PDA

View Full Version : My Band in the Skratch Compilation

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Hey guys!
My band will be appearing in a Skratch Magazine compilation that will be handed out at eight Warped Tour stops on the East Coast and in the Midwest... so keep your eyes peeled, and please give us a listen!

If you are local to Orange County, we have two shows coming up:
- July 7th @ Hogue Barmichaels in Newport Beach. $8 presale/ $10 @ door. Show starts @ 5:30

- July 13th @ It's A Grind Coffeehouse in Cypress (across from Cypress College). FREE. Show starts @ 7pm

more info @ www.myspace.com/bdots

SkunkIt
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Was I the only one expecting this thread to be about some compilation that sKratch was making?

Thomas
07-03-2007, 09:20 PM
No, I thought the same.

Good job, though. Congrats.

H1T_That
07-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Damn, I thought this was going to be an awesome mix tape sKratch made.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-06-2007, 10:05 PM
haha i meant the magazine.

to quote george bluth "apologies. apologies all around"

Satanic_Surfer
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Dont wanna sound like the mood ruiner but this makes my ears bleed...

Thomas
07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I just listened to you guys. Not that bad, actually. Vocals definitely need work, but with that and maybe better recording quality, I can see potential.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-11-2007, 10:45 PM
thanks for the feedback from both satanic_surfer and thomas... it is actually appreciated...
as for the recordings, they were rough Rough demos made in Aug '06. Recorded live in a rehearsal studio, where the guy mixing it had to do everything on the fly. Our singer knew his vocals needed work....A LOT of work, and he's actually improved greatly over the past year. We recorded new versions of the songs that we are using on the compilation, and we recently played a live show at hogue barmichaels on newport, those songs are gonna replace the demos on out myspace player...as soon as i get to a computer with a faster connection ( i am a poor soul with dialup. haha)

but again, thanks for the feedback, good and bad.