PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's

sKratch
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
So I was really excited at the beginning of the summer for the coming of the Baconator. Then it came, and unbeknownst to me, replaced the Big Bacon Classic. What. The. Crap. I tried the Baconator and it was OK, but I've been jonesing for the old Big Bacon Classic for a while now. I miss that lettuce and tomato... I really don't know why I made this thread, but perhaps somebody shares my woes? For those who do not know, the big bacon classic was a lovely sized burger with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mayonnaise, and catsup. The baconator is smaller in diameter but has 2 patties on it, a bunch of cheese, six [6 (VI)] strips of bacon, and ketchup and mayonnaise I think.

ZagmenO
08-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I like those commercials where that dude has the red wig.

nieh
08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I normally get my burgers plain, so it doesn't make a huge difference to me whcih one I get provided they didn't jack the price up. Did they jack the price up?
Semi-related: I finally got up the courage to try one of their vanilla Frosty's about a week ago. It was really fucking good.

Jakebert
08-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I've become really big on Arby's lately. I just recentely discovered that they have reubans, so I've eaten at least one of those a week for the past month.

nieh
08-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Arby's is a lot better than people give it credit for. I blame the Simpsons for this entirely.

Sunny
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
i usually go for wendy's when i'm on a roadtrip or whatever (and there's no taco bell in sight), but last time i had it.... urrrrgh wtf it was beyond nasty (i had a baked potato and a small salad, which are relatively difficult to screw up and make greasy... but they managed).

sick, yo.
the concept of the baconator freaks me out. :|

Jakebert
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Arby's is so different than most of the other fast food places that people generally ignore it, but that's the reason I like it. The menu has actual variety and some really good deli-style sandwiches.

Z-Speak
08-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Arby's is so different than most of the other fast food places that people generally ignore it, but that's the reason I like it. The menu has actual variety and some really good deli-style sandwiches.

You are very strange...

Chick Fila is the best.

Sunny
08-10-2007, 04:50 PM
i don't think we have Arby's here...

my favorite fast food place is Chipotle. no contest. if there's no Chipotles around, Taco Bell.

Rag Doll
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
there are some arby's in like...way north jersey (almost into new york state). and there's one in the mall in my town.

all fast food is pretty disgusting. uck.

WebDudette
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM
my favorite fast food place is Chipotle. no contest. if there's no Chipotles around, Taco Bell.

Yes! I love Chipotle. If I am in the mood for a super unhealthy hamburger though In-N-Out is always good.

I've only ever had Wendy's burgers a few times and I can't quite remember if I liked it or not. I do how ever like there spicy chicken sandwiches. Most everything at Arby's is good and their 5 for 5(?) deal is pretty cheap.

Llamas
08-10-2007, 05:49 PM
My favorite fast food ever are the Kebaps in Austria and Germany. The ones in other countries are disgusting. But that's easily the best fast food.

Then I like any of the Mexican stuff. I've never counted Chipotle as fast food, but I love it. And Burrito Loco, Taco John's, Taco Bell. As much as I like this stuff, I also love a variety of sub shops, as long as they're not Subway. I think Subway is disgusting, and the smell inside the store makes me want to vomit. But other sub places (for the commercial chains, Erbert's and Gerbert's and Quizno's are the best... Jimmy John's and Cousin's are decent, too) own me.

Arby's is great.

I'm not big on McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's. They're all pretty meh.

Lodat225
08-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Burger King, Taco Bell, and this mexican grill called Qdoba something are amazing. They're all located right next to each other too. Sometimes it's hard picking where to eat. Route 17 ftw.

Oh yeah, there's a Subways too. Mmmm.

Jakebert
08-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I love Subway. One of the big selling points of the place I'm going to college at is that there's a Subway on campus that has reduced prices.

Yep, fast food dictates where I go to school.

Llamas
08-10-2007, 09:34 PM
There were three subways on my campus, haha. But there were also I think 3 or 4 different sub shops that I preferred. But seriously, food places are important... cause University Dining Services are subpar and you go crazy eating there for nine months.

Jakebert
08-10-2007, 09:36 PM
The place for the meal plan they have at Akron (where I'm going) is supposed to be pretty good, just kind of fattening. But they make up for it by having one of the most amazing gyms that I've ever seen.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Wendy's > McDonald's > Burger King

And the only reason McDonald's is ahead of Burger King is because there's a McDonald's right next to me. Still, at McDonald's, you can't go wrong with three double cheeseburgers, two cherry pies, and a Coke for only five bucks. And everyone knows McDonald's owns the best fries.

But Wendy's, pretty much everything is amazing there. Especially any burger that includes bacon, like mentioned above, and their chicken nuggets.

I almost forgot about In N Out, which is on the Pacific coast, but whenever I'm visiting family in California, their burgers and shakes are to die for.

Oh, and Taco Bell and Arby's are also incredibly awesome fast food restaurants. #3 at Taco Bell everytime, and however many roast beef sandwiches I can eat at Arby's, with curly fries.

White Castle, however, owns all. By far. White Castle is one of those places that you either love and always want, or a place you think is absolutely disgusting and never want. When you got the "craving", White Castle is perfect. I don't go there too much though, which adds to its special-ness.

Subway is good, very good actually, but I'm still in love with Jimmy John's. They deliver to me.

For pizza: Pizza Hut > pretty much everything else, even though I'll still eat the others. It sucks for me though, because the Pizza Hut is far away, and I have to live with Hungry Howie's, but their crust isn't that bad anyway.

Yeah, so I like fast food.

Sunny
08-10-2007, 10:16 PM
i hate subway... it's always slimey and flavorless. i'd rather go to quiznos... if i had to.

Apathy
08-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Wendy's Stuff

The most interesting interest in my mind is that you say the Big Bacon Classic contains catsup while the baconator uses ketchup.

All About Eve
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Chick Fila is the best.
Amen, brother. However, the Southern United States area is the only place in the world with them. Can you believe that the majority of northerners have never had a chicken buscuit & sweet tea breakfast from Chik-Fil-A?

Of the more well known ones, I like Subway and Quiznos, although they're expensive so I don't eat there much. I used to get free food at a local Subway, but the manager who was my friend's granddad retired. McDonald's is good if you're looking for cheap food, and can be tasty sometimes depending on mood. I've gotten food poisoning at Wendy's on three seperate occassions, so I don't eat there generally. If I want a good, quality burger I go to Hardee's. Arby's is good, but our local one is kind of... not great.

Llamas
08-10-2007, 11:09 PM
There's a Chick Fil A at the University of Minnesota. You gotta get your facts straight... :P There's also one about 20 minutes from my house here. I had it a few times... wasn't really a fan, tbh. I think what I mostly had was chicken sandwiches, and while I love chicken, I've never been much a fan of breaded chicken.

All About Eve
08-10-2007, 11:10 PM
You have to learn what a hyperbole is.

Llamas
08-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Hyperboles are obviously false exaggerations... like I tried a thousand times... saying that Chick Fil A only exists in the southern US is not an obvious exaggeration... most people would've been likely to believe you.

All About Eve
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Jesus, that's the point, because they hardly exist anywhere else. It's a hyperbole, exaggeration, whatever.

And either way, I gaurantee you it's not the same in Minnesota as it is here.

sKratch
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
The most interesting interest in my mind is that you say the Big Bacon Classic contains catsup while the baconator uses ketchup.

Haha I was just being consciously pretentious when I said "catsup" because I remembered that ketchup is a trademark. I guess I zonked on the other one.

And hey guys remember this thread when it was about the big bacon classic :[ (i don't actually care, but i was wondering if you can still order it by name even though it's not on the menu now.)

Lizardus
08-10-2007, 11:39 PM

Wendy's is so good you can taste the difference.

Llamas
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Jesus, that's the point, because they hardly exist anywhere else. It's a hyperbole, exaggeration, whatever.

And either way, I gaurantee you it's not the same in Minnesota as it is here.

I dunno, I had it when I was in the south, also and it tasted the same. And it's totally noooot a hyperbole.

Haha I was just being consciously pretentious when I said "catsup" because I remembered that ketchup is a trademark. I guess I zonked on the other one.

And hey guys remember this thread when it was about the big bacon classic :[ (i don't actually care, but i was wondering if you can still order it by name even though it's not on the menu now.)

Ketchup is a trademark?? Really? Wow, I never knew that. I thought it was just a dialectual choice. Do you know who owns the trademark?

And sorry, I don't think anyone was as into the big bacon classic as you were. Sorry that Wendy's ruined your life... bastards.

sKratch
08-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I believe Heinz owns the trademark. To tell you the truth, I could basing this shit off rumors but I recall hearing within the last year that "catsup" comes from the fact that "ketchup" is trademarked.
Edit:
Just looked around google and found no evidence of being correct.

Llamas
08-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Now I'm interested... haha. I wonder how so many companies get away with using it if it's trademarked. Maybe they sold it? Hmm. I feel the need to investigate this further.

edit: searching on google causes me to believe that it's a rumor. Wiki says that ketchup was originally a generic term for sauce.

edit 2: this sounds disgusting. http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=2692

nieh
08-11-2007, 05:52 AM
Amen, brother. However, the Southern United States area is the only place in the world with them. Can you believe that the majority of northerners have never had a chicken buscuit & sweet tea breakfast from Chik-Fil-A?

Their chick-n-mini breakfast thing is amazing. As are their milkshakes.

All About Eve
08-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Their chick-n-mini breakfast thing is amazing. As are their milkshakes.
Pretty much. Their fries are my favorites as well.

And I know they have them other places, but it's practically a culture thing here. Oh, and sweet tea is definitely a southerner-only thing (for the most part fuk u llammafag) and yet it's one of the most delicious things ever created.

nieh
08-11-2007, 06:37 AM
I can't stand sweet tea. You can't even taste the tea part of it, it just tastes like someone just dumped a bunch of sugar into water and started bottling it. And this is coming from someone who only drinks almost nothing but Nestea cool iced tea and powdered iced tea mix, so if I'm complaining about sugar in it, there's something wrong.

ninthlayer
08-11-2007, 06:42 AM
I don't recall there being any ridiculous amount of sugar in the tea, but it's been years since I worked at Chick-Fil-A. The lemonade on the other hand, oh boy sugary goodness.

Tuesdays at Chick-Fil-A are Kid's Night btw. #1 with no pickles and a kid's meal is fucking delicious.

All About Eve
08-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Sweet tea's tea flavor isn't obvious unless you've drank it a whole lot. Nestea cooled ice tea or whatever is very different, actually.

Oh, and agreed on the lemonade/number one with no pickles.

nieh
08-11-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm not sure if I've ever had the tea at Chick-Fil-A, I was just commenting on the difference between iced tea and sweet tea in general. I'm not sure which Chick-fil-a normally carries but I wouldn't be surprised if it changes based on the location of that particular store.

All About Eve
08-11-2007, 06:51 AM
I have cases in my town of two of the same restaraunt carrying different drinks.

ninthlayer
08-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Chick-Fil-A sweet tea is made on site. I think they use Lipton Tea packs.

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm disappointed in those of you who eat at Taco Bell willingly.

sKratch
08-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I pity people who are forced into eating Taco Bell against their will, or forced into anything else for that matter (My new hobby: Indirectly referencing unintended and possibly far fetched implications of people's statements).

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2007, 10:23 AM
: |

That_Guy91
08-11-2007, 10:25 AM

:'( .

All About Eve
08-11-2007, 10:48 AM

omg ur jus mad cuz dey do mexican food better den u.

WebDudette
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
On the subject of Chick-Fil-A. We get chicken sandwiches from there at my school once a week.

wheelchairman
08-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I've always loved Arby's, what great fucking meat. Was a treat as a kid.