PDA

View Full Version : It's nice to see something like this said...

sKratch
06-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Better late than never...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18831132/

Rag Doll
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I love Keith Olbermann. He doesn't cater to either party and just rips all of them equally.

nieh
06-27-2007, 05:15 AM
According to the site that clip was from like a month ago. Still awesome though.

adombomb222
06-27-2007, 05:59 AM
I love how Congress pushed for a timeline and then they were like fuck it.

sKratch
06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
He's completely right though... in failing to do what the American people wanted done, the party is fucking itself. I feel like there was finally a time coming where people would vote because there was something they cared about. But the politicians proved once again that it doesn't matter who you vote for, shit doesn't change.

ps anyone see anne coulter on hardball yesterday? lawlzlz.

Rag Doll
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
too bad elizabeth edwards couldnt reach through the phone line and politely smack a bitch.

Mota Boy
07-01-2007, 03:50 PM
He's completely right though... in failing to do what the American people wanted done, the party is fucking itself. I feel like there was finally a time coming where people would vote because there was something they cared about. But the politicians proved once again that it doesn't matter who you vote for, shit doesn't change.
Honestly? I don't know exactly how much I think wars should be democratically decided. In 1863, prior to Union victories in Atlanta and Virginia, the majority of the public in the North was willing to surrender at any cost. The public is far too fickle to decide at which point they've grown tired of a war, especially because it's not as if we can change our minds again after pulling out of Iraq and go back in.

Also, I think that there is room for a strong case to be made in favor of staying in Iraq, divorced from the disturbingly fascist conservative mantras of "supporting the troops" and the President at any cost and the absurd notion that we're fighting the war over there so as not to fight it at home on one hand, and the Democratic cry for withdrawal on the other. I think that it's shameful how the Democratic leadership has swung from supporting the war without debate to supporting withdrawal without debate. I've been planning on writing an essay about it for a while, maybe I'll get around to it this week.

Omni
07-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Although I don't know much about politics, I'd like to read that if you get around to it. I enjoyed this story, and I like learning about this kind of stuff. Hopefully I'll one day be able to put forth my own debate, rather than regurgitate shit from Fahrenheit 9/11 like most of the politically challenged people do. My ignorance really gets to me sometimes :mad:

sKratch
07-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Rather than make fun of you I'll say hey, that's a step in the right direction.

Omni
07-01-2007, 10:41 PM
It's the truth, and I don't think it's shameful to admit you're ignorant in a particular field and want to increase your knowledge. You can't tell me you don't get old of the migraine-bringing ramblings of an idiot who doesn't have the least idea what he's talking about. And that's for anything, not just politics.

wheelchairman
07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Because of it's timing this article reads more like behind-the-scenes-political-maneuvering than anything else. Which is annoying.

I mean while everything is wrong with the democrats, many of the shortcomings outlined seem to apply better to the other party.

But yeah I guess it's an alright article. I just get the feeling that we're being manipulated when we read it, I mean more so. Blaming the democrats for failing to end the war?

sKratch
07-02-2007, 09:05 AM
The point is that they campaigned for ending the war, and then did nothing.