PDA

View Full Version : New Dexter Road Journal !! 06/12/07

Powerh
06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
"Recording Takes a Long Time

Working hard, it‘s just taking awhile to get everything right. Every new part you record, you‘re trying out different stuff to get just the right guitar, microphone, amp, whatever…I can tell you though, the couple songs we just finished sound like a friggin‘ freight train…trying to get finished recording in the next month or so…we‘ll keep you posted.

What do you think of this line?

Though I try to break free
The cycle breaks me
Am I ever gonna see the light?

That is just teasing you I know"

Tijs
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Those lyrics sound kind of Americana-ish. But hopefully they will indeed be finished recording next month, I need some fresh Offspring before school starts again!

theoffspringignite
06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Dexter, taking time is fine we're just excited to hear the quality we'd expect anyway.

I like the new line, very offspring-y, good topic!

By the way, I just got back from Maui, on a trip I won with my company, I talked to some of the locals about Da Hui and thought of your vocal recording exploits there, take it easy!

Hit us back with a reply if you get the chance, thanks!

06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
very nice news.
Dexter is nice guy, pretty work. really thank him for adding news !
and thanx all members of group for new material.
i'll be waiting new album. whatever what it will !
pretty strokes of new songs... i hope it will on new album

Atrium
06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
the new material looks pretty sexy so far!

RoxnRollBassist
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I seriously was SOOO happy to see Dexter did another journal entry! I like the tiny bit of lyrics..sounds very offspring. Nothing too diffrent for them, but w/e what they do is great. I'm stoked about the new albulm(like everyone else) I do hope it will be soon, and i cant wait for them to go on tour!
Thanks Dexter!

endlesst0m
06-12-2007, 01:04 PM
From what I've seen, cd's are usually released about 3 months after recording is finished...so if they finish recording in July, like Dexter hopes to, the new album should be out around Octoberish. Right?

Harnum
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Those lyrics remind me of a song something like Lightning Rod. Don't ask why, they just do. I always enjoy new journals. I like updates!

Jojan
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
And since he wrote "Recording Takes a Long Time" I'd guess that it's a title of a song. Or maybe it's just some kind of title of the journal.

nevo
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Its getting closer and closer to album time... its hard to believe. Remember when we felt the same way for splinter? Yeah, good times. :]

RonWelty
06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
i don´t love right now that tiny part of the lyric...but i want to see it first with melody ...dexter has the special power to make almost everything so damn right!...let´s wait... IMO Dexter is better songwritter than writting lyrics

Grabbal
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Gayman
06-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Always great to read a new journal. The line sound good. Like someone before me said that kinda sounds like Americana stuff....it does.
Can't wait to get the new album when it comes out!

drex878
06-12-2007, 02:12 PM
This is great news, i've been dieing for an update. The lyrics sound alot like the offspring, but i'm not sure you can compare it to a style of any other album, since its with no music that we've heard. We got alot this update, i can only image what we will see next.

mrconeman
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
And since he wrote "Recording Takes a Long Time" I'd guess that it's a title of a song. Or maybe it's just some kind of title of the journal.

Or maybe it's his way of telling alot of the GOD fans to stfu asking for updates like every 5 minutes.

Anyway, it's really awesome that he updates so much, most band websites I assume the band members don't even realize exist. Cool line too, but not really anything to judge off, and I agree that it sounds kind of Americana-esque.

Omni
06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I hear Ixnay coming.

Yeah, that song lyric sounds like Way Down the Line.

Grabbal
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM

F@ BANKZ
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
The cycle breaks me

*Crys in unbelieveable joy*

Lord_Gabo
06-12-2007, 03:15 PM
It's strange but i hear a sense of ixnay in the air since the news of Bob Rock. Next album will be a lot rock such ixnay or defy you.. ? I Don't know but only one thing is sure. Next end of summer will be reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy hooooot! :D

jacknife737
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the update Dexter!

Also I love the line you posted, sounds like it has an Americana influence.

RonWelty
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I HOPE that this album don´t let me down like "new maps from hell" . the new of bad religion..

Jojan
06-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I HOPE that they will say fuck in this album.

ZagmenO
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanx again for the journal, Dex. Keep 'em comin'!!!

ZagmenO
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM

Amen .

MasoN
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
yay, finally some news, its good to know that they are still alive and actually trying to finish the record soon, so in 3 month we should be listening to a kick ass album!!! :D

Moose
06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
"Though I try to break free
The cycle breaks me
Am I ever gonna see the light?"

everything but 'am i ever gonna see the light?'

how about: am i ever gonna face my plight

...or something along those lines, just because it seems like something your dealing with (though i try to break free, the cycle breaks me) rather than something your discovering or realizing...it seems like you have already discovered the problem, youre just having a problem dealing with it or solving it or beating it.

Ninty Man
06-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I HOPE that this album don´t let me down like "new maps from hell" . the new of bad religion..

Are you kidding???

And men... I'm excited

zacsta
06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
kewl, at least we know know the recording should be finished within the next couple of months.
as he's been hinting before and again now, it sounds like its gonna be a powerful, energetic album.

endlesst0m
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
as he's been hinting before and again now, it sounds like its gonna be a powerful, energetic album.

I don't really know if I trust shit like that to be accurate, about how an upcoming album is going to sound. I remember Splinter was supposed to sound more like Ignition and thier older stuff. That was fucking a million miles away from being true.

nameless
06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
its good to have an update, still would have been nice for them to clear up some other topics though!

dexandnoodles
06-12-2007, 07:38 PM
you know they will dude..they always do.

leo3375
06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Once again, I appreciate the update. I hope we get to see some photos or video from the studio soon.

Offspringinsane
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM
hell yeah! dexter is teasing us to much hahaha nah!
take your time dex and offspring in general. and i do hope
you guys don't let us down plz. you guys are awesome
and i love the offspring a million times more than any other
band because of their originality. well, i'll wait patiently for
this album to be done.... i like the lines so far. very offspring
stylee. can't wait till that album is out and four the tour.
love you Dexter. muahhhhhh hugs man!

NotTheOne_NL
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same!

F@ BANKZ
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
"When will we finish recording the album, I have a feeling it'll be a long time"

Iamstupid
06-13-2007, 01:08 AM
"What do you think of this line?

The cycle breaks me

That is just teasing you I know"

It sounds fucking great to me ! :cool: Especially the two first lines, they sound very good.
Very cool to have some news from The Offspring !
Thanks a lot for the update Dexter, you're a nice guy.
Take your time for the album (but don't take too much time because you'll must name the album "chinese democracy" if it takes too long)

"When will we finish recording the album, I have a feeling it'll be a long time"

Lol :D

RonWelty
06-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Are you kidding???

And men... I'm excited
i didn´t like on my first aproach....

Offspring-Junkie
06-13-2007, 02:09 AM
The cycle breaks me

not bad....but to read a song is way different, than to listen to it! It's the vocals, that make the difference, not just the lyrics.

gijserman
06-13-2007, 03:41 AM
I can tell you though, the couple songs we just finished sound like a friggin‘ freight train…

I like this part, it's giving me goose bumps

zacsta
06-13-2007, 03:52 AM
you know they will dude..they always do.

1: shes not a dude, and 2: they didnt say fuck in co1

Grabbal
06-13-2007, 03:56 AM

WebDudette
06-13-2007, 03:59 AM
'Huck It' hardly counts it's only on certain copies of Co1.

Grabbal
06-13-2007, 04:01 AM

SaiKYoU
06-13-2007, 05:05 AM
i know that are just 3 lines but, it's something like "americana+splinter" mix...

HeadAroundU
06-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Definitely, something like from the last 3 albums. Either something clever like 'Special delivery', 'Original prankster' or something dark like 'Lightning rod'...god and dexter knows...we will hear...

As for the release date, I have no idea anymore, I would rather be prepared for November. :D Doesn't matter, either it leaks or we will have the new single long before the release date...maybe...

yeah, we want pixxxxxx! Gel up your spiky hair and make some photowhoring...

H1T_That
06-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Looks promising.

Camilamazed
06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I hope that Takes a long time is just a journal title. We already have Takes me nowhere...

I guess the album is already finished but the guys are too damn lazy and want to keep their asses at the beach surfing for a little bit more.

:rolleyes:

RageAndLov
06-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Recording Takes a Long Time is maybe a joke-song, a skit like disclaimer and time to relax and all that. i think a skit like Recording Takes a Long Time would be really awsome :D

Iamstupid
06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
lol Recording Takes A Long Time is more journal's title than a song's title :rolleyes:

Mucho Macho
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
"I try to break free"
(sounds a bit like a Queen-revival to me...)
Personaly, I find the lyrics from the journal kinda lame, a bit like 'Long Way Home' or 'Race Against Myself'. Not really bad, but not to the point either.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Those lyrics sound kind of Americana-ish. But hopefully they will indeed be finished recording next month, I need some fresh Offspring before school starts again!

they sound more spinterish, kindof remind me of long way home

dexandnoodles
06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
1: shes not a dude, and 2: they didnt say fuck in co1
ok..1: i call everybody dude 2: i don't care..they say it every other time.

dexandnoodles
06-13-2007, 12:45 PM
"Huck It"

you rock grabbal. and i totally forgot to look at that song.

ZagmenO
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Jojan is, in fact, a dude. :eek:

Facur1
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
uhhhh!!!.... i can't wait to hear that freshy new stuff!!!...
All I wanted to say you just said it guys. I just hope the songs to be more like Mission From God.. you know fast catchly songs with a lot of punk rock style... just like Smash or Americana too!... i just want you to be Offspring!!

Ninty Man
06-13-2007, 02:31 PM
uhhhh!!!.... i can't wait to hear that freshy new stuff!!!...
All I wanted to say you just said it guys. I just hope the songs to be more like Mission From God.. you know fast catchly songs with a lot of punk rock style... just like Smash or Americana too!... i just want you to be Offspring!!

MMM... I don't wanna hear something like Smash or Americana..

drex878
06-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't want to hear anything like past albums. I want to hear a new offspring style that rocks, and stays true to themselves.

GBH2
06-13-2007, 05:39 PM
The cycle breaks me

a million bucks says that about 50 n00bs put this in their signatures

Ryder1234
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
kewl, at least we know know the recording should be finished within the next couple of months.

you know what would suck?, if all this stuff about it going to be awsome is just the same situation as with pass me by etc, that it will be like hit that or somthin, because theres going to be no pass me by on this album, mabey hes joking (i hope to god hes not)

Muttleygirl
06-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Even just those three lines are awesome. Can't wait for the new album. Thanks to Dexter for keeping us updated.

Venom Symbiote
06-13-2007, 09:38 PM
And men... I'm excited

*laughs* Bwahahaha. Oh, Speedy. You're too hilarious, man.

But this journal is pretty sweet, if a little vague and non-specific (as usual). The lyrics seem...okay. Okay, not bad but not like amazing either.

Living in Chaos
06-13-2007, 11:16 PM
The cycle breaks me

a million bucks says that about 50 n00bs put this in their signatures

Haha.

Anyway, the new updates are good, looking forward to the new album. However, those lyrics, combined with the song title "Takes Me Nowhere" gives me a "Race Againt Myself" impression.

Iamstupid
06-14-2007, 03:14 AM
This is not a joke!

I dreamt about buying the album last night, but it sucked!
It was last the early the earliest Sum 41 album with some 2 or 3 good song and lots of joke guitar filler stuff.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

XD...You're funny Grabbal.

Gayman
06-14-2007, 06:50 AM
*laughs* Bwahahaha. Oh, Speedy. You're too hilarious, man.

But this journal is pretty sweet, if a little vague and non-specific (as usual). The lyrics seem...okay. Okay, not bad but not like amazing either.

This is the first post in a long time where I see you not saying anything bad about anyone :o

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
06-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Looks good, I just hope there are many songs that have that good old energy, like the most songs on smash... Lets hope for the best

Jack-UK
06-14-2007, 10:23 AM
You're a teasing bastard Dexter :P

Peedr
06-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for new journal. It's not so much but any news are great! I think the lyrics mention in the post are form the song Takes Me Nowhere. It makes sense.

Ryder1234
06-20-2007, 08:15 PM
This is not a joke!

It was like the earliest Sum 41 album with 2 or 3 good song and lots of joke guitar filler stuff.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

i had a dream where i went in a record store and there were promos of the new record not even in cases, but it rocked once i listened to it, maybey since your dream was bad and mine good the record will be = , but hopefully not, hopefully it kicks

RODNEYMULLEN
06-20-2007, 10:57 PM
This is not a joke!

It was like the earliest Sum 41 album with 2 or 3 good song and lots of joke guitar filler stuff.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

That is my worst fear, Wouldn't it suck if the whole album sucked. But i guess that is not possible, so i don't have to worry about that. And also the first sum 41 album kicked ass.

ZagmenO
06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
I dreamed that I got to meet Dex in person, and I got to see the Offspring in concert. The only song I remember from that was Beheaded '99. Then, I got to watch as they were working on another DVD.

I hope the DVD part comes true. ;);)

F@ BANKZ
06-23-2007, 10:39 AM
I dreamed I met Dexter and that he was the biggest dick ever and bullied Noodles, then I woke up and laughed.

DefaultNinja
06-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Wander what this lyric sounds like when in a song.

I had a dream that the album was announced to be released Late Sept/Early Oct and someone had posted a song from it. :rolleyes:

offspringing
06-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Well I had this dream that i met them all and got to go on stage and sing a part of staring at the sun.. oh wait that wasn't a dream lol. But anyway my local radio station keeps talking about the offspring and they said that the album was going to come out late summer early spring. I'm hopeing thats true.

dexandnoodles
06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
dude..early spring would be next year. fall comes after summer.

ZagmenO
06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
All you guys who's radio stations give updates on what's going on with a band's progress are lucky. I get two rock stations, and they don't announce anything until it's frikkin finished. And even that's a rare treat.

offspringing
06-23-2007, 08:10 PM
sorry i didnt mean to write spring i ment to write fall