PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Food

Harnum
07-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok, I just finished my breakfast and I realized how much I love breakfast. What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

Bacon and Toast ftw! Bacon has to be nice and crisp and the toast just browned and slathered in butter. To top it off, a giant glass of Tropicana Orange Juice. *drools*

Little_Miss_1565
07-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Two eggs, hash browns, and wheat toast. Scrambled, overeasy, poached...numnums.

And coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeeeeee

Bazza
07-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I like either a full English breakfast or Continental breakfast, both are great.

mrconeman
07-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Either an Ulster fry, or the very simple and basic, yet unbelievable toast and tea.

killer_queen
07-30-2007, 08:58 AM
It used to be orange juice until I've became an addict and switched it to coffee. Now it is orange juice again because of the fucking hot weather.

And although it sounds weird it's always a great pleasure to have tomato soup with hot sweet black tea on cold mornings.

0r4ng3
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
What is this "breakfast" you speak of? Your alien language confuses me.

PS. I'm having waffles right now. Waffles are awesome.

noodlesfan
07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Bagel and spray-can cream cheese. Coffee.

Jebus
07-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I generally don't eat breakfast food often because I usually don't feel hungry in the morning and if I do eat, it feels like I'm just forcing myself. Sometimes when I'm feeling peckish later in the afternoon, I do enjoy eating a meal of huevos ranchers (fried eggs with tomato and onion), fried plantains, fried beans, and tortillas. Also, waffles make a good midnight snack.

Harnum
07-30-2007, 09:21 AM
the very simple and basic, yet unbelievable toast and tea.

One of my friends used to have that EVERY morning for about 2 years. It really is an unbelievable combo.

Endymion
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
biscuits & gravy is my favorite, though i rarely have it. normally i don't eat breakfast.

oh, and simpsons movie donuts are amazing.

nieh
07-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I generally don't eat breakfast but I love bacon and I like french toast, regular toast and sausage. Waffles are alright too but I've never been a fan of pancakes.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I support the bacon and french toast bandwagon. Add some fried eggs over medium, Tabasco sauce, fresh fruit (red grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, and watermelon), and orange juice, and we've got ourselves a perfect breakfast.

Alternatively, you could have chilaquiles. Especially after a night of heavy drinking. Served with a Mexican or Nicaraguan beer and a lime.

Sunny
07-30-2007, 10:37 AM
on weekdays i'll usually have a poached egg on an english mufffin... or graham crackers with berries/vanilla yogurt. but on the weekends it's a feast. so:

egg tacos (egg, fried potato chunks, cheese, salsa in a tortilla)
migas (egg, crushed tortilla chips, peppers, tomatoes, onion, cheese
dutch baby pancake orrr david eyre pancake *dies*
blueberry pancakes
asiago cheese and scallions egg scramble
or bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, lemon, capers and onions

i'm a glutton. yes.

and of course black tea + orange juice. in huge amounts.

Jakebert
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I generally don't eat breakfast because it makes me sick to eat that early. I have no clue why.

But, I do enjoy pancakes. I have them for lunch quite often.

Andy
07-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Bacon/sausage/hash brown/mushroom/beans/fried egg sandwich on thick crusty farmhouse white bread and either brown sauce or tomatoes. Has to be eaten quick though, before the bread dissolves.

Alternatively, thinly sliced mature cheddar on burnt toast with a 3-teaspoon strong black coffee (for a proper kick-start to the day).

Although, many times I've woken up to the wonderous left-over-kebab/curry breakfast. Nothing finer when you're hungover.

Harnum
07-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Does anyone else believe that OJ should be deemed the ultimate breakfast drink.
(with few exceptions)

0r4ng3
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I never thought I'd see the day. Finally, orange juice is on topic.

Harnum
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
It finally has a topic where it can be discussed. Let me feel this moment! *relaxes*

H1T_That
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Although, many times I've woken up to the wonderous left-over-kebab/curry breakfast. Nothing finer when you're hungover.

Leftover pizza is a fucking lifesaver when you can't be arsed to cook anything/are still too drunk to drive to a cafe/burger-van.

I generally have 3 slices of piping hot toast with butter and a glass of fresh orange if at work, or cup of tea if at home.

nieh
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Dammit, now I want to make myself breakfast food tonight. Does anyone have a good, not super elaborate recipe for French Toast? I've never made it before.

killer_queen
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure but what you need to do is mix an egg with 1/4 glass of milk, put the sliced bread in it, wait a couple of seconds and grill it. Some fry it with butter, I've never tried it but if you enjoy unhealthy stuff give it a try. Serve with sugar and cinnamon while it's still hot. That's all.

Sunny
07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
the french toast recipe i have saved...

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
6 slices challah bread
1 tbsp. (or more) butter

Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or small baking pan. Dip bread into egg mixture and coat both sides. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add bread in batches and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.

serve with syrup yadda yadda yadda.

nieh
07-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Awesome. Thank you. I've been wondering this for a while, but what is so special about challah bread? Is it just that it's thicker than regular bread? Last time I got french toast at a restaurant, the menu said it was made with that and it really didn't seem that different than normal.

killer_queen
07-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Yours is better :( . I've never tried it with vanilla but it sounds so much better.

By the way, has anyone tried it with creme fraiche. One of my friend says it's awesome but I'm afraid of trying new things.

All About Eve
07-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Buscuits and gravy or pancakes. I rule at making pancakes.

Sunny
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
i think challah is made with eggs and butter, so it's a bit richer and more pastry like.

as for creme fraiche... hm. i dunno. it's a little sour-ish, so... well. who knows. i just associate it with salty food for some reason.

reggaeuplifts
07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
..would have to be biscuits and gravy, maybe some scrambled eggs too?

Endymion
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I never thought I'd see the day. Finally, orange juice is on topic.

i'm pretty sure we've had a thread just about orange juice before.

endlesst0m
07-30-2007, 04:21 PM
For some reason, I HATE people that don't prefer wheat toast. It's one of the few times in life where the healthy choice is the tastier choice.

ZagmenO
07-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Waffles and syrup, bagels and cream cheese, english muffin and butter, toast and jelly.

All those. ;);)

endlesst0m
07-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Man, I used to love eggs for breakfast...then one day I thought about what eggs really were...I mean, I knew before, but then I really thought about it. It's gross.

Betty
07-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Often...

Eggs, eggs, eggs, yum.

Scrambled with mushrooms, onions, and cheese.

Sunny side up with salt and pepper.

Omelette with tomatoes, ham, onion, cheese, peppers...

In a sandwich. Toasted bread, english muffin, or bagel. Slices of tomato. Fried bacon or ham. Sliced cheddar cheese or processed cheese. Butter. Mayo. Salt and pepper. I can make this in about 3 minutes. The ultimate breakfast.

Some form of bread (bagel, toast, english muffin) always on the side. Bacon or home fries for indulgent weekend breakfasts.

Orange juice. Coffee if necessary. The occasional other fruit juice or V8. Sometimes fresh fruit. Grapefruit is nice. Or oranges.

Sometimes...

Toast. Whole wheat. With peanut butter and banana. Butter and jam. Cheez whiz.

A bagel. With cream cheese. Cream cheese and smoked salmon. Butter if it's the cinnamon and raisin kind or maybe a cheese flavour.

Rarely...

Pancakes.

Cereal.

Yogourt.

Leftovers.

I loooooove breakfast.

wheelchairman
07-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Either an Ulster fry,

This is it, protestant host family for the win!

Harnum
07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Holy shit. I never knew what an Ulster Fry was until now and it looks fucking great. Heart Attack on a plate? I want one! :(

nieh
07-31-2007, 08:21 AM
French toast and bacon = very yay.

Harnum
07-31-2007, 09:05 AM
I am making french toast in about an hour and I might try your recipe Sunny. But, I just ran low on eggs and only have one left. Just cut the recipe in half for one egg?

Sunny
07-31-2007, 09:20 AM
yah, that'd probably work. i'd still add the same amount of cinnamon, but i'm obsessed with cinnamon, so don't mind me. ;p

SkunkIt
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Depends what i'm in the mood for.