PDA

View Full Version : Laughing

Wolfbutter
08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Whenever I see a video that is supposed to be funny, I pretty much never laugh. However, when I look at the comments, I see "LMAO soooooooooooooooo funny!!!" and "I can't hold back my tears, I'm laughing so hard!" and "I can't stop laughing!" I don't get it. How can you laugh that hard at something? Know, I'm alone when I watch these most of the time, but I'm assuming others are as well.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Grabbal
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Great Mike
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Most times they are just worthless people who try to convince themselves that they are enjoying their stupid life. I think.

Sunny
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
well, i'm easily amused. but things online (and things in general) can make me laugh so hard i choke or cry. or have my drink come up my nose.

Great Mike - yes, i'm sure that's it..... moron.

Great Mike
08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
well, i'm easily amused. but things online (and things in general) can make me laugh so hard i choke or cry. or have my drink come up my nose.

Great Mike - yes, i'm sure that's it..... moron.

The drink thing explains why you laugh so easily and why you write in this strange fashion.

Sunny
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
do you have trouble understanding me? because from my experience, my manner of writing is perfectly clear to most. then again, we're not all equally fortunate.

some of us, for instance, appear to think that "drink" automatically means "alcoholic beverage". sad, really. sad.

Rag Doll
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
omg sunnies is an alkie.

lolololo
i laffed so hard i cried
etc

Great Mike
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
some of us, for instance, appear to think that "drink" automatically means "alcoholic beverage". sad, really. sad.

Mistake, common English expression or I hit the nail on the head? If it's the latter I'm sorry.:(

Betty
08-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. If I find something online/on TV/in a book that actually makes me laugh out loud then I'm pretty excited about it.

However, when I'm just hanging out with friends, I laugh ALL the time.

Mota Boy
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Laughter is socially contagious.

Great Mike - you've already lost this argument. All you're doing is making yourself look more immature. My advice (which I doubt you'll take, but you still should hear) is to cut your losses and leave the thread.

Great Mike
08-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Laughter is socially contagious.

Great Mike - you've already lost this argument. All you're doing is making yourself look more immature. My advice (which I doubt you'll take, but you still should hear) is to cut your losses and leave the thread.

Ok, okÖ I realize the discussion was ridiculous. I didnít aim to start it, but I shouldnít have had answered what the girl said either.

But well, as you forecasted, Iím not leaving this thread. I keep thinking most people arenít laughing that much, that hard and that often for everything in the net. I know you can find great jokes in the Internet, sure, but most of them are pure junk. We are not humor-virgins teenagers who are amazed to every absurdity of the Internet anymore, right? Do you really laugh out loud when you see all those YouTube videos about pets acting weird or a white faggot speaking like a rapper?

And in a side note: laughing is not contagious via Internet, at least not with my router configuration.

Meg
08-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Meh. i laugh at some videos online, but i'll have to agree that some off the comments people leave...WTF? They just take it too far. It's like, okay, you found that funny, but you aren't about to piss yourself laughing now are you?

KyleW
08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
there are some things that make me laugh out loud on the net (i guess it kinda depends what im watching but when people leave comments like

"ZOMG! DATS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY ROFLMAO"

its just stupid, people always over react on the net and it pisses me off

Nina
08-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Whenever I laugh REAL hard it's times when nobody else laughs, or one/two people.

I often do something I call a nervous laugh. It's not actually a " HA HA HA !!!", but it's more like a tiny "hehe...". I do it when I a) am uncomfortable b) dunno what to say c) find something mildly amusing.

hmm.

batfish
08-06-2007, 02:57 PM
There was a pretty funny youtube video parodying the laughing out loud claim. I can't find it though, it was one guy typing, and singing about laughing out loud. Anyone know what i mean? I think it was quite well known.

I hardly ever laugh out loud in front of the computer. Snuffle quietly sometimes.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
There was a pretty funny youtube video parodying the laughing out loud claim. I can't find it though, it was one guy typing, and singing about laughing out loud. Anyone know what i mean? I think it was quite well known.

Quite well known, but also quite shitty. "I'm typing LOL but I'm not laaaaughing" or something like that.

Also, people generally exaggerate things online. I don't know why, but it's pretty annoying.

Meg
08-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Plus I should imagine it's also a case of, "hey look, someone found that real funny...oh and another! hang on, maybe I should say the same thing?"