PDA

View Full Version : can you relate to...

MasoN
06-02-2007, 02:05 AM
hey everyone,
You know, there is so much stuff/gossip going on around new Offspring album, but I just would like to know what Offspring means to you?

To me, its been a favourite band for more than 8 years, and even tho i know its nothing, I've learned alot from this band and it made me feel and think about life in a different wAy, and Im really glad and thankful for that.

Go OFFSPRING GO!!!!!!

btw Im Pretty sure the new album will be called "Uneven Soul"

DefaultNinja
06-02-2007, 02:26 AM
I think Offspring are a band I can't possibly hate. I've learned from them, musically and in other aspects.. although I can't always relate to their lyrics.

I heard them about.. well 8 years ago nearly, on a Dreamcast Demo for Crazy Taxi (Come Out Swinging), I spent so long trying to find out who made that song also.

But yeah, I listen to certain songs and it brings me back some, which I appreciate. I wanna be able to make a decent tribute to them one day, perhaps even meet them.

IJHTL
06-02-2007, 04:13 AM
For me, The Offspring are quite simply the reason I got into music. If it hadn't been for Pretty Fly (I know, I know), I wouldn't be listening to music full stop.So to me, The Offspring are the most important band in the world, and even though Pretty Fly is far from being my favourite song, I can't ever bring myself to dislike it.

Enix Belmont
06-02-2007, 04:37 AM
Uneven soul, huh? Where'd you hear that? I don't like the name too much...Sounds like a name for like a much more generic band. It's OK though.

I've known about the offspring for a long time, back when my dad used to play Come out and play and self esteem when I was in his car, but what really got me into listening to them, and music in general, was Crazy Taxi. That game kicked ass.

Also, pretty fly for a white guy isn't that bad. Not their best song, but I have no clue why people hate it. Because it's populaR? Pfft, who cares if it isn't tru punx or whatever. Its pretty decent.Original Prankster kicks ass BTW.

forcyn
06-02-2007, 06:08 AM
I started to like Offspring couple of years ago, but it was just one of many bands I liked these days. They really became my fav band just 2 years ago. I had quite difficult time [no friends, I felt that I don't fit in, etc.] Their songs somehow helped me, showed that you can be whoever you want, dress like you want and just be yourself. I think Offspring is the most importand band in my life.

softy
06-02-2007, 06:19 AM
my dad introduced the offspring to me at a very early age. around when i was two or three actually...and i've been listening to them ever since.

Iamstupid
06-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Their songs somehow helped me, showed that you can be whoever you want, dress like you want and just be yourself. I think Offspring is the most importand band in my life.

Quoted for truth dude, you're totally right. I just feel like you. The Offspring are awesome and their songs also helped me.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-02-2007, 07:28 AM
When i started to listen to the offspring i was someone completely different than i am now. I don't know how one band only can create music so good that it changes peoples life. Offspring was the first punk band i ever listened to and when i started to listen to them i didn't even know what punk was. Atleast every hour that i'm at my house i click refresh on the offspring page to see if they are going to release some info or songs or something but they will still be talking about thier myspace page, and that puts me in a pissed off mood all day.

bhg_rulz2
06-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I have known The Offspring since i was like 8 years old, when my older brother played non-stop "Come Out And Play" and "Self Esteem", but I was a little kid, then "Pretty Fly" came out and I like it, but not so much to be my favorite band, then, on 2003, a friend of mine put on his pc "The Kids Aren't Alright" and since that moment, they have been my favorite band, they also have helped me in hard times, mostly "Have You Ever", "Can't Repeat", "Smash", "Dammit, I Changed Again". Those song are only a few, The Offspring are the best band ever =).

forcyn
06-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Quoted for truth dude, you're totally right. I just feel like you. The Offspring are awesome and their songs also helped me.

yeah, but... I'm a girl ^^

Iamstupid
06-02-2007, 09:02 AM
yeah, but... I'm a girl ^^

Lol I'm sorry ^^ So, I quoted for truth girl, you're totally right ect ect... :D

Even if you're a girl, The Offspring are still awesome :D

Lord_Gabo
06-02-2007, 09:24 AM
For me offspring are THE MUSIC.
They are my favourite since 1995 when i listen a music cassette of Smash.. and then 1997 with ixnay (i bought ignition too in that year..) and the other is history...

ArtificialLife
06-02-2007, 10:06 AM
First song I've heard was Session back in '92, might have been '93 when I heard it. It's nice to see that even today they can still help you kids out during tough times, as they certainly did for me years ago.

Now well into my 30's, they remain one of my favorite bands, although I have diversified my overall preference quite a bit.

Amiralanal
06-02-2007, 10:09 AM

why? (10)

Biggest offspring fan
06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
hey everyone,
You know, there is so much stuff/gossip going on around new Offspring album, but I just would like to know what Offspring means to you?

they means everything, without them i couldn't live...

PayTheMan
06-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, it was couple years ago when i first heard offspring. My favourite artist was 50 cent and i listened only pop and hip hop music. But that changed, when i saw offspring greatest hits album tv comercial, and i heard in it about five seconds of gotta get away. And i was like "Woah! I gotta get that album!". And i was so stupid then, most of the time, if i heard like rock music or something, i thought, even if it was good, that i cant like it, because i wanted to be like all of my friends who listened pop music. But when i heard Offspring i just couldn't resist. Next day i ordered their album, wich accidentally was splinter. And i saw pretty fly music video in mtv, and i started to jump around. Then in about a week i got splinter and i listenet it like nuts, many times a day. But still i was dissapointed, because there weren't pretty fly in splinter. So i bought greatest hits album. Then i started to listen rock music. Offspring totally opened my doors to that kind of music. Now i have six albums from them. I haven't got inaxay on the hombre and the offspring. I can't find them anywhere! I have all the songs, but i have to get the albums. I've gone through a lot of hard times, but listening offspring always makes me smile. Offspring is still my favourite band, and i dont listen shit like 50 cent anymore. Other bands i like are for example Nirvana, Aerosmith, System of a Down and Ramones. And music is my hole life, so Offspring is really big part of my life. I couldn't live without them.

patoff10
06-02-2007, 11:32 AM
The Offspring makes me love punk-rock, rock, and simply... the music.

ZagmenO
06-02-2007, 05:53 PM
TKAA got me into the Offspring and so I bought Americana. It was an album I was addicted to for many months. I knew I had to buy them all. I did one by one sorta, eventually got 'em all, then I downloaded some hella lotta B-sides, and before I knew it, I thought of Offspring as the greatest band in the history of bands. I still do to this very day and I always shall. ;);)

Venom Symbiote
06-02-2007, 06:58 PM

Gigglewaffles and toast. Tee hee hee.

Denial, Revisited
02-13-2008, 05:49 AM
For me, The Offspring are alot of things :D

When I listen to certain songs I'm reminded about different times in my life, and the different people who've come and go.

Pretty Fly reminds me of an old friend, we used to listen to it when it was released as a single in her room over and over because it was the only one we had, and our parents thought The Offspring were not appropriate for young girls! Hehehe (little did they know, 10 years later I'd STILL be playing that song).

Come out and Play reminds me of my cousin.

Denial, Revisited reminds me of my ex-bf. It was "our" song... to a T.

Gone Away is THE most moving song they've ever sung... If it wasn't for the fact that I dont want people to be sad there, I'd want it played at my funeral.

I think they're an amazing band, with more talent than the majority of so called musicians out there today.

They've lasted an incredibly long time, and still consistently produced a very high standard of music- which again, is not common these days.

DirtyYeso
02-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Their songs somehow helped me, showed that you can be whoever you want, dress like you want and just be yourself. I think Offspring is the most importand band in my life.

Yeah, their songs pretty much define who I am. The fit in "thing": Smash, The Meaning Of Life, Staring at The Sun; the funny side: Beheaded, Burn It Up; and something more emotional: Gone Away, Dirty Magic.

I got into them when I heard TKAA, I remember thinking it was the perfect song, the main riff, then those simple but cool power chords and the melodic vocals, I couldn't find any flaws in there and then the cool solo.
Now many years after, I can see how simple the song is, but somehow it doesn't lose it's greatness...

ad8
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I think my first contact with The Offspring was their music video of Pretty Fly on MTV. I must have been between 8 and 10 years old by then and first, I just liked the video, but about 2 years ago I somehow got to listen to The Offspring really often and I started to love them. For me, they are the greatest band in the world because they unite really good music and good lyrics. They help me to not give up the hope that there might actually be some good people in the world...
...people that seem to not exist in Germany:(

DirtyYeso
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
They help me to not give up the hope that there might actually be some good people in the world...
...people that seem to not exist in Germany:(

Right now, I'm on a student exchange programm in Germany. I've found good people, and I have some friends around here already.
Where do you live in Germany?
I'm living in B÷blingen, a small town near Stuttgart.

iPunk247
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Relating almost all of The Offspring songs mainly Dirty Magic; Cool To Hate and Gone Away. Or among others; like it depends on all of my shit fucking moods and stuff. sorry way too personel details i'd rather not discuss. *shrughs*

RoxnRollBassist
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I rember seeing the TV commercial for the greatest hits, and i loved all the songs i heard and recognized them all but didnt know who played them. Once i found out it was the offspring i was on a mission to get all there CDs and not one song has dissapointed me. I think they are one of the few artists u can listen to their albulm front and back and they dont all sound the same. I love them so rediculously much:)

Denial, Revisited
02-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I think they are one of the few artists u can listen to their albulm front and back and they dont all sound the same.

I think that is a very good point- their tracks are all very unique- while some themes may re-appear, such as not fitting in etc, they use different lyrics and music to portray them.

And yes- I can listen to every single song on every album, which does NOT happen very much with me! lol

Smash punker
02-13-2008, 11:43 PM
hey everyone,

To me, its been a favourite band for more than 8 years, and even tho i know its nothing, I've learned alot from this band and it made me feel and think about life in a different wAy, and Im really glad and thankful for that.

Go OFFSPRING GO!!!!!!

Offspring is my heart for almost 10 years. Satisfied now? :D

Conspiracyof1000
02-14-2008, 05:43 PM
The Offspring are what got me into music. I hated almost all the popular music, but I still asked for an MP3 player for Christmas. My dad put the Greatest Hits album on it. I had heard them before (TKAA, COAP, Self Esteem, WDYGAJ) but then I heard Want You Bad and wanted more.
To me, the Offspring are the embodiment of being yourself. An overused topic, yeah, but without songs such as TKAA, Dammit, I Changed Again, and Lightning Rod I don't think I could make it through the day. People still tease me, but now I can tease them back. Any of you heard that part of Bad Habit, towards the end? :p