PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown

F@ BANKZ
06-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Gordon Brown was made Prime Minister of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland earlier today after Tony Blair handed in his resignation. Previously Brown was the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Opinions on his previous role have been mainly favourable, although it is thought by some that the economy he established is suited for the short-term, which may cause him problems as the PM or/and attract general criticism as his career progresses.

Earlier today a poll attracting 15,000 voters was set up, over 50% of these voted that Brown would be a disaster as PM with around 25% each for the unsure/"He'll be great" response. Reasons for these negative opinions are at unclear, perhaps it is just frustration that he was not voted in by the public, or a reaction to the media's portrayal of Brown being a boring and humourless character. Either way, he is now Prime Minister and will no doubt try to change these views in one way or another as his first term in office continues.

So... Is Gordon Brown going to be great, or a disaster? Discuss.

mrconeman
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
He has an awesome speech impediment.

wheelchairman
06-27-2007, 01:33 PM
So... Discuss.

Discuss what? What were you thinking?

If you want to start a debate, at least open up with a presentation and then ask a question. Have a goal and put the discussion in that direction. Because when I read this, my first reaction is

"lol...brown."

nieh
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I misread the topic as "golden brown".

Eccentric Sara
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
I have no opinion whatsoever on Gordon Brown,just like I had no opinion on Tony Blair,seeing as I have next to no knowledge/understanding of politics.The first thing Brown should do is make kids learn basic politics at school.Then they might have a vague clue about who they're voting for and why.Education in the U.K. sucks,or at least it did when I was at school.:mad:

killer_queen
06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Mmmm, now I want some gordon's dry gin.

HeadAroundU
06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Take a couple of shots. I want to see prophet Gulsah on the BBS. :)

mrconeman
06-28-2007, 07:12 AM
I misread the topic as "golden brown".

This won my whole life.

Paint_It_Black
06-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Brown being a boring and humourless character.

Sounds like perfect qualities in a man representing the British people.

Autonomist
06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Well he certainly showed Time Trumpet.

Andy
06-28-2007, 03:33 PM
He has an awesome speech impediment.

Did you see his press statement after he was ordained? I think someone's said to him that that ridiculous breath intake looks stupid, so he's started to try and cut it out. After every line, he closes his mouth instead; and it looks so pained and forced it's almost as hilarious as it's predecessor.

Bazza
06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
I was more happy that our local Conservative MP defected to the Labour party. The Stamford and Grantham district is a Tory stronghold so it's extremely lol worthy that there's a load of pissed off snobs demanding for a by-election!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Urgh, and so it begins. Brown begins his reign with a big ol' speech about immigration, and how British folk should have British jobs, and British is great and British British British. The message? "Tony only used knee-jerk solutions in some situations. Me? I'll use a knee-jerk solution in ALL of em!"

Bazza
07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
To be honest as long as the country appears to be working well enough for me then I couldn't care less whether Gordon Brown is PM. With Tony it was a figure who was good with the public, Gordon seems a bit cold, but he's got a level(-ish?) head.

Paint_It_Black
07-02-2007, 03:26 AM
I haven't been following this at all. What important stuff, if any, is likely to change now?

DefaultNinja
07-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Parliament is too prissy to deal with anything that really affects the general population and/or the Earth we live on. Brown'll probably pass some legislations and policies that do nothing for anyone. It's never going to be right, because Parliament don't know how to fix things, but they do know how to gloss things over..