PDA

View Full Version : What is the best hockey team?

Jack the Tripper
07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Vote for what you think the best hockey team in the NHL is.

Andy
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
It's obviously Nashville. Because, you know.

I'm so cool I can start sentences with "because".

Jakebert
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I'll bet you voted for the Predators, didn't you?

EDIT: Dammit, Andy.

Andy
07-30-2007, 10:56 AM
:D what else did you expect? I'm an asshole after all.

H1T_That
07-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Wow. Just about every one of those team names is fucking faggoted.

0r4ng3
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Haha, I feel so ignorant. Besides the Rangers and the Devils, I haven't heard of a single one of those teams.

Andy
07-30-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm loving how two other people agree with my complete guess at the Nashville Predators.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Fail for exclusion of the Hurricanes.

bd007h
07-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Up until their two best players left via free agency this past month, the answer was the Buffalo Sabres.

The Predators are having management issues, and there is a possibility of their team moving out of Nashville, and they are cleaning ship and have traded away some of their best players, including their captain.

The correct Answer now is probably the Anaheim ducks, who just won the stanley cup this past june, but they aren't even on this poll.

bd007h
07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Fail for exclusion of the Hurricanes.

Any team that is supported by Kid Rock should not be listed.

Jack the Tripper
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm suprised anyone voted for the Nashville Predators. I chose to use 10 options in the poll, then I put down the ones I thought were the most popular (I apparently forgot some). The Predators were put on there randomly because I just needed on more.

HeadAroundU
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Like right now?

Probably Wings, Ducks and Rangers.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
On this list, the Detroit Red Wings, by far. Even though the Sabres would also be a decent choice. The Stars and Preds are really good teams too.

I disagree completely.

But I do agree with you on how the Flyers, Panthers, and Avs all made the cut, while they all suck bad. But the Hurricanes, Wild, and Ducks didn't make the cut, and they're all really good.

noodlesfan
Boston Bruins

bd007h
07-30-2007, 01:23 PM
On this list, the Detroit Red Wings, by far. Even though the Sabres would also be a decent choice. The Stars and Preds are really good teams too.

I disagree completely.

But I do agree with you on how the Flyers, Panthers, and Avs all made the cut, while they all suck bad. But the Hurricanes, Wild, and Ducks didn't make the cut, and they're all really good.

I wouldn't say that the Avs suck bad, they put up a good run near the end of the season and just missed making the playoffs (for the first time since they moved from Quebec in 1996)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't say that the Avs suck bad, they put up a good run near the end of the season and just missed making the playoffs (for the first time since they moved from Quebec in 1996)

True, but I am a diehard Wings fan, and must say that they suck bad.

bd007h
07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
True, but I am a diehard Wings fan, and must say that they suck bad.

Kind of the same reason why I don't think Carolina should be on this poll.

bd007h
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I also think that the Flyers will be a tough team this year, now that they have Daniel Briere (you'll be missed in Buffalo :( ), Kimmo Timonen, Jason Smith, Joffrey Lupol, and Scott Hartnell.

Jakebert
07-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm suprised anyone voted for the Nashville Predators. I chose to use 10 options in the poll, then I put down the ones I thought were the most popular (I apparently forgot some). The Predators were put on there randomly because I just needed on more.

Methinks you missed the point.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I also think that the Flyers will be a tough team this year, now that they have Daniel Briere (you'll be missed in Buffalo :( ), Kimmo Timonen, Jason Smith, Joffrey Lupol, and Scott Hartnell.

I feel completely stupid having no clue Kimmo Timonen was on the Flyers now.

I am a big fan of his, so now I have no reason to like the Preds.

bd007h
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I feel completely stupid having no clue Kimmo Timonen was on the Flyers now.

I am a big fan of his, so now I have no reason to like the Preds.

yeah, him and Scott Hartnell were some of the "future considerations" that were part of the Scottie Upshall/Peter Forsberg trade.

jacknife737
07-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I love the fact that there are zero Canadian teams on the list... i mean you list Nashville but not Ottawa? I'd say the best team in the league is the Sens (and it pains me to say this, considering that i'm a Leafs fan).

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-30-2007, 02:22 PM
There should definetely be Canadian teams on the list.

That's what pissed me off the most about the Stanley Cup Finals. You got Ottawa, a Canadian city who loves a hockey, and Anaheim, a city that could give a crap.

"Hey Jim, beautiful day in Anaheim, isn't it?"
"Yeah. Hey, did you hear about our ice hockey team? I think they won some kind of championship ."
"Oh, yeah, I forgot we had an ice hockey team. It's like the Mighty Ducks or something, right?"
"I thought they got rid of the "mighty"?"
"Oh well, who cares?"

That's why I hope Atlanta, Florida, Phoenix, and Anaheim all fail miserably. And I also root for Minnesota, Buffalo, all Canadian cities, and of course, Hockeytown.

bd007h
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
There should definetely be Canadian teams on the list.

That's what pissed me off the most about the Stanley Cup Finals. You got Ottawa, a Canadian city who loves a hockey, and Anaheim, a city that could give a crap.

"Hey Jim, beautiful day in Anaheim, isn't it?"
"Yeah. Hey, did you hear about our ice hockey team? I think they won some kind of championship ."
"Oh, yeah, I forgot we had an ice hockey team. It's like the Mighty Ducks or something, right?"
"I thought they got rid of the "mighty"?"
"Oh well, who cares?"

That's why I hope Atlanta, Florida, Phoenix, and Anaheim all fail miserably. .

add in carolina and I'll agree with you.

Jack the Tripper
07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Methinks you missed the point.

What point?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-30-2007, 09:03 PM
What point?

He means you can't just ask what the best hockey team is when just put down teams that you thought were popular or teams you just thought you'd put down.

Jack the Tripper
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I should've waited until after people responded to make a poll.

Jakebert
07-31-2007, 10:59 AM
*headdesk*

Jack has a habit of sticking up for pedophiles, and thanks to Dateline NBC, "Predator" has become another word for "pedophile". Therefore, people are voting for the Predators and making jokes about it because of Jack's sympathy towards pedophiles.

It really takes the fun out of it when I have to explain it.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-31-2007, 11:03 AM

Kind of the same reason why I don't think Carolina should be on this poll.

add in carolina and I'll agree with you.
Jesus Christ. Still bitter about the '06 semifinals, are we? A bit?

bd007h
07-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Jesus Christ. Still bitter about the '06 semifinals, are we? A bit?

Yeah, kinda. You can't tell me the Sabres wouldn't have won if they weren't down 4 of their top 6 defenseman. They still brought it to game 7 and were winning 2-1 going into the 3rd before their top 2 remaining d-men started wearing down and they needed to play freakin Rory Fitzpatrick and Jeff Jillson in the closing minutes.

SkunkIt
07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Redwing, redwing, REDWINGS!....How old this this fucking thread?

Jack the Tripper
07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
*headdesk*

Jack has a habit of sticking up for pedophiles, and thanks to Dateline NBC, "Predator" has become another word for "pedophile". Therefore, people are voting for the Predators and making jokes about it because of Jack's sympathy towards pedophiles.

It really takes the fun out of it when I have to explain it.

I voted for the Colorado Avelanche.
Is it at all possible for me to say anything without creating controversy here? I'm liked everywhere else.

0r4ng3
07-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Go Predators! Do it for the kids!

Jakebert
07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Jack is so slow it cracks me up. 0r4ng3 is so funny he cracks me up.

HeadAroundU
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm liked everywhere else.
At the Linkin Park forums?

Jack the Tripper
08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I mean in real life. Where people know who I actually am.

All About Eve
08-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I didn't realize you had brought your paedotendencies public.