PDA

View Full Version : Street dogs

bouncingcoles
07-06-2007, 06:28 AM
does anyone else like this band? the original dropkick murphys singer sings for them. i first saw them back in 2003 and ever since iv been a huge fan. everyone should check them out.

jacknife737
07-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I love them, Fading American Dream was one of my favorite alums of 2006.

Sunny
07-19-2007, 10:50 AM
ooo. i love them. i saw them live 2 weeks ago or so (they played nyc with the tossers). it was an awesome show except everyone was older than me (25+ i'd say), which was kinda odd. not a bad thing though.

jacknife737
07-19-2008, 12:32 PM
So the Street Dogs are a band that have been progressively getting better with each release, with 2006’s Fading American Dream being one of my favorite records of that year. So naturally I was very excited for their newest release State of Grace, and I was not disappointed. Individual tracks such as "Mean First" (which kicks off the album) are arguably the strongest stuff the band was written to date. However, I’m still not sure if the album as a whole is a better album then Fading American Dream. The album is a probably a “grower” since the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Anyone not familiar with the band, please check them out, they sound like the bastard child of the Dropkick Murphy’s.

Free?
07-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Fading American Dream was in my playlist for a loooong time, love it, but im getting bored with it lately.

jacknife737
07-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Fading American Dream was in my playlist for a loooong time, love it, but im getting bored with it lately.

Then pick up State of Grace. ;)

adombomb222
12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I got into these guys a while ago when they headed a tour The Tossers were on. I've only recently have been really listening to them, I picked up State of Grace and Back To The World. I plan on getting Fading American Dream soon.