PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Day

Mota Boy
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Pop culture's influence sometimes emerges in interesting ways. For instance, if I live in a place for a few months, at some point I'll develop a strategy for dealing with certain emergencies - and generally not the ones related to drills I performed in school, prepping me in case of fire, earthquakes or tornadoes. Rather, I'll prepare for the less practical but more interesting emergencies such as a sudden, necessary corpse-disposal method (my apartment was generally deserted at two a.m. and it was only a couple flights to the back entrance, which wasn't in sight of the street and where parking was generally available; or I could toss it into the back alley from my bedroom window and quickly intercept it), a military coup and subsequent declaration of martial law (there's a pawn shop that sells guns a mere five minutes away) or an outbreak of zombieism (ditto, though if it's in its latter stages, I may have to resort to piling furniture against my door, storing water in every available container and arming myself with a leg from my kitchen table). On one hand, I feel a bit safer knowing where to go in case if, say, I'm ever targeted by a massive government conspiracy (you think I'm going to post my strategy here, where they can read it?), but on the other hand, I can't help but feel that I'm merely lulling myself into a false sense of security. Really, I doubt that all the pre-planning in the world could really insulate me from the effects of something like an outbreak of a fast-moving epidemic (get food, water and firearms before the other saps and hunker down) or invasion by a hostile alien civilization (depends on what form it takes, but as a general rule, stay away from heavily-populated areas and military bases, at least in the early stages of the invasion).

KyleW
08-02-2007, 03:27 PM
woah... thats one hell of a thought