PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Legends

Revolver-2005?
07-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Suburban Legends is probably one of the more interesting bands out there. They combine ska,funk, disco, and a little pop/punk into their music to create some sort of Godly orgasm of awesome.

They're releasing a new CD called Infectious July 29th, they've posted two of the songs on their myspace and both are very good (especially Infectious).

www.myspace.com/suburbanlegends

There's their myspace, I think there are some catchy tunes on there. If you want further awesome just ask.

SkunkIt
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I love the song, "Gummi Bears", but I don't care for most other stuff i've heard from them, but I haven't really heard that much, but I don't like most disco or funk.

They really do sound like a boyband.

coke_a_holic
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I thought their music was alright when I saw them live (they were opening for Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish, I was obviously too excited to care about the openers, until I found out that RBF was going to make all of the exact same jokes and play the exact same songs), but their live show was impressive as hell. Synchronized, choreographed dance moves ftfw. I'll check out their music and see if it sounds better on tape than live.

Revolver-2005?
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah I saw them for the first time at the Streetlight/RBF show.

Then I saw them again last week. They are an awesome live act.

Harnum
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Hmm, not too bad. I can see where SkunkIt gets the Boyband thing from and I can see it. They're ok. I could take them or leave them.

SkunkIt
07-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes and they're also called a Ska boyband, even though they only do some third wave. The coreographed dance moves also add to that.

Revolver-2005?
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah I know what you're getting at, the newer stuff sounds really poppish. I do enjoy their music still, nothing wrong with a little boy band :) And the choreographed dancing is really fun to watch on stage cause it's funny. I've seen them twice and they're a hell of an act too watch, it's more entertaining then some band that just stands there.

DeAtHsTaR
07-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Lol, their original drummer used to play for Avenged Sevenfold.

Suburban Legends kick ass.