PDA

View Full Version : 30 seconds to mars

Ninty Man
07-26-2007, 02:20 PM
I was watching their video From Yesterday the other day... I really... really fucking hate emo... (I live AFI... but not my top).... so... I was watchinge their video... I think, and I hope you agree with me... they're emo, emo... pousers to sell, but emo at last...

So... I was speaking with a friend, and she told me that they're not emo... they're more link punk O_o... I really wanna kill her, but I explain her why the fuck they are so punk like backstreet boys, she told they're not emo, and even if they're emo... she loves jared leto, and that's the reason the band rocks...

What do you think?

Endymion
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
i think you should:
a) learn english
b) kill yourself

what the fuck does it matter if they're "emo" or "punk"? are you really so petty as to care what genre someone considers a band?

JohnnyNemesis
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Fucking die. Repeatedly.

JohnnyNemesis
07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
To answer that question, I ask you to re-read Ninty_Man's post. It should all make sense then.

Sunny
07-26-2007, 05:51 PM
you're fucking retarded, and jared leto's ass nuggets are worth more than your entire existence. seriously.

that being said, i'm rather indifferent to 30 seconds to mars. they're ok, i suppose.

nieh
07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I generally agree with the first two replies. Here's a brief answer though:
Your friend says they're punk and not emo because she doesn't want to admit to liking an emo band because it's one of the most universally detested genres out there at the moment and she's afraid she'll lose some sort of 'cred' if she admits to liking one. That being said, they're more mall-punk/whiny-pop-punk/radio-emo than real emo. It really doesn't matter what genre you label them as though, what matters is whether or not they make good music...which they don't.

Ninty Man
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
I generally agree with the first two replies. Here's a brief answer though:
Your friend says they're punk and not emo because she doesn't want to admit to liking an emo band because it's one of the most universally detested genres out there at the moment and she's afraid she'll lose some sort of 'cred' if she admits to liking one. That being said, they're more mall-punk/whiny-pop-punk/radio-emo than real emo. It really doesn't matter what genre you label them as though, what matters is whether or not they make good music...which they don't.

Thanks... and I laugh with Johnny Nemesis

Jared is gay, and the emo punk stuff:

I was fucking pissed off about that, FUCK!!! HOW DARE SHE CALL 30 SECONDS PUNK... dammit, but the quote makes my point.

Sorry about the redaction... but I was really pissed off...

And proving my point of the gay condition of Leto

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001467/

He was in Alexander... nuff said

coke_a_holic
07-27-2007, 12:15 AM
I'd rather listen to emo music than punk music.

Unless, of course, by "emo" you mean "pop-punk," which seems to be the case. Stop being so stupid.

DeAtHsTaR
07-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Girls like them because they think Jered's hot.

Ninty Man
07-27-2007, 02:07 AM
I'd rather listen to emo music than punk music.

Unless, of course, by "emo" you mean "pop-punk," which seems to be the case. Stop being so stupid.

DUH??? :rolleyes:

wheelchairman
07-27-2007, 05:03 AM
I've been listening to 30 Seconds to Mars since like 2000 or something. They're pretty good. I haven't heard much of the new stuff since the A Beautiful Lie album.

Also I thought Jered Leto was pretty good in Fight Club.

German Andres
07-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I have only heard 2 songs from them, the last ones. But I really hate them! From yesterday sucks, as well as the video

- -Lauren- -
07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Girls like them because they think Jered's hot.

That's because Jared is the most gorgeous thing on the face of the earth.

But besides that, they actually are a really good band. Jared actually has surprisingly good voice and I really love their album, A Beautiful Lie.

Ninty Man is worthless. He's just a blabbering idiot who doesn't even deserve to be in even in a vegetative state. He needs to actually listen to how stupid he sounds, for once.

German Andres
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey stop it with Ninty Man. He was just giving his opinion about a band (opinion which I agree with). Can`t you just give yours without being critiziced? As much as I know the threads are to give your opinions and points of view. One does that and some stupid guys ruin an interesting thread because of their lack of fundaments to support thei fucking insults?
A lot of you guys that posted here just posted pointless and senseless things. Guys: have you even read what was the thread about? It seems that you haven`t.

AH ONE THING. NINTY MAN WRITES ENGLISH BETTER THAN MANY AMERICANS HERE. JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT. :D

JohnnyNemesis
07-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey stop it with Ninty Man. He was just giving his opinion about a band (opinion which I agree with).

No he wasn't. He was giving an unbelievably immature opinion about a band. If you notice, most of us agree that the band sucks, but the fact that he cares about whether they are punk or emo instead of just enjoying the music is pathetic.

I didn't even read the rest of your post because it's clear from this that you're a complete fucking idiot. Go off yourself.

German Andres
07-29-2007, 01:23 PM
No he wasn't. He was giving an unbelievably immature opinion about a band. If you notice, most of us agree that the band sucks, but the fact that he cares about whether they are punk or emo instead of just enjoying the music is pathetic.

I didn't even read the rest of your post because it's clear from this that you're a complete fucking idiot. Go off yourself.

Thanks for the kind comment :D !

First of all, it is not an "unbelievably immature opinion about a band", it is his PERSONAL opinion about the band. And he said that he hated emo, what`s the problem with that?
He should have lied and said "I fucking love emo music"? Everybody can say whatever he wants.
He doesn`t care about if they are emo or punk, he just said he got angry when a friend of him said that 30 StM were a punk band. I understand him, nowadays even Good Charlotte is said to be a punk band. That`s ingnorance, and Ninty Man`s reaction is totally comphrensible.
And tell me, if most of the guys that posted here agree that that band sucks, why did they post such insults and agressions? I just want to know that.

Endymion
07-29-2007, 03:06 PM
the point is that labeling bands by genre is fucking stupid. it doesn't carry any real information. you say a band is "punk" and i have no idea what that means. will they sound like the ramones or like spazz or like this bike is a pipebomb? other bands just simply don't yield themselves to genres like that, such as man man or (cough) black eyes. it is thus the general opinion on this board that anyone who cares what the genre of a band is knows nothing about music and is also attracted to members of their own gender. and should die.

Ninty Man
07-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the kind comment :D !

First of all, it is not an "unbelievably immature opinion about a band", it is his PERSONAL opinion about the band. And he said that he hated emo, what`s the problem with that?
He should have lied and said "I fucking love emo music"? Everybody can say whatever he wants.
He doesn`t care about if they are emo or punk, he just said he got angry when a friend of him said that 30 StM were a punk band. I understand him, nowadays even Good Charlotte is said to be a punk band. That`s ingnorance, and Ninty Man`s reaction is totally comphrensible.
And tell me, if most of the guys that posted here agree that that band sucks, why did they post such insults and agressions? I just want to know that.

Ok, thanks dude... XD... I musty say you got my point after all..

And it's label a band in some genre... come on, I know is kinda... well... idiotic say which band is and isn't punk today, BUT... what I think about punk is stuff like ramones, the clash, fuck even bad religion.

When someone tells me that 30 seconds to mars is NOT EMO, AND IS PUNK... I must say WTF??? you gotta be kidding me O_O

Lauren: Your opinion is so important me such as Bush position about global heat

Endymion
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
When someone tells me that 30 seconds to mars is NOT EMO, AND IS PUNK... I must say WTF??? you gotta be kidding me O_O

give me a concrete difference between the two and maybe i'll concede that you have a point.

JohnnyNemesis
07-29-2007, 10:36 PM
AH ONE THING. NINTY MAN WRITES ENGLISH BETTER THAN MANY AMERICANS HERE. JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT. :D

Your opinion is so important me such as Bush position about global heat

These two quotes together make me laugh hysterically.

HeadAroundU
07-30-2007, 12:00 AM
I live AFI... but not my top
watchinge
they're emo, emo... pousers to sell, but emo at last...
they're more link punk O_o...

Thanks... and I laugh with Johnny Nemesis
Sorry about the redaction...
... nuff said

And it's label a band in some genre... come on, I know is kinda... well... idiotic say which band is and isn't punk today, BUT... what I think about punk is stuff like ramones, the clash, fuck even bad religion.

Your opinion is so important me such as Bush position about global heat
You're bad englishk...not learn..O_o...why you not learn!?..MMM...nuff said. Fuck even...you gotta be kidding me. I know Speedy is kinda...idiotic say... well... right. O_o

Ninty Man
07-30-2007, 12:11 AM
You're bad englishk...not learn..O_o...why you not learn!?..MMM...nuff said. Fuck even...you gotta be kidding me. I know Speedy is kinda...idiotic say... well... right. O_o

LOL, I know I don't get too much effort in wrting English... but is not my priority right now, sorry

Ninty Man
07-30-2007, 12:13 AM
give me a concrete difference between the two and maybe i'll concede that you have a point.

Emo complain about love crap, emotional stuff bla bla bla

Punk is more like... agressive lyrics, not be one more on the system, etc...

ninthlayer
07-30-2007, 12:20 AM
That's because Jared is the most gorgeous thing on the face of the earth.
Your taste in men is appalling.

HeadAroundU
07-30-2007, 01:01 AM
LOL, I know I don't get too much effort in wrting English... but is not my priority right now, sorry
If you want, I'll send you 'Raymond Murphy - English Grammar in use (with answers), 2nd edition'. One unit every day wouldn't kill you...

not be one more on the system
What does that mean?

coke_a_holic
07-30-2007, 01:06 AM

I can think of multiple "punk" songs about love crap, and I can think of plenty of emo bands who don't even bother about crying to prove that they aren't part of the system.

Musically, name differences. Pretend you don't understand the lyrics and tell me the difference. I dare you.

PS: Punk lyrics are a bazillion times worse than emo ones.

EDIT: I keep forgetting, my argument is null and void if by emo you REALLY mean pop-punk, which you DO. So just close your mouth and walk away because you're really only digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Yes, we know that 30 Seconds To Mars sucks, but your defense that "they're emo" is not only incorrect, but it's also trite and a poor attempt at arrogance.

Mannen som blev en gris
07-30-2007, 03:18 AM
the point is that labeling bands by genre is fucking stupid. it doesn't carry any real information. you say a band is "punk" and i have no idea what that means. will they sound like the ramones or like spazz or like this bike is a pipebomb? other bands just simply don't yield themselves to genres like that, such as man man or (cough) black eyes. it is thus the general opinion on this board that anyone who cares what the genre of a band is knows nothing about music and is also attracted to members of their own gender. and should die.

Doesn't carry any real information? Like, Symphonic Metal...? No, you're wrong. It DOES carry real information. Will they use an orchestra or some dude with a keyboard, will they use growls or not, female vocals or not, etc etc, I don't know, but I DO know that it won't be anything similar to 30 Seconds to Mars, and probably more similar to the other bands which also have been labeled symphonic metal.

Yes, what about the bands that don't sound like any genre in particular? Fuck them. They're a tiny minority compared to the rest, so they really shouldn't matter much.

The benefits of no genres would be what? Some musicians might get a little more creative, ok. People wouldn't focus too much on genres, like the dude in this thread. More..?

And what would you replace genres with? It would have to be something because otherwise people would have a pretty hard time finding music they might like.

Explain please.

wheelchairman
07-30-2007, 06:19 AM

Self esteem?

nieh
07-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Denial, Revisited? Gone Away?

wheelchairman
07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
I was just hitting myself on the head for not saying Denial, Revisited. Holy crap.

And on that note, I don't particularly recall any love songs by 30 Seconds to Mars. They aren't aching about heart ache.

German Andres
07-30-2007, 09:35 AM
What does that mean?

I isn`t so difficult.....not to be another puppet in the system....:rolleyes:

Tha main difference between the punk and the emo is the people who likes them. The emos (at least here) are the stupid guys that feel rejection about everybody, feel insecure about everybody else and look a little bit suicidal. In fact, people who nobody gives a shit about.

And the punks....what can I say. As I said, a guy that appears wearing a Good Charlotte shirt is said to be punk so anything I could say won`t make any difference.

JohnnyNemesis
07-30-2007, 10:28 AM
The emos (at least here) are the stupid guys that feel rejection about everybody, feel insecure about everybody else and look a little bit suicidal.

This applies to punks too, you fucking idiot.

Ninty Man
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Self esteem?

Grunge

Maybe, but they don't complain about being rejected from their parents, suicide stuff... Punks at least slam, spit and... MMM... tell fuck you everytime they can...

So... fuck you XD

H1T_That
07-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Punks at least slam, spit and... MMM... tell fuck you everytime they can...

Why the fuck are these traits you find respectable?

The extreme minimal amount of time of day i had for you has now gone.

I hope you choke on a knife.

Endymion
07-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Doesn't carry any real information? Like, Symphonic Metal...? No, you're wrong. It DOES carry real information. Will they use an orchestra or some dude with a keyboard, will they use growls or not, female vocals or not, etc etc, I don't know, but I DO know that it won't be anything similar to 30 Seconds to Mars, and probably more similar to the other bands which also have been labeled symphonic metal.

Yes, what about the bands that don't sound like any genre in particular? Fuck them. They're a tiny minority compared to the rest, so they really shouldn't matter much.

The benefits of no genres would be what? Some musicians might get a little more creative, ok. People wouldn't focus too much on genres, like the dude in this thread. More..?

And what would you replace genres with? It would have to be something because otherwise people would have a pretty hard time finding music they might like.

Explain please.

if you fine-grain genres then it would only be applicable to people who were already familiar with the genre in a wide since to begin with. i happen to know what "anarcho-crust-neodestructivist-jazz" sounds like, but no one unfamiliar with the genre would. and if you make it too general (jazz, punk, rock) it doesn't really help you know what it sounds like. tagging with general attributes of the music or with emotions would help a lot more (fast/slow, tonal/atonal, aggressive/easy listening, melodic/cacophonic, happy/sad, etc).

and there are TONS of bands that don't fit easily into any general genre, they're *not* a tiny minority.

Ninty Man
07-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Why the fuck are these traits you find respectable?

The extreme minimal amount of time of day i had for you has now gone.

I hope you choke on a knife.

Bleh, you don't understand.

Endymion
07-30-2007, 05:42 PM
indeed he doesn't see the utopia that would be a world completely populated by stereotypical punks.

German Andres
07-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Not really,Bronxy. Both are very hated kind of people, and "punk style" is very rejected by the thought that they are irresponsible, have bad attitude and don`t give a shit about anything. That sometimes happens, but most of the punks are very friendly.
On the other hand, the emos are "offended" and they think that everybody hates them. Just people with lack of attention that want to meke thair own space.

Ninty Man
07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
indeed he doesn't see the utopia that would be a world completely populated by stereotypical punks.

LOL the world don't need that, I only don't see why emo's deserve my respect (BTW, I'm not punk)

JohnnyNemesis
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
they don't complain about being rejected from their parents, suicide stuff...

What the FUCK?! THAT IS ALL PUNKS EVER DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"punk style" is very rejected by the thought that they are irresponsible, have bad attitude and don`t give a shit about anything.

Punks don't give a shit about anything? Except for whether music is punk or emo, amirite?

0r4ng3
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Okay, all this genre nonsense aside, we can all agree that 30 Seconds to Mars sucks, right? I'm just checking.

coke_a_holic
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Facts:

1. 30 Seconds To Mars is awful
2. They are pop-punk, not emo.
3. Emo and punk music are almost identical.
4. Ninty Man should shut up.

wheelchairman
07-31-2007, 06:08 AM
I actually like 30 Seconds to Mars. I haven't heard anything since A Beautiful Lie, but that and the album before it were great.

FrancoDaHui
07-31-2007, 09:37 AM
ninty, i think that you should really shut the fuck up

and about 30 seconds to mars.....well, i dont care about them, they have 2 or 3 songs that i like but that's it

nieh
07-31-2007, 09:53 AM
You all need to realize that each one of us is a punk, and an emo, and a hipster, and a metalhead, a rude boy and a criminal. Does that answer your question?

Mannen som blev en gris
07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
if you fine-grain genres then it would only be applicable to people who were already familiar with the genre in a wide since to begin with. i happen to know what "anarcho-crust-neodestructivist-jazz" sounds like, but no one unfamiliar with the genre would. and if you make it too general (jazz, punk, rock) it doesn't really help you know what it sounds like. tagging with general attributes of the music or with emotions would help a lot more (fast/slow, tonal/atonal, aggressive/easy listening, melodic/cacophonic, happy/sad, etc).

and there are TONS of bands that don't fit easily into any general genre, they're *not* a tiny minority.

But that would make it even more subjective, plus a lot more complicated. Now when you say a band is Punk, people already associate it with certain general attributes and emotions, like fast, aggressive, not-so-technical, etc. Of course not all bands share these things but most do. So we're already using these types of tags, but grouped together to make it less complicated. Using them separately might make the descriptions more accurate and easy to understand for those not familiar with the genre at all, but like I said, it would also make it a lot more complicated to simply describe some random generic punk band. And most people don't need a description that accurate to figure out weather they'll like the band or not. Of course, this is a problem when people rely too much on the genres and the music from that genre they've heard, so much that they refuse to listen to anything techno, for example. But, this is not a big problem, seeing as they most likely do dislike most techno. Of course there's always some artist whose music is said to be genre A but a dude who generally only listens to genre B likes that artist anyway but there's really no way you can avoid that.

I understand why someone like you would prefer the tagging you describe, since like you said, not many know what "anarcho-crust-neodestructivist-jazz" is. But that type of music is not created for the mainstream either so it wouldn't help the average music fan anyway. I honestly believe the music most people listen to can be classified as one genre or another. And if it can't, just make up a genre using its attributes/emotions/whatever. But doing this with all genres is just unnecessary.

- -Lauren- -
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Lauren: Your opinion is so important me such as Bush position about global heat

ORLY?

Your taste in men is appalling.

Perhaps. But I donít exactly look for guys who look just like him.

Ninty Man
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Facts:

1. 30 Seconds To Mars is awful
2. They are pop-punk, not emo.
3. Emo and punk music are almost identical.
4. Ninty Man should shut up.

1-. Yes
2-. DUH??? Whatever
3-. Maybe... but not lyrical
4-. OK, agreed, I will listen to my bitch Franco

JohnnyNemesis
07-31-2007, 06:00 PM
You all need to realize that each one of us is a punk, and an emo, and a hipster, and a metalhead, a rude boy and a criminal. Does that answer your question?

We're the Breakfast Club!

Endymion
08-01-2007, 08:48 AM
dirty magic is all kinds of emo

Ninty Man
08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
dirty magic is all kinds of emo

:mad: NOOOOO...