PDA

View Full Version : Their record collections

Jojan
05-21-2007, 04:16 AM
I would like the band to post list of their records collections. Would be rather interessting, acctually.
This is my collection. (http://www.pop.nu/show_collection.asp?user=5733&showtype=covers)

Marco
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM
I would like the band to post list of their records collections. Would be rather interessting, acctually.
This is my collection. (http://www.pop.nu/show_collection.asp?user=5733&showtype=covers)
That's so true!

Jojan
05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
That's so true!

I know! ..

summer_guy
05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
offspring could do 1 song with the simple plan..!!!

what do u think ?

Jojan
05-22-2007, 07:09 AM

what do u think ?

I think that this is off topic and I think that they should not do 1 song with the simple plan..!!!

Lupin
05-22-2007, 08:03 AM

what do u think ?

Awesome idea man.:rolleyes:
I'd rather watch 'interspecies erotica'...or for that matter see your record collection.
________
Portable vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

NotTheOne_NL
05-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I think this is some of their collection, this is from a interview :
http://www.geocities.com/offspring_de/interviews/essential_punk.htm

1 The Stooges - "Raw Power" (CBS, 1973)
Noodles: "This was the best Stooges record and a massive influence. What impressed me was the fact they weren´t afraid to put guitar solos on their songs. The ´70s was full of polished arena rock acts, disco and punk. Iggy came before all of that, when big bands could still be raw and dirty as opposed to the sterile sounds that came later."
Dexter: "He´s still in great shape too. We saw him doing a show after the MTV Awards in Dublin this year and he was great. Thirty years of abuse and he can still kick it. He´s a dude."
2 Ramones - "Ramones" (Sire, 1976)
Noodles: "The Ramones´ debut album is punk and it´s powerful, but you want to sing along to it too. I love the ´hey-ho´s and the sentiment of songs like ´Beat on The Brat`. I think everone knows what it´s like to be frustrated with life and wanting to take it all out on someone - that´s essentially what the Ramoes sang about."
Dexter: "I don´t think that people ralize that the Ramones were the band who started it all. I talked to Joey Ramoe onec and he told me that Malcom McLaren came over to see them in New York and took the ideas back to London. People like Iggy may already have been there, but this record was the first real piece of evidence that a new scene was happened within rock music."

3 Sex Pistol - "Never Mind The Bollocks - Here´e;s The Sex Pistols" (Virgin, 1977)
Noodles: "I bought two punk rock record from a friend of mine, and "Never Mind The Bollocks..." was one of them. I loved it becaause it was so raw, energic and more powerful than anything I had ever heard before. Most of my friends hated it and thought I was ridiculos for liking it and I just didn´t understand how they could be so wrong about music. Whenever I was pissed off with my parents or school, I just slammed my door and cranked out this record."

4 The Clash - "The Clash" (CBS, 1977)
Noodles: "The Clash were one of the biggest and best bands to come out of the whole punk scene. Ultimately, they influenced me because of who they were - they were political and outspoken and weren´t afraid to piss people off. It was also obvious on this album that they were so in love with what they were doing."
Dexter: "They were one of those bands who were able to envolve at their owm pace and make diverse-sounding albums, whether it was ´Combat Rock` or ´Sandinista!`. I agree with Noodles, though - as a band The Clash were just as much about an ideology or an aesthic as they were about mere songs. They always looked great too."

5 Germs - "GI"(Slash, 1979)
Noodles: "This was another really simple record, almost painfully simple. The Germs broke all the rules of how to put chords and shit together. also, you could never understand a word that their singer Darby Crash was saying - but it didn´t really matter because it was all so brutal regardless of what they were saying."
Dexter: "I heard that the Germs recorded this album and then they learned to play their instuments, so they recorded it again. This was a record that had a big influence on us when we first thought about putting together a punk rock band. Songs like `Lexicon Devil" and "Media Blitz" particularly stood out for us. It din´t leave my tunrtable for a year."

6 Dead Kennedys - "Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegatables" (IRS/Cherry Red, 1980)
Noodles: "We could pick any Dead Kennedys album, but this was the first and best one. It was very sarcastic and full of dark, biting humour and plenty of irony. I can remember playing "Holiday In Cambodia" and my Dad went, "Turn that shit off, there´s no holiday in Cambodia!" - I was like, "Yeah Dad, you´re finally catching on!"."
Dexter: "It was just so... what´s the word for it? PUNK! That´s it! The Dead Kennedys are a perfect example of adults missing the point by taking the lyrics literally. I once saw a woman reading the lyrics to a "I Kill Children" on a PMRC daytime chat show and it was so funny. She was just completly missing the sarcasm and falling for the shock tactics. Ultmately, Jello Biafra got a lot of kids thinking."

7 Minor Threat - "Minor Threat EP" (Dischord, 1981)
Dexter. "I liked Minor Threat a lot. At that time this was a real fierce record, especially compared to a lot of the albums that were being released. This stuff was fast and you could always hear 100 per caent convinction. They were obviously very passionate about beliefs, and that crossed over from the music and affected you. We played a couple of shows with Ian MacKaye when he had ormed Fugazi, and he came up to us and told us that we were one of the best bands they had played with, which was a major compliment. Every song on this record is meomrable. Memorable and very, very fast."

8 Black Flag - "Damaged"(SST, 1981)
Dexter: "I was introduced to Black Flag by the LA DJ Rodney Bingenheimer. He was the only giy playing this sort of stuff back then and he put out this album called "Rodney On The Rock" which had Blag Flag on it. It made such an impact on me that I went out and bought an Adolescents record, then T.S.O.L., and it just went on and on. With "Damaged", I guess it was the fact that I could really identify with the outsider. I definitely didn´t feel like i could fit in, which I guess is a common feeling with a lot of adolescents. Growing up in the suburbs there were lots of pressure - whether from parents, teachers, TV or whatever - to be this cleancut, captain-of-the-football-team kinda guy. On pretty much every song, Black Flag addessed that sort of thing from different angles. They identified that feeling to the point where it was almost uplifting."

9 T.S.O.L. - "T.S.O.L."(Poshboy,1981)
Dexter: "The thing about T.O.S.L. was that we understood where they were coming from because they were from our area, as opposed to London or wherever. At high school you had all the cliques -I think that´s universal - and at my school the punks were the lowest. All the jocks used to form a line in the hallway and when we walked out from lunch they´d slam us back and forth down the hall. They couldn´t hurt us, though, because we listened to T.S.O.L. This record was the soundtrack to all these things. Later we played a show where we brought a couple of the band up onstage to play their song "Coda Blue". That was really cool, kinda like reliving that nostalgic moment. Now I´ve had the opportunity to reissue some of their records. Everyone should check this record out."

10 Bad Brains - "Rock For Light"(PVC, 1983)
Dexter: "The first punk bands were always tnded to be white, suburban and middle-class, but Bad Brains were very different. Through their reggeaw sensibility they brought a whole new feel to things. When they got together live they could shift from slow reggae to brutal, heavy punk, that was refreshing at the time. Loads of bands mix it up now, but to dee four black kids playing hardcore punk then was completly unique. This record was produced by Ric Ocasek who was in The Cars - which was kind of weird, but somehow it worked."