PDA

View Full Version : Please Read This Dexter (Or anyone else in the band)

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Ok, Dirty Magic was on ignition. You said that you made a new version of it, because everyone has already heard dirty magic, what harm will it be if you let us hear the new one. I know i should wait but i just want something to hold me off untill the new album comes out. I'm begging you, I listen to atleast one album a day and i really would like to hear some new stuff. So please will you release it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? I know you probly won't release a new song, but you might release the new dirty magic so please please release it. Do it for all of the fans.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Ok, Dirty Magic was on ignition. You said that you made a new version of it, because everyone has already heard dirty magic, what harm will it be if you let us hear the new one. I know i should wait but i just want something to hold me off untill the new album comes out. I'm begging you, I listen to atleast one album a day and i really would like to hear some new stuff. So please will you release it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? I know you probly won't release a new song, but you might release the new dirty magic so please please release it. Do it for all of the fans.

Your post is really annoying, so please will you shut up pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

They will release it when they're ready, nagging won't do jack.

DexterWannabe
06-18-2007, 02:22 AM
They will release it when they're ready, nagging won't do jack.

what he said....

Biggest offspring fan
06-18-2007, 05:42 AM

Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
02/07/06

Well, I guess that‘s it for now. Oh yeah, did I tell you guys that we re-recorded Dirty Magic last year?

Dexter.

02/15/06

The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums. That song is kind of special to us because it‘s one of those requests we always get from our most hardcore fans. Unfortunately, most people don‘t know the song, cause most people don‘t know our music from before Smash. We always thought that it was a good song, but that we could do a better job recording it now than we could back then. So we did it, and Atom played on it. It sounds great. I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…

05/11/07

Hey, I‘ve read a few things out there where it has been suggested that some of the songs on our new record might be older material, like outtakes or re-recordings of old songs.

So I just wanted to let you know that the songs we‘ve recorded for our upcoming CD are all completely new. We‘re not putting any songs on the new record that were previously recorded. That would be cheating, wouldn‘t it?

F@ BANKZ
06-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Maybe he'll put it online since he isn't going to put it onto the album, or maybe he's just keeping it for himself even though we have been really really nice.

Iamstupid
06-18-2007, 06:21 AM
All has been said in this thread.

The Offspring will give us the new re-recorded version of Dirty Magic when they'll want. Be patient.

F@ BANKZ
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
The Offspring will give us the new re-recorded version of Dirty Magic when they'll want. Be patient.

Or won't =P

malibu43
06-18-2007, 08:43 AM

You need to find something else to live for other than listening to Offspring.

ZagmenO
06-18-2007, 10:02 AM
You can hear this redone Dirty Magic song on the Greatest Hits dual disc.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
no you can't, thats the fucking acoustic

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
And you guys should be supporting this if you wanna hear it, and if you don't wanna hear it you don't belong on this site.

KyleW
06-18-2007, 11:07 AM
hi, i would love to hear the new dirty magic so i support :)

but out of curiosity, what chance is there that dex or anyont else in the band will actually read this.

DefaultNinja
06-18-2007, 11:17 AM
I wanna hear it too, guess we'll just have to wait for it and the new album.. I've got Bad Religion and NOFX to keep me going 'til then though.

BustedKnuckles
06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
And you guys should be supporting this if you wanna hear it, and if you don't wanna hear it you don't belong on this site.

You sir, are an idiot.

Little_Miss_1565
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM

Wrong, wrong, wrong. All anyone is saying here is that the band will release it when they want us to hear it. Of course we want to hear it. Chill the hell out. No one likes a zealot.

but out of curiosity, what chance is there that dex or anyont else in the band will actually read this.

Who knows--we know Dexter at least checks the boards since he's said so in the journal, but we don't know how much.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2007, 11:41 AM
hi, i would love to hear the new dirty magic so i support :)

05/11/07

Hey, I‘ve read a few things out there where it has been suggested that some of the songs on our new record might be older material, like outtakes or re-recordings of old songs.

So I just wanted to let you know that the songs we‘ve recorded for our upcoming CD are all completely new. We‘re not putting any songs on the new record that were previously recorded. That would be cheating, wouldn‘t it?

That's one of his journals so he must read the boards every once in a while.

SkunkIt
06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't really listen to them much anymore, but I think the new version would ruin the old one. Most redone songs do.

German Andres
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't really listen to them much anymore, but I think the new version would ruin the old one. Most redone songs do.

Yeah normally they do. Look Beheaded...the original one is fucking awesome and the new one is...how to say it, disgusting.
Man I want to hear new songs, not more versions of songs that have been recorded 15 years ago! The acoustic version of Dirty Magic was very good, but I really can`t see the point on recording again the original one. What difference should it make? The acoustic one is interestig because of the change of instruments but honestly I think that recording it again same as in Ignition is pointless and a waste of time.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah normally they do. Look Beheaded...the original one is fucking awesome and the new one is...how to say it, disgusting.
Man I want to hear new songs, not more versions of songs that have been recorded 15 years ago! The acoustic version of Dirty Magic was very good, but I really can`t see the point on recording again the original one. What difference should it make? The acoustic one is interestig because of the change of instruments but honestly I think that recording it again same as in Ignition is pointless and a waste of time.

The new beheaded sounds exactly like the old one, the guitar sounds a little bit different but thats it.

Iamstupid
06-19-2007, 05:54 AM
The Offspring will give us the new re-recorded version of Dirty Magic when they'll want.

Or won't =P

Lol you're right :D They maybe won't give us ;)

Oh please, don't be so stupid. We all want to hear it. And I don't want to bother the band. They're the only ones to decide what they want to do with it and if you don't understand that "you don't belong on this site".
And I personally don't think that The Offspring need this thread to know if, yes or not, we wanna hear the new version of Dirty Magic. They probably know the answer. So, again, the guys are gonna give us the version when they'll want to.
Or they won't :p .

RODNEYMULLEN
06-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Allright if they won't release the new dirty magic then will they at least put a video on thier site, like behind the senes and shit kindof like what bad religion did here
http://www.epitaph.com/videos/player/986

Steve-O
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM

I'ts pretty funny how people will try anything to get in contact with someone from a band or a famous person. Its really pathetic seeing this, especially because this thread is annoying and no one from the offspring should read this.(sorry Rodney)

Iamstupid
06-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Allright if they won't release the new dirty magic then will they at least put a video on thier site, like behind the senes and shit kindof like what bad religion did here
http://www.epitaph.com/videos/player/986

Hey they maybe will release the new Dirty Magic, stay positive.
I think that, if they do a "behind the scene" video, it'll get more chances to be on the new album than on the website. I mean, look at Splinter, with the video of Higgins in the Studio. Maybe they'll give us some pictures, in the same way as Defy You photos. But I don't think so. I'm just waiting for the new album and that's enough fro me.
Anyways, thanks for the link to the Bad Religion's video ;) .

Jack-UK
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Mmm new dirty magic recording...

I've been a good boy this year... so maybe there is hope yet? :P

Iamstupid
06-20-2007, 02:33 PM
We should ask Santa Claus, maybe.