PDA

View Full Version : Pete Wentz' Equipment

Harnum
07-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Ok, first thing's first. I hate him. Second thing is, I was on the Live Earth (www.liveearth.org) website and I started to look at pictures of the performers. I came across one of Pete Wentz by the mic stand and I saw that he uses a Squier bass during his performance.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/LiveEarth/liveshow/SexiestPerformances/Sexy_FallOutBoy_Getty_400.jpg

If you look closely, you can make out "Squier" on the headstock. I was a little confused as to why he would use Squier over Fender. He has millions... why not get a great bass. I thought Squier was a beginner's bass, or am I wrong? Discuss!

0r4ng3
07-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't know much about Squier, but I lol'd at the thread title.

Harnum
07-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Lawlz, I thought somebody would. It was going to be titled "Pete Wentz' Gear" at first, but I figured that would be even worse.

Rag Doll
07-15-2007, 09:22 AM
i wanted to make the first Peen Wentz joke. boo.

mrconeman
07-15-2007, 10:54 AM
To get away from the topic of some faggots penis, yeah, in general Squiers are cheaply and badly made versions of Fender guitars that are highly reccomended for beginners.

buuuuut, of recent some Squiers are coming out very well made, not quite to the standard of Fender, but people are thinking they can get decent guitars for a fraction of the price. Not sure if it's the same case with their bases, but I hear very good things about their telecaster guitars.

I don't think thats the case though with this guy, it looks to me like thats a custom job, I think I seen all of the band using black and red gear during the gig at some point, I think they must have had custom gear made or something, but yeah, if you give Squier enough money to make you a custom instrument to your specs it will be as good as whatever else, especially if you're famous.

That's both guess work by the way, but I assume it's one of the two reasons.

leo3375
07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
If you must know, it's a custom Squier P Bass.

coke_a_holic
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Dude, Pete Wentz totally cares about his bass tone! It has to sound awesome for when he plays his pop-punk!!

Seriously.

Professor Chaos
07-15-2007, 09:14 PM
So, uh, who the fuck is that?

coke_a_holic
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
The guy from Fall Out Boy.

Professor Chaos
07-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Ewwwww :(

Harnum
07-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Ok, well that answers that question. Enough said, he's a fag.

- -Lauren- -
07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Ewwwww :(

This made me laugh so hard for some reason.