PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Toy Guns

BREAK
08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
When I first heard "Le Disko", I was astonished that such a truly horrible song could ever be written. "Wow," I thought, "They're ripping off the 'I Wanna Be Your Dog' riff and playing it on a dumbass 'Hella Good' synthesizer behind a generic 'dance' beat with yet another chick singer who exudes attitude but has no original style whatsoever? Are people supposed to like this crap?"

Ever since then I've developed this strange fixation with it, more in a "Why the hell can't I get this shitty song out of my head?" way than in a "This song impresses me every time I hear it" sort of way. My feelings, in short, over the whole thing are confused. I tried listening to a couple of their other songs, but they seem more "trite radio emo" and lack the sleazy lesbian club vibe of the aforementioned song.

So, because I lack the ability to develop opinions of my own, I turn to you, the public at large. Is anyone here a fan? Are these guys for real, or destined to be forgotten? Do they have any other songs that are as hynotically retarded and ill-conceived, or am I going to have to sate myself with this one over and over?

Moderator Control Panel
06-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Check them out or you'll get the 1st warning!

http://www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns