PDA

View Full Version : Fair To Midland

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I've quite recently gotten into this band; I love their unique sound. I have ordered their latest album, Fables From a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times is True. But for now all I have to listen to and assess their style is the four songs on their website (fairtomidland.com) and Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/fairtomidland). I really like, Dance of the Manatee, it is a pretty cool song with some very interesting lyrics and riffs. I discovered this band looking on Serjical Strike Record's Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/serjicalstrikerecords); I was interested in looking at what Serj Tankian of System of a Down was producing. So I fell in love with this band, I don't know about the rest of you, but give them a try they’re pretty good.

H1T_That
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM
They played download festival the other weekend. I didn't bother to check them out though. Mainly due to the fact Lamb Of God were on at the same time on another stage.

adombomb222
06-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Well Lamb of God is something you don't pass off, I wouldn't have either, I would have gone to Lamb of God's stage.

H1T_That
06-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I actually listened to one of thier songs on myspace beforehand, and though "yeah, not too bad". I then checked the stage times and it had to be Lamb Of God. I don't remember the name of the song i heard. It wasn't very memorable though.

adombomb222
07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Well I have had this album for almost a week now, and I have to say, I really like it. This album is really great; there is not much to complain about. Fair To Midland have done an amazing job on this album, I find that this is a very intelligent album with cunning thought provocative lyrics, which follow very fluently with ease. Also the instrumental genius is pronounced in almost every song, with great transitions of rock to metal to melodic and powerful choruses. And to accompany this musical masterpiece are the cutting, equally amazing, vocals of Darroh Sudderth, lead singer, who has the ability to change from an alternative rock vocal to classic rock and then into a menacing growl of metal-core vocals. However it is the truly fundamental achievement that this band has to change from these various types of music on the flip of a switch. Truly amazing.

H1T_That
07-06-2007, 04:29 AM
which follow very fluently without ease.
Fluently without ease?

adombomb222
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
=P Thank you, wheelchairman.