PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin Re-unite.

H1T_That
06-26-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/led_zeppelin_reuniting_for_a_show.html

I'm not a fan personally. Just thought i'd let everyone in on the news. Apparently Bonham's son Jason is gonna fill in for his late father.

mrconeman
06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Un-likely. But it'd be cool.

Although none of the Zep reunions has been quite as satisfying, Page & Plant was good, so there is potential.

Plant still has his voice anyway, I've seen a few recent live videos, it's not like as it was, but it's still good. I'm not sure of how well Page is playing these days, but I can't see it being much worse than it's been in the past, on the reunion tours.

All About Eve
06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I heard about that on the radio. I don't know how good JOSH Bonham is; they said he'd be on it. I haven't read the article yet.

nieh
06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't know how good JOSH Bonham is; they said he'd be on it.

I've never heard him myself but rumor has it he's really good. I love how in the comments people seemed disappointed that rumors of Dave Grohl drumming weren't true.

Thomas
06-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I will be incredibly pissed off if Dave Grohl drums for Led Zeppelin. He's no John Bonham.

mrconeman
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Dave Ghrol can piss off.
Yes, John Bonham's son has filled in for Zeppelin before, hes very good. His style is essentially just like his dads, he was a massive Zeppelin fan growing up, and knew all of thier songs since he was young, so he's easily the closest thing they'll ever get to John.

Thomas
06-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Dave Ghrol can piss off.
Yes, John Bonham's son has filled in for Zeppelin before, hes very good. His style is essentially just like his dads, he was a massive Zeppelin fan growing up, and knew all of thier songs since he was young, so he's easily the closest thing they'll ever get to John.

I've heard a little bit of Jason Bonham's drumming with old reunion show before, and he sounded pretty good. I just wish he used the same kit as his dad because otherwise it doesn't sound right.

H1T_That
06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Is it Jason or Josh?

Link says Jason, people here are saying Josh....

Jakebert
06-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Jason.

I've never really heard him play, but I do like that they're using John's son instead of just picking some studio musician like most bands do. I think it's more respectful.

Andy
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes it's Jason. And they're definately re-uniting for a one-off gig for their old Record Company boss, I read so in the Birmingham Post. It's still to be decided if they do the tour, but the release said that "As long as they don't fall out" it'll be go. Considering they'd be making reportedly 300m if they do, I'm pretty confident it'll go ahead.

Plant may look 1,000 years old, Jimmy Page may look like an old Chinese man and, hey, no John Bonham, I can't wait. Don't care about prices, I'm fucking going.

Thomas
06-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Jason.

I've never really heard him play, but I do like that they're using John's son instead of just picking some studio musician like most bands do. I think it's more respectful.

I couldn't agree more. Besides, Jason Bonham isn't that bad of a drummer either.

mrconeman
06-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Plant may look 1,000 years old, Jimmy Page may look like an old Chinese man and, hey, no John Bonham, I can't wait. Don't care about prices, I'm fucking going.
My sentiments exactly. If they come anywhere near me that is.
And yes...Plant does look like a Baked Potato that kind of sunk inward these days.

coke_a_holic
07-10-2007, 01:23 AM
I didn't want to make my own thread for this, but this shit is crazy.

Led Zeppelin stole the majority of their early songs, including Dazed And Confused, Stairway To Heaven, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, etc. Almost all of LZI was a rip-off, and a few others were obviously rip-offs and were already uncovered.

http://www.dogmaticblog.com/mp3/led_zep.mp3

SkunkIt
07-10-2007, 03:29 AM
I hate when bands reunite when band members are dead, it just ruins the band.

Actually, I don't like most bands that reunite, unless they still have musical talent and get away with what the did originally while having all the same band members as before, but that's very rarely and usally if it works, it's because they were temporarily disbanded.

IAmARevenant
07-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I'd love to go, but ticket prices will probably be huge.