicked out yet. a few people have asked about it though so dunno if its just a rumour or not.

I don't think it's a rumor:

Bassist Ryan Sinn, also formerly of The Distillers, has been kicked out of Tom Delonge's Angels & Airwaves project. Sinn explained the situation in a message to Army of Angels, the band's official fan club:

I received a phone call the evening of April 19th that concluded my relationship with Angels & Airwaves. I could go into an entire novel about my opinions of the whole matter and why I was given the axe, but to me, throwing dirt just seems desperate and tabloid-ial.

All I'll say as to why I was kicked out, the reasons I was given weren't at all honest, and severely hypocritical to the point of abhorrent disgust. I've gotten wind of a few of the rumors floating around the virtual life source, and I'll say that I would never leave a band because of a clash of ideas, or control. To me a band is a clash of ideas and control.

Sinn, along with guitarist Dave Kennedy and drummer Atom Willard (the Offspring/Rocket From The Crypt) were recruited for the band in September 2005.

Geez... drama.
________
Bdsm torture (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/253/torture/videos/1)

patoff10
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Yes this is the "truth", so not a rumor.
DeLonge haven't explain the situation yet...

nameless
05-18-2007, 08:35 PM
it was posted on some other websites, maybe it just wasnt working out so tom went with someone else!

eli92eli
06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
hi,,,i've the AVA'cd,,, it sucks....and atom could stay with the offspring,,,now he's making bad music!!!:( :(

Jakebert
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, I am pretty curious about the whole thing with Sinn. It sounds like it could be mildly interesting if we got some info on what happened. I could be wrong though.

cool 2 hate 681
06-25-2007, 05:05 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/AVA_I-EMPIRE07_COVERART.jpg