PDA

View Full Version : im in ur head, fucking with ur brainwaves.

Jakebert
06-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Check it out. (http://www.i-doser.com/)

According to some people that tried it on another board I'm on, it works. But my connection is slow and I don't feel like downloading stuff. Try the samples and tell me if you think it works.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I looked at the site but I'm not sure I wanna download it. I've sort of been curious about neurofeedback and things like that. This is the first time I've ever heard of a web-based thing like this though. Most of the shit I've heard of involves going to a shrink's office and playing little video game things.

I might check it out if some other guinea pig does first. I spent this morning ridding my computer of spyware and I don't feel like downloading anything now. The reviews on download.com didn't look so hot either.

Jakebert
06-16-2007, 12:09 PM
That's kind of what I'm doing..waiting until a few people on here try it out first. The reaction on the other board was mostly positive, but I trust this board a little more because I've been here longer.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Did you find anything saying whether you could condition your brain to a specific mood, and which kinds of moods? I didn't see anything specific on that site. I'm just hoping it can help with my ADD:( .

Lodat225
06-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I like the samples. Too bad they dont do anything.

Jakebert
06-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Did you find anything saying whether you could condition your brain to a specific mood, and which kinds of moods? I didn't see anything specific on that site. I'm just hoping it can help with my ADD:( .

Most of them are just basically drug-themed, I think. Some people on the other board uploaded some files from it. I don't know if they're just the samples or what, but here they are:

Nitrious (http://www.sendspace.com/file/nwbox4)

Ecstasy (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ygezfw)

Heroin (http://www.sendspace.com/file/n7vcfz)

The heroin one is supposed to be the best.

nieh
06-16-2007, 01:09 PM
None of the ones included in the program did anything for me. I'll check out the heroin one though.

Jakebert
06-16-2007, 01:17 PM
One thing that everyone there who tried it mentioned was that you really have to focus on it instead of letting your mind drift.

nieh
06-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I dunno, it seems more like a placebo thing to me.

ZagmenO
06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
It didn't work on me, but then again, I don't have a brain! ;);)

DeAtHsTaR
06-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I've had nitrous in real life....GOOOODD SHIT.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I dunno, it seems more like a placebo thing to me.
I was gonna say the same thing. But if an experienced drug user wanted to volunteer to test that, we could send them the files blindly...

wheelchairman
06-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah this is definitely a placebo thing. Drugs are chemical based. You can get stoned if you have the expectation to get stoned.

Jakebert
06-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I've had nitrous in real life....GOOOODD SHIT.

If nitrious is what I think it is, then just about everyone who's ever been to the dentist has had it too.

As for the placebo thing: I figured that it was, but I was hoping it wasn't. I really wish I wasn't on dial up so I could try it.

Llamas
06-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Sure drugs are chemical... but often times non-chemical things can invoke similar reactions in the human brain. They surely won't be exactly the same response, but there are definitely similarities.

I'd check it out but I've got that stupid transfer limit... not worth wasting it on something that might suck. :P

wheelchairman
06-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Sure drugs are chemical... but often times non-chemical things can invoke similar reactions in the human brain. They surely won't be exactly the same response, but there are definitely similarities.

Yeah sure, staying awake for 4 days can do it too. A computer program, probably not.

sKratch
06-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Why do you say that? Regardless of whether or not it legitimately works, it might cause some people to feel some sort of effect which is similar to drug-like effects. It's pretty easy to convince yourself you feel stoned.

wheelchairman
06-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Convincing yourself goes under the placebo effect we are talking about. If people want to do that they can certainly go for it. It's not we're discussing whether or not it can get you stoned.

All About Eve
06-16-2007, 05:12 PM
It's like that thing that if you hold a gun near a guy's head that has a blank in it, but he doesn't know it's a blank, and you fire, he dies because he thinks he's been shot in the head. Pretty interesting stuff.

wheelchairman
06-16-2007, 05:31 PM
It's like that thing that if you hold a gun near a guy's head that has a blank in it, but he doesn't know it's a blank, and you fire, he dies because he thinks he's been shot in the head. Pretty interesting stuff.

You got something to back this up with? Cause that would be awesome.

All About Eve
06-16-2007, 07:08 PM
You got something to back this up with? Cause that would be awesome.
No, but I think it was Mike/Coke that told me about it. I don't know where I would find it, though.

Lodat225
06-16-2007, 08:20 PM
He probably died of shock.

MrJoe
06-17-2007, 02:39 AM

If that really works then thats the perfect way to 'get rid' of someone.

WebDudette
06-17-2007, 06:42 AM
How am I supposed to listen to this? I checked out a couple of pages but just skimmed them. Do I listen intently or can I go about my business while I listen to it?

MrJoe
06-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Headphones. Somewhere you can be focused I guess. I download the program with everything, via Torrent.

RickyCrack
06-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I tried heroin for about 8 minutes when i first heard about it, but nothing happened. Then i tried opium a few hours ago and sat through the whole thing and it kinda worked but i wasn't too focused. If you could link LSD i'm interested what that would do.

MrJoe
06-19-2007, 04:19 AM
So I tried the Ecstacy one. And it worked. Freaked the hell out of me at first though.