PDA

View Full Version : iPhone?

Markus
08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
do you all love your iPhones as much as I love mine???

yes? no?

why? why not?

Meg
08-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Iphone to me = waste of money. I mean, in all honesty, what has it got that any other phone hasn't got? Nearly all phones these days have internet, music player and other such gimicky gizmos...

nieh
08-13-2007, 07:27 AM
My phone is for talking and text messaging. Nothing more. Though I wouldn't mind having a camera on there, that's as 'fancy' as I'd be willing to go.

Meg
08-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Same. I prefer to have the necessities on a phone, but cameras are definately good. PLus I like to be able to listen to music, but I wouldn't get an Iphone.

Markus
08-13-2007, 07:30 AM
true, however I believe no other phone has such an advanced web browser that allows you to view full websites (instead of condensed limited pages like on other phones ie. Blackberry)

I just love how simple it is to navigate with just the touch of my finger!

Meg
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
mate... You can do that on a computer just as easily

Markus
08-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Same. I prefer to have the necessities on a phone, but cameras are definately good. PLus I like to be able to listen to music, but I wouldn't get an Iphone.

welll.......the iPhone has a much better camera than can be found on most cell phones (eventhough it's just 2.0 mega pixels). music?? the iPhone is also the same as a 8gb iPod.

sounds like the iPhone would be perfect for you

Markus
08-13-2007, 07:37 AM
yes but you also cant carry your computer, your camera, your phone, and your ipod all in one pocket.....but the iPhone allows you to do that.

Meg
08-13-2007, 07:44 AM
So do many other phones. Which is why I don't understand why such a bloody fuss has been made over them. they're exactly the same as any other phone only with a slightly bigger capacity :p

Markus
08-13-2007, 07:54 AM
So do many other phones.

you are horribly mistaken. yes some phones allow u to do those things but at many compromises. the iPhone does it all with very little compromise to the features, with a very sleek style, and a nice and simple touch screen (NO MORE SCROLLING through menus!!!!)

Meg
08-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Eek...I hate touch screen. it freaks me out for some reason

Z-Speak
08-13-2007, 08:01 AM
mate... You can do that on a computer just as easily

Yes....but you can't carry a 50 pound computer with you while traveling.

0r4ng3
08-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I think the iPhone is a neat idea, but I wouldn't get it first generation. I wouldn't get anything first generation. I hear it has some problems to be worked out.

Meg
08-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Everything has problems that need to be worked out. to be honest sony ericsson phones ar pretty damned good. i've had them for over two years now, and I want to keep using them. My dad was supposed to be getting the Iphone as an upgrade, but he can't decided whetehr he really wants it or not

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2007, 08:29 AM
I just don't think it's worth the money, plus I wouldn't wanna switch networks. I guess if you don't already own all that other shit, it's cool...but I don't even see the point in having yet ANOTHER gadget that does shit that a whole bunch of other gadgets I own already do perfectly well.

And they're all small too!

Meg
08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I just don't think it's worth the money, plus I wouldn't wanna switch networks. I guess if you don't already own all that other shit, it's cool...but I don't even see the point in having yet ANOTHER gadget that does shit that a whole bunch of other gadgets I own already do perfectly well.

And they're all small too!

^ agreed

(10)

Markus
08-13-2007, 08:54 AM
but I don't even see the point in having yet ANOTHER gadget that does shit that a whole bunch of other gadgets I own already do perfectly well.

true, but its convenient.

i.e: CD players were great products, good quality sound....however having to drag around a case of 100 cds is a hassle.....enter the ipod, plays music just like portable cd players but in a much more convenient way.

Endymion
08-13-2007, 09:37 AM
i'll never get one.
a) i have a laptop, and it does far, far, far more than the iphone can do (and i use that functionality, too).
b) i have a phone, it works quite well, it's small, and it's cheap.
c) i have a camera, 7.1 mp, works wonderfully, and it's really small.
d) i have an ipod, 60 gig, and i'm using over 50 of that, so the iphone would just make me have to carry less music.

wheelchairman
08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I have a huuuuuuge cock.

but I can't get an erection so I made this thread.

Sunny
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
i'd honestly love to get an iphone, because i love the concept and i like shiny things. gadget whore? sure, whatever. =p

however, it's a first gen apple product and a whole new technology. from what i've learned about first gen apple stuff... well... it's better to wait til v2.0. i know quite a few people who have iphones and theirs already crapped out and had to be sent back. no thx.

additionally, it's too expensive for what it is (8 Gb? no GPS? bitch please), the keyboard lags like a mother fucker and i can't seem to hit the right (tiny) keys... and i have small hands, so go figure. not to mention you can't turn off the "intelligent text" feature that tries to guess what you're trying to type... beyond annoying.

as i said in a previous iphone thread, the blackberry 8800 pwns the iphone so far. i'm sure the iphone will be totally sweet in like a year or so, though.

Jakebert
08-13-2007, 10:26 AM
true, however I believe no other phone has such an advanced web browser that allows you to view full websites (instead of condensed limited pages like on other phones ie. Blackberry)

I just love how simple it is to navigate with just the touch of my finger!

YOU ARE INCORRECT. Nokia E7 has all of that on it, and without all of the bugs that the iPhone has. And it's cheaper. And it comes without the guilt of being associated with obnoxious Apple fanboys who take their merchandise way too seriously.

I hate to link to Maddox articles in a post since that's so 2002, but he wrote a really good article comparing the two here. (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone)

Sunny
08-13-2007, 10:28 AM
ah, so PC users are just as insecure about their image as Mac users are... good to know. :]

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2007, 11:27 AM
ah, so PC users are just as insecure about their image as Mac users are... good to know. :]

I knew this even before I made the jump to my iBook! Fuckin' PC users. Fuckin' Mac users.

It's just so obvious that one's preference should be linked to the various pros and cons of either OS, and that different people are into different things. But being image-conscious? That's one aspect I'll never quite get.

Also reminds me of a girl who told me I was being sheeplike cause I own an iPod. I was like "ummm, this is 5th generation, so that throws the trend argument out the window". I needs my music!

Tizzalicious
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Most people I know hate the users, not the equipment.

-Per

HeadAroundU
08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
What's the best phone with camera and mp3 player right now? I don't need teh internetz...

Sunny
08-13-2007, 11:58 AM
how about the motorazr maxx or whatever it's called? 2 megapixel camera and 2Gb of memory i believe...

Sunny
08-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Also reminds me of a girl who told me I was being sheeplike cause I own an iPod. I was like "ummm, this is 5th generation, so that throws the trend argument out the window". I needs my music!

this reminds me... remember that sheep ad campaign that was trying to sell some kind of an mp3 player? a bunch of sheep wearing ipod headphones?

it was so successful that i forgot which p.o.s it was advertising... lol.

HeadAroundU
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
how about the motorazr maxx or whatever it's called? 2 megapixel camera and 2Gb of memory i believe...
Thanx.

I'm impressed by this phone:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4423143
3.2 megapixel
4 GB expandable memory
video recording

I'll buy something similar one day. It's probably very expensive now. I have got the old Nokia 3510 without colours. I love the idea of putting so many featuters into one little thing.

Endymion
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM
i didn't know the e70 had putty on it... now i'm very seriously considering it.

Jack-UK
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Wow a great product :rolleyes: ...

Its touch screen so after a few minutes it smudges into shit.
They had the ingenious idea of merging and phone and an Ipod.
In other words its a phone with an MP3 player. Just like any other phone which can be purchased within the past 5 years.

Lets all go out and spend. :rolleyes:

Professor Chaos
08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Let's roll our eyes some more first. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sunny
08-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow a great product :rolleyes: ...

Its touch screen so after a few minutes it smudges into shit.

actually it really doesn't unless you have particularly greasy paws (ew).

SkunkIt
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I only use my phone for talking but since my MP3 player broke, I got a phone with an MP3 player in it, to save money. I got the phone almost a year ago and I still haven't put in the music chip, because I have no idea how. My phone was originally one of those phones that slides but that one fried in the sun and stupid verizon picked out a phone on their own for me and it was a shitty dolce gabanna moto razr.

The last thing i care about really is fashion and I never heard of dolce gabanna, till i got the phone. i hate it, eventime i turn it on or off, some voice yells, "dolce gabanna", with some shitty music. It also freezes now, cut off and loses signal more than the worst phones do. I would not however, foolishly waste 600.00 on a phone with useless features I will never use and that will be discontinued in less about a year or less.

Lodat225
08-15-2007, 07:48 AM
How much are they paying you Markus to say all that?

I hate phones. I have already damaged like 4. My Zune rules, though.

Sunny
08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
ahahah he does sound like he's getting paid. except in reality, all he's saying is "hi guys, i spent $600 on a phone, weeeee, LOOK YOU GUYS, $600, i'm ballin out".

so amazing.

Endymion
08-15-2007, 11:29 AM
hay gwouyz, i pay 957 a month for rent! i'm looooooaded!

nieh
08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I only pay $625 a month for rent =,0(

Omni
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
YOU ARE INCORRECT. Nokia E7 has all of that on it, and without all of the bugs that the iPhone has. And it's cheaper. And it comes without the guilt of being associated with obnoxious Apple fanboys who take their merchandise way too seriously.

I hate to link to Maddox articles in a post since that's so 2002, but he wrote a really good article comparing the two here. (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone)

Goddammit you beat me to it :-(

Markus
08-15-2007, 09:23 PM
actually i don't have one, i was just showing off my new ability to create competent threads.

Markus
08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
However I do believe the iPhone is a great concept, with a few flaws.....1) only one service provider and 2) the expensive price

All in all I feel its for the greater good (that being the consumer). By raising the bar high it will improve the overall quality of new cell phones being manufactured. I also feel the high price of the iPhone will lower the prices of competing phones.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I want an iPhone because:

a) I need a new phone, mine sucks
b) I need a new mp3 player, mines broken
(not only does it play mp3's but video's and movies too)
c) Internet and GPS on-the-go, makes life easier

Llamas
08-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I would only consider getting an iphone if I simultaneously needed a new phone/server, a new camera, and a new mp3 player. Because sure, $600 for that is about the same price as getting them all separately.

Endymion
08-15-2007, 10:15 PM
GPS on-the-go, makes life easier

the iphone doesn't have gps.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-16-2007, 09:52 PM
the iphone doesn't have gps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw1RfihsOqk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw1RfihsOqk)

=/

Endymion
08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
that video is a mockup from january. just look it up on the iphone features, no GPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphone#Absent_features

.:SMASH:.
08-18-2007, 12:39 AM
you are horribly mistaken. yes some phones allow u to do those things but at many compromises. the iPhone does it all with very little compromise to the features, with a very sleek style, and a nice and simple touch screen (NO MORE SCROLLING through menus!!!!)

Do work for Apple or something?

Kitten
08-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Do work for Apple or something?

Do you read whole threads before responding to them?

ZagmenO
08-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I hate the iphone.

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I hate the iphone.

'Cause you can't watch streaming videos on it, right?

That reminds me of the time I used a grill to fry up some yogurt. My grill back home fries up chicken, fish, and beef just right, but for some reason this other fucking grill wouldn't fry up my yogurt. What a piece of shit. DOWN WITH GRILLS!!!

...you get what I'm sayin'?

Alleviate
08-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I like the look of the Iphone, but at the end of the day it seems typical Apple style, Looks good, overpriced and definately gonna be upgraded soon leaving the poor suckers who bought it with inferior technology.