PDA

View Full Version : Offspring songs with not too hard guitar playing

Franka
05-26-2007, 04:07 AM
So I've played guitar like 2 times in my life for now just the basics..
My 'teacher' asked me to tell her a song of my favorite band and she'll teach me that song on guitar.

So basically I'm asking, are there any Offspring songs that you guys would recommend which isn't too hard for a noob like me ^^ thanks in advance. :)

Grabbal
05-26-2007, 04:16 AM

Iamstupid
05-26-2007, 05:02 AM
And I would had The Meaning Of Life.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Self Esteem
Gotta Get Away
Dirty Magic
Can't Repeat
Amazed

Some of them you might think are too fast but you'll get it ;)

Within a year you'll realise how easy all of their songs are :D

DexterWannabe
05-26-2007, 06:37 AM
a sissy but easy one; get a job

let there be rock
05-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Self Esteem
Gotta Get Away
Dirty Magic
Can't Repeat
Amazed

Some of them you might think are too fast but you'll get it ;)

Within a year you'll realise how easy all of their songs are :D

So you can also play Burn it up the verse is pretty interesting
Well , dirty magic , pretty fly , burn it up are for me the easiest songs from the offspring ;)

German Andres
05-26-2007, 07:33 AM
So Alone is the easiest Offspring song, and sounds kickass. You should try that one. And then you could continue with The kids aren`t alright

H1T_That
05-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Have you ever and Dirty Magic were the first 2 i learnt. They are the easiest by far.

Mel_Off
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Well:

Defy You
Get a Job
Hit That
The kids arent alright
Dirty Magic
Want you Bad
Cant Repeat
What Happened To You? (the solo is pretty easy)

Jojan
05-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Most Offspring songs are easy.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Most Offspring songs are easy.

Because they're a punk rock band. ;)

patoff10
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't choose an Offspring song to play by the less difficult...
Just choose which you want to play, and at 95% it would be an easy song =)

mrconeman
05-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Self Esteem and So Alone are very, very basic stuff.
After you have those down progress on to stuff with riffs in them, like Dirty Magic, TKAA etc etc. All in all most Offspring songs are very easy to pick up, though there are a few with solos that you will find tricky for the first year or so of playing.

Learn power chords, learn to palm mute, and learn to strum quickly, you'll be able to play the bulk of Offspring, and generally all punk music.

Don't choose an Offspring song to play by the less difficult...
Just choose which you want to play, and at 95% it would be an easy song =)

what the fuck

Coleby
05-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I think some very easy rifts are Crossroads and L.A.P.D

patoff10
05-27-2007, 08:53 AM
what the fuck
what ? ^^^^

Grabbal
05-27-2007, 09:08 AM

patoff10
05-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I would say, 95% of the Offspring songs...

Iamstupid
05-27-2007, 09:20 AM
I think that Patoff was sayin to Franka that he should not choose an Offspring song because it's an easy one to play, but that he should choose whatever Offspring song he really wants to play, because it could be an easy song to play at 95%.

I'm not sure, and I dunno if I'm understood, my english isn't perfect :/

EDIT : Patoff answered before me, sorry.

mrconeman
05-28-2007, 07:59 AM
what ? ^^^^

The sentance made no sense. At all.

Unnatural Disaster
05-28-2007, 09:20 AM
The first Offspring song I learned to play was Come Out and Play. Next was Can't Get My Head Around You. I thought both were fun and easy.

Awesome_Avril
05-28-2007, 09:50 AM
In September 2005, after seeing Offspring (Noodles) 5 times I was inspired learn guitar. I just started taking guitar lessons where I got my bachelors degree years ago (www.ccm.uc.edu). The first year the teacher spent I had used a book and all I learned were childrenís, folk and Christmas songs. This year I had a teacher that is a grad student instead of a professor. We threw out the book so to speak and started with what I wanted to learn to play --- Dirty Magic on Acoustic (like on the Greatest Hits bonus). After that we went to Gone Away. A couple of weeks ago we started on Pay the Man. My last lesson until fall was Saturday and I think I know enough that when the lessons start again in September, I should have Pay the Man down. Of course I donít play them as well as The Offspring but it has been fun to learn.

One of the biggest problems that I have is with rhythm. Vol32 Hal Leonard Guitar The Offspring Guitar Tab book has a CD with software (Amazing Slow Downer) that slows down the songs so that you can learn them. Iíve been able to play Gone Away at about 90-95% of the tempo with few mistakes. The software is a limited version that will only play with the songs in the book. I am planning to buy the full version of Amazing Slow Downer software so I can practice any song because I would like to learn some other Offspring songs along with some Evanescence and Papa Roach songs. The software is from Roni music (http://www.ronimusic.com/).

So my recommendations are:
Dirty Magic
Gone Away
Pay the Man

Other Offspring on my list to learn:
Gotta Get Away
Head Around You
I Choose

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
05-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Well, if it really is this early in your playing, I suggest learning some basic first position stuff before you move on to bar chords. Even though Offspring songs are easy, it sounds like you're just starting out; and you gotta learn the basics before you try to play straight-up power chords.

Steve-O
05-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Practise your power chords, you'll get better over time.

Franka
05-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks very much guys ^^
I'll see what I'll do.

I'm a she btw xD

Original prankstA
05-31-2007, 06:11 PM
most of the kids here are probably playing these off tabs, so if I were you i'd pick your favorite song, because your teacher will probably teach you a different way (different than tabs) and make it as easy as possible for you.

SMASH0390
05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
don't limit yourself. shoot high for whatever offspring song you really like and your teacher will help you. Thats how you get better. good luck

Ryder1234
06-03-2007, 08:36 PM
ok i dont really read music, i play tabs because i havent had lessons yet, but it seems that the rythm guitar part in all songs are compromised of these chords:

-------------------
-------------------
-------------------
--3----------------
--3----------------
--1----------------

-------------------
-------------------
--3----------------
--3----------------
--1----------------
-------------------
Its not always on those frets thought, it can be any other frets, but it stays in that formation, and on st theres also this:

-------------------
--4----------------
--3----------------
--1----------------
-------------------
-------------------