PDA

View Full Version : Syntax

NDM1
08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
This is my band and we have just finished one of our recordings for a demo that we're putting together ourselves. Pretty much everything you hear was done in 1 maybe 2 takes due to the limited amount of tracks on the recording device we used. I play lead guitar and pretty much mixed the whole thing. Tell me what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=735618

German Andres
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow its good. I admit I didn`t like it at the beggining, but when the lead guitar came in I really enjoyed it. Keep it up!

NDM1
08-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks man, but yeah i feel a little indifferent about the intro i think its really cool but if it were up to only me it probably wouldn't be there but the rest of my band likes it and a band is compromise so I'm fine with it.

mrconeman
08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
That was pretty sweet. You guys are reasonably tight. A couple more takes would probably have smoothed things over a little more, but still, it was a good take.

The guitar is certainly the highlight, for me anyway. I enjoyed the main riff, it was strange, sort punky and Iron Maideny at the same time, I liked it. The solo was nice too.

NDM1
08-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks a lot man, yeah i wanted to try and make the guitar a little complex but still melodic. I'm glad you sensed some iron maiden in there seeing as they are definitely one of my influences. That's only one of the songs up right now but there will be about 3 or 4 more coming when we finish recording them and mixing them that aren't really at all.

NDM1
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Well there's a new song up that's more of a progressive rock jam with a cool little solo section. I think most of you will like it.

coke_a_holic
08-17-2007, 02:24 AM
I really like Joe's Song a fucking lot. It's very catchy, but I think you should put vocals on it or at least a melody that you can play over it to keep it fresh. I know this is kind of hypocritical, as none of my songs have vocals on them (yet), but still.

It sounds really awesome, dude, and the recording quality is great. I love the sort of indie rock feel to the whole thing; I've been listening to a lot of music in that vein lately, so it worked out pretty well for me. The jam session in the middle is definitely kickin', but the "chorus" right after feels kinda weird because suddenly all of the power in the distortion is lost; you might want to change up the last chorus part to be louder or something just to keep the transition smooth.

NDM1
08-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks man, and i know agree with the whole last chorus thing. After we recorded it and jammed on it one day i left the distortion on for that last chorus and most of the power was still there so i think I'm just gonna add that in live.

opivy21
08-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I like it. It sounds really professional.