PDA

View Full Version : john frusciante messing up "under the bridge"

Ryder1234
07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm_j4_JmREo&mode=related&search=

john frusciante playing random stuff that sort of sounds like it. this was a few shows before he left the band, and he didnt care about rhcp at all so apperently, he was "experimenting" according to anthony keidis' autobiography

Llamas
07-06-2007, 05:37 AM
haha. Anthony seems so mad. And John is just like "take that, asshole". But god, Anthony sure can't sing. I prefer to not watch live videos so I can live in denial, haha.

lol at john's backup singing at the end, hahaha. And I love that he's wearing like a sweater and dark baggy clothes, instead of looking like a fag like Anthony and Flea. But wow, you can really tell that Anthony is pissed. After the intro of trying to follow John, he won't look at him for like the rest of the song.

H1T_That
07-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Flea's hair is so lol.

Jebus
07-06-2007, 06:03 PM
When did he fuck up? When he started playing the distorted guitar? I haven't heard the original version in a long time so I don't remember exactly how it goes, but the guitar parts at the end made it so much more awesome than what I remember it being.

Llamas
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
The intro was way different than the original, and he was playing at a very slow and unsteady tempo... you can tell that Anthony was working really hard to get a read on where he was going and to make sure he was with him.

nieh
07-06-2007, 06:20 PM
That doesn't sound any worse than any other live video I've seen of them.

Llamas
07-06-2007, 08:00 PM
It's not supposed to be worse.... the point is that John intentionally played the wrong stuff on the intro and pissed off the band.

All About Eve
07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
He played different progressions than normal the whole time, but they weren't wrong or anything. They were still notes/rythms/etc that matched the song. I think it sounded a lot better with some of the Blues style stuff he was doing.

Edit: Judging by his wailing at the end, he might have been pretty drunk, too.

mrconeman
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
wtf?

am i the only one who thought that looked and sounded o.k? I mean Anthony has never been known to be a great vocalist but I heard nothing wrong with that. john looks at him to let him know hes done extending the intro and to start singing, bands do it all the time with their more popular songs.

i mean maybe i'm just drunk and stupid, but that sounded A o.k to me.

edit: exception of the backing vocals.

All About Eve
07-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Ha, Cone's post is an drunkified version of mine.

nameless
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
its wasnt the best performance ive heard of the song but they got by!