PDA

View Full Version : Original Intention

Harnum
06-27-2007, 07:39 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky4SF5QG8pY) is my band at a band practice. Well, 3 quarters of my band. Rhythm guitarist wasn't there. This is a video of Smells Like Teen Spirit we put together. I know, it's flowing with originality. Teenage band covering Nirvana, we're great! Anyway, give me your feedback and comments! Thanks!

adombomb222
06-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Fun... Thatís what the bands I join need to do... cover established bands' songs before we try to write our own stuff. I consider my friends stupid and I also believe that some of the people Iíve played with in the past just picked up the instrument because they believe they were cool.

splinter_head
06-27-2007, 11:15 PM
hey guys, great cover, do u have any more stuff, if u do, let me know,

and by the way, check out our Milk It cover at www.youtube.com/punkassnoodles

Harnum
06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Atom, you're right. Bands need to have a lot of fun while playing. I am the bassist. Note the flying music stand! =] It's a great laugh to play these songs. It wasn't a great cover, but all in all it was fun.

Oh, and Splinter_Head. Move around. You all look dead. =\

splinter_head
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
yea dude, I'm all for moving around and rocking out while playing but you can't over do it, oh and It's kinda hard to go moving everywhere when i hav to come back to the mic and sing, so yea...

Harnum
06-30-2007, 01:03 PM
But man, the rest of your band can still move around.

splinter_head
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
yea well i guess the bassist could move around more but it'll be kinda hard for the drummer, i dont know, maybe the fact that hes sitting down and has to keep the beat

mrconeman
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
You reminded me of flea jumping around like that.
Pretty good cover, I guess that song is just one of those songs all bands have to attempt at some point these days. But yes, alot of covers of this song are complete butchery (even though its easy to play) but you folk did it well.

H1T_That
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
At a real gig you would be fucked after the first song.You need to calm down a bit and stop immitating a frog.

Harnum
07-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Did you read the description? We were just having a laugh waiting for our other guitarist. That's why I was jumping around like I was hyped up on speed. 'Twas nothing serious.

H1T_That
07-06-2007, 05:22 AM
So you were messing on and not playing to your full potential, and then decided to sell your band using the video?

Dumb.

Harnum
07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I posted it on YouTube for some or my friends to see. It was just for the fun of it. I wasn't trying to "sell" my band to anyone. I decided to bring it here for others to look at too. Jesus, don't get so critical.

adombomb222
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I like this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt9IHdvjm_w). Thats a good idea, I'll have to rige something like that up and do some, yes?

H1T_That
07-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Anyway, give me your feedback and comments! Thanks!

Jesus, don't get so critical.

Hypocritical much?

Harnum
07-07-2007, 04:08 PM
No, not hypocritical. I said it wasn't serious and you still said "you should focus on not hopping around like a frog so much." It is a comment, but terribly pointless. If I said, "this is a totally serious video" and then we were jumping around like morons, then I'd expect a comment like that.

Harnum
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM
*bump*

MySpace! (www.myspace.com/originalintentionnl)