PDA

View Full Version : Andrew W.K.

nieh
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Sooo...what exactly is the deal with this guy? How exactly does he have "roots in the noise-rock scene"? Why is he at least two different people? I mean, he went from this:
http://www.luc.edu/orgs/phoenix/images/Nov02/110602/wk2.jpg
to this:
http://gothamist.com/attachments/interview_ben/2006_07_andrew_wk.jpg

There's no way that's the same person. Wikipedia says there's rumors that Andrew W.K. is just a character and they have actors play him, but does anyone know who the person behind it is? Why did I not realize until recently that he was a joke? Seriously, his first album was so stupid it HAD to be that was on purpose, and yet I had to have this pointed out to me.

Rag Doll
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
i know someone that hung out with him at a bar during a Ted Leo show. apparently, he was a cool guy. otherwise, i know nothing about him. interesting though...

Little_Miss_1565
07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
He is the most genuinely nice and awesome and fun-loving dude ever. He has roots in the noise scene through his involvement with To Live And Shave In LA.

nieh
07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
A friend of a friend met him at a bar once and said he was the dirtiest person they ever met. Physically that is, not like a dirty mouth or anything.

I just downloaded his last album because apparently it was only released in Japan for being 'too weird'. Even his voice sounds different to me, but it might just be because he's singing slightly different. Anyway, it IS weirder than his first album, but to call it weird enough to justify not being released in America is just stupid. I haven't listened to I Get Wet in years but despite (or possibly because of) how stupid the album is, I still get ridiculously happy whenever one of the songs pops on somewhere. I actually popped it in a few minutes ago and already part of me wants to get up and run around exploding cans of beer all over myself.

He is the most genuinely nice and awesome and fun-loving dude ever. He has roots in the noise scene through his involvement with To Live And Shave In LA.

Have you met him too? Do you know if it was the 'original' or the newer one? I'll have to check out that band.

edit: Wikipedia says he only joined them in 2003, after he already put out two albums. They're also a Florida band but Pitchfork says "Close Calls[...]lets his roots in the Midwestern noise scene show"

Endymion
07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
he worked with the new TLASILA, after the whole tlasila2 split and then rejoin thingy. i think he had something to do with either wolf eyes or black dice too.

DeAtHsTaR
07-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I love "You Will Remember Tonight"

IAmARevenant
07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I've only heard that "Party Party Party" song he did for Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

-Sheree-
07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't know much about him at all but I just have to say, the change in those two photos is interesting. I do think it's the same person in both from the stance he has and the fact that all facial features are the same...

But the overall look is completely different! He kinda needed it though...there's such thing as just too dirty!

Jakebert
07-09-2007, 01:36 PM

I didn't know he was involved with To Live and Shave in LA. Awesome.

DeAtHsTaR
07-09-2007, 01:40 PM
I've only heard that "Party Party Party" song he did for Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Are you retarded?? That song came out years before ATHF even existed. And it's called "Party Hard."

IAmARevenant
07-12-2007, 04:35 PM
how exactly does that make me retarded? I see you people still love to insult others for simple mistakes.

Excuse me for not knowing every single little thing about some singer. I've only heard one song. You can't expect me to know every single little thing about it.

jeez, I leave for a few months, come back, and see no change when it comes to the behavior of these members.

Little_Miss_1565
07-12-2007, 07:31 PM
how exactly does that make me retarded? I see you people still love to insult others for simple mistakes.

Excuse me for not knowing every single little thing about some singer. I've only heard one song. You can't expect me to know every single little thing about it.

jeez, I leave for a few months, come back, and see no change when it comes to the behavior of these members.

Um, what? Why are you speaking in the plural when it was one person who said anything at all to you? Overdramatize much?

IAmARevenant
07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
oh, because I now know all the shit that the people of this forum have done to me will happen again. I now realize that I was stupid to think that any of them have grown up and stopped being so assholic.

and it's not just one person either.

Little_Miss_1565
07-12-2007, 08:23 PM
oh, because I now know all the shit that the people of this forum have done to me will happen again. I now realize that I was stupid to think that any of them have grown up and stopped being so assholic.

and it's not just one person either.

ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophesy? With an attitude like that, you bet you're going to get shit.

IAmARevenant
07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Do you get beaten down and abused for every little tiny mistake you make?

I've had a really hard day, and I don't want to deal with this bullshit.

0r4ng3
07-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Dude, chill. If you don't want to deal with this, just go on another website or something for now. You're obviously in a bad mood, and you're just making things worse by arguing this.

Jakebert
07-12-2007, 08:53 PM

I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, so don't get rude with me about it, but posts like that are basically the same as asking to get made fun of.

JohnnyNemesis
07-12-2007, 08:55 PM

*sigh* And here I was asking people to give you another chance.

Please heed 0r4ng3's advice. He means well.

Professor Chaos
07-12-2007, 10:06 PM
On a lighter note:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/fgsfds/1184250501162.gif

HeadAroundU
07-16-2007, 05:42 AM
I'm with IAmARevenant.

You guys better tell him who is 'Deathstar' rather than sending him to another website. It's sad.

IAmARevenant
07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
^
haha, very funny.

HeadAroundU
07-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I was deadly serious. :/

IAmARevenant
07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
thought you were bing sarcastic.

Andy
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Sarcasm is as sarcasm does.

Unless it's irony. But then it wouldn't be sarcasm.

That would be irony.

OffspringPsycho
08-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Are you retarded?? That song came out years before ATHF even existed. And it's called "Party Hard."Party Party Party and Party Hard are two completely different songs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fpi7Fs-2_S0

:D

IAmARevenant
08-17-2007, 06:48 AM
^
yep.

Are you retarded?? That song came out years before ATHF even existed. And it's called "Party Hard."
plus, when I got the soundtrack for the Aqua Teen movie, on the inserts it says that Party Party Party was written by Dave and Matt, the creaters of ATHF.
How do you explain that then? I guess you shouldn't done a bit more research before you went and insulted someone you don't even know.

DeAtHsTaR
08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
^
yep.

plus, when I got the soundtrack for the Aqua Teen movie, on the inserts it says that Party Party Party was written by Dave and Matt, the creaters of ATHF.
How do you explain that then? I guess you shouldn't done a bit more research before you went and insulted someone you don't even know.

Is it a different song than "Party Hard!" Because it sounds like the same song, from those lyrics. And it was on the "I Get Wet" album released in 2001.

nieh
08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Every song off his first album has lyrics like that.

IAmARevenant
08-17-2007, 04:03 PM
hmm, well they're not the same song. I checked out Party Hard on his website, and it is a different song.

and if you looked into the inserts of the soundtrack to the Aqua Teen movie, I swear it says that Party Party Party was written by Dave and Matt, the creators of the series, so I was right, he did do it specifically for the show(he appears in an episode btw).

but I guess the dude has alot of songs about partying.

nieh
08-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I initially thought Dain was just joking when he said this:

It actually made me chuckle when I first read it. I really can't believe both ends of this conversation were totally serious the whole time.

IAmARevenant
08-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I get ridiculed by him and pretty much everyone else here, so I would take that seriously.

bouncingcoles
08-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Sooo...what exactly is the deal with this guy? How exactly does he have "roots in the noise-rock scene"? Why is he at least two different people? I mean, he went from this:
http://www.luc.edu/orgs/phoenix/images/Nov02/110602/wk2.jpg
to this:
http://gothamist.com/attachments/interview_ben/2006_07_andrew_wk.jpg

There's no way that's the same person. Wikipedia says there's rumors that Andrew W.K. is just a character and they have actors play him, but does anyone know who the person behind it is? Why did I not realize until recently that he was a joke? Seriously, his first album was so stupid it HAD to be that was on purpose, and yet I had to have this pointed out to me.

maybe he just got tired of looking and smelling like shit