PDA

View Full Version : My personal thanks to Dexter!!!

Oleg Dorofeev
06-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Dear Dexter, Noodles & Greg!
I really have been trying to find the way to contact you personally, but it still seems impossible, that's why I am writing in this forum.
PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU "THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!"
The point is that you music and lyrics formed my attidute to life, created my perception of things around me! I started listening to your music in 2000 (a friend of mine borrowed me a tape with "Americana" album) and then it all started... I began listening to you, guys, every day and did everything I could to find your lirycs in Internet (I remember lirycs of ALL your songs still today!!!). That is what always brings me to life and helps me understand the "BEST THINGS IN LIFE", I would say "the true things in life".
Well, nowadays I work as a prosperous lawyer in an international company, but I got my own band and I am addicted to music! No, we do not play punk-rock, but we try to keep in our music and lyrics the main ideas that YOU GUYS have presented to me 7 years ago.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Oleg Dorofeev,
Ukraine, Kiev.

drf_oleg@mail.ru

skiddles824
06-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I really have been trying to find the way to contact you personally, but it still seems impossible, that's why I am writing in this forum.
The point is that you music and lyrics formed my attidute to life, created my perception of things around me! I started listening to your music in 2000 (a friend of mine borrowed me a tape with "Americana" album) and then it all started... I began listening to you, guys, every day and did everything I could to find your lirycs in Internet (I remember lirycs of ALL your songs still today!!!). That is what always brings me to life and helps me understand the "BEST THINGS IN LIFE", I would say "the true things in life".
Well, nowadays I work as a prosperous lawyer in an international company, but I got my own band and I am addicted to music! No, we do not play punk-rock, but we try to keep in our music and lyrics the main ideas that YOU GUYS have presented to me 7 years ago.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

much music should do a music is my life on you.....

patoff10
06-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I also want to thank Dexter, I've just finished to see him on TV now, and his role in the TV serie is simply amazing :D Now I can understand why he wrote "Beheaded" ^^

drex878
06-16-2007, 08:01 PM
my personal thanks to greg k who inspried me to play the bass.

F@ BANKZ
06-17-2007, 02:15 AM

Ron? Atom? Higgins (lol)?
Seriously, I guess I'll thank the band for getting me into music generally.

Marco
06-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Official thank-you Offspring thread! :rolleyes::D

Iamstupid
06-17-2007, 09:37 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Oleg Dorofeev,
Ukraine, Kiev.

drf_oleg@mail.ru

You should try this :

Where can I write to the band?
The Offspring
P.O. Box 3479
Huntington Beach, CA 926053479
U.S.A.

bhg_rulz2
06-17-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah, thanks Dexter, Greg, Noodles, Atom, Higgins...You have played a big part of my life, your music is inspiring, your lyrics are so awesome, cant wait to see The Offspring live here in Mexico. Thanks The Offspring.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh so you wanna do it the hard way and delete my post? :mad:

Fine. I thank Offspring for always being my favourite band and nobody has ever topped them. And for playing this amazing live show of Self Esteem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs :)

Little_Miss_1565
06-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh so you wanna do it the hard way and delete my post? :mad:

It looked off-topic, I deleted it. That's my job, after all. Don't act like you were singled out--I deleted a lot of posts.

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Ha! "Do it the hard way". What a dick.

RoxnRollBassist
06-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Well while we are thanking the offspring i will thank em, in kind of a diffrent way. Their energetic music has helped me to loose about 50 pounds! every time i work out i listen to the offspring, and they get me so pumped, and I always work out longer just so i can listen to their music longer. Also their music has helped me get into punk rock. Offspring was one of the first bands i ever liked, and before then i never even really cared for music. They inspired me to play guitar and bass so thanks!

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-18-2007, 01:08 AM
It looked off-topic, I deleted it. That's my job, after all. Don't act like you were singled out--I deleted a lot of posts.

Ha! "Do it the hard way". What a dick.

It was sarcasm. Maybe a little hard to notice over a forum though.

defyuk
06-18-2007, 04:32 AM
I'd like to thank the offspring for getting me into music. before i heard pretty fly i wasn't into music at all. they inspired me to start playing the guitar and to go to my first festival too (leeds 2005). so thanks you guys! :)

KyleW
06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank you to the offspring for getting me into real music.

Before I was a fan of you guys I listened to dance and rave music. :eek: :eek: :eek: As soon as I heard Hit That it instanlty became my favourite song so I got hold of some more stuff by you and listened to it and loved it! This is obviously going to be different for everyone but I like the way that certain songs trigger memories everytime I hear them (I wont go into detail)

So, yeah, thanks guys, I owe you a lot and I'm definately coming to a show when you next tour!

Your Faithful Follower
DexterHollandIsGod :D

Offspring-Junkie
06-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Thank you to the offspring for getting me into real music.

Before I was a fan of you guys I listened to dance and rave music. :eek: :eek: :eek:
The Offspring saved your life, dude! Rave and Dance?*shiver*

JohnnyNemesis
06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
lol yea, i kno rite? who wan 2 listen 2 muzik dat help u hav a gud time when u can b tru punx!!! n h8 ur dad insted?>!>@/!>!?!