PDA

View Full Version : New R.E.M. material!

Jakebert
07-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I couldn't find the old R.E.M. thread, but I figured this was significant enough to start a new thread about, even though I think there's only 3 or 4 other R.E.M. fans here. Anyway, last week R.E.M. played a week long "working rehearsal" in Dublin, and played around 11 new songs that will be on their upcoming album, which is supposed to be released by the end of 2007.

Murmurs (http://www.murmurs.com/) has a ton of Youtube links, setlists, and bootlegs of the shows, including the new songs. Personally, I love the 3 new songs I've listened to (slow computer), and would seriously go as far as saying it's some of the best material they've done since "UP".

Also, those setlists are just plain amazing. I'd kill to see some of those old, forgotten gems played live.

All About Eve
07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Wait, so where do you go to hear the new material? All I could find was the live Dublin stuff.

Either way, this is amazing.

Jakebert
07-14-2007, 02:01 PM
The new material is the live Dublin stuff.

H1T_That
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Good to see they're still wanting to do new stuff. The lastest video i saw of them live, they seemed a little sick, and permenantly pissed at each other. I kinda got the the impression they wanted to split. Then i've heard nothing from them in like 6 months, so i assumed they'd split.

As you can see, i'm not well informed.