PDA

View Full Version : The Official Sum 41 Thread

RODNEYMULLEN
08-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I used the search button and no official sum 41 threads came up so i'm going to make one. Sum 41 is my 2nd favorite band. Offspring is obviously my first. I really like sum 41, what do you guys think about them? And what do you think about thier new album.

Forza
08-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Their EP 'Half Hour of Power' showed potential. Sadly, they did not progress.

Jakebert
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Couldn't you have just used the other Sum 41 thread that you bump every single time you come here? I don't see how you need 2 threads.

nameless
08-15-2007, 02:43 PM
ive got nothing against them, they arent one of those bands i absolutely cant stand but im just not that into them! i think they were fortunate to have their "breakthrough" at the time they did. songs like fat lip and in too deep just wouldnt have cut it over the last few years!

.:SMASH:.
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Underclass Hero fucking rocks!

Go Sum 41!

My Fav songs are Walking Disaster, Dear Father, The Jester and Pull the Curtain.

bouncingcoles
08-15-2007, 05:44 PM
i think the new album is garbage. a desperate attempt to get people to like them again. they are like green days little brother band now.

.:SMASH:.
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
i think the new album is garbage. a desperate attempt to get people to like them again. they are like green days little brother band now.

That is completely ignorant and childish.

This is what they wanted to do, they had no influence from green day or blink 182 or any crap like that, they just made an album - a good one.

Argh. It makes me mad that people like you exist

DeAtHsTaR
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
http://sarongpartyfrens.com/wp-content/coldsum.mp3

Lawl. On your left speaker is "The Scientist" by Coldplay. On your right is "Pieces" by Sum 41.

Now, I love Sum 41, but they are possibly the least original band in the world.

bouncingcoles
08-17-2007, 03:09 PM

This is what they wanted to do, they had no influence from green day or blink 182 or any crap like that, they just made an album - a good one.

the album is a desperate attempt to get popular again. it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. some of those songs even sound like Billie Joe wrote the songs for them.

0r4ng3
08-17-2007, 04:35 PM
You make it sound like they're supposed to make people dislike them. To me it doesn't sound like they're trying too hard. They're writing what they write, simple as that. I think that Chuck was a more of a tryhard effort, anyway.

Jakebert
08-17-2007, 06:27 PM

This post confuses me. How was what he said ignorant and childish? Even if you disagree with him, his opinion is still a valid one that is completely understandable. It's not like he said "omgz sum 41 swim naked with gerbils cause dey are faggots" or something.

I think he has a valid point, too. While I don't know a whole lot about Sum 41, I can see exactly where he's coming from. They've regressed musicially, so that's a natural conclusion to make. Not that they ever made a huge jump in terms of experimenting or whatever, but still.

Thomas
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
They are one of those bands that should be a lot better than they are. Actually, now that Brown Sound left, they have nothing at all. Their career went to a humongo crash and burn (more than just about any other band I've ever seen). Most bands tend to fade or go out with a band, but they just got hit by a surface to air missle and plummetted to their untimely demise.

Llamas
08-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Wow, The Scientist and Pieces sound so similar. Crazy. But most of Chuck sounded like they stole ideas from other bands. I still really liked that album.

I keep hearing from many Sum 41 fans that the new album sounds like American Idiot 2.

Thomas
08-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Most of All Killer No FIller seemed to be stolen from other bands, so I'm thinking it's a continuing trend of theirs.

mrconeman
08-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say that one of their latest singles - whatever it's called - sounds so ridiculously like their old song "fat lip". That for a bit I honestly thought it was a self parody.

Musical regression was the best term to use, and I really do think they are trying to re-hatch an old formula that got them popular in the first place, it's just that the world at large doesn't really care anymore. Of which I approve.

Thomas
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, that song Underclass Hero or whatever was basically a mix between 2, 3, or 4 other Sum 41 songs. The only thing they had going for them was the guitar playing, and now Dave left and they have nothing left.

Llamas
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, underclass hero was ripped off from an earlier b-side, I heard. Anyone else hear that?

0r4ng3
08-17-2007, 09:11 PM
They "re-worked" the chorus from Subject To Change, a b-side from Chuck.

Thomas
08-17-2007, 09:24 PM
*cough* with the vocal melody from Fat Lip *cough*

*shifty eyes*

BustedKnuckles
08-17-2007, 10:00 PM
*cough* with the vocal melody from Fat Lip *cough*

*shifty eyes*

Oh...I think it's time to dredge the old posts and bring back one of my oldie yet goodies.

Ok, so this is what we have so far.

Underclass Hero is Fat Lip revamed. Why do I say this?

Notice not the similarity of lyrics, but rather the ideaology behind each song.

Fat Lip

I dont want to waste my time
Become aother casualty of society.
Ill never fall in line
Become another victim of your conformity
And back down.

Underclass Hero

Well I won’t be caught living in a dead end job
Afraid to a government content cause
No sense against them
We’re here to represent
And stare right in the face of the establishment.

Well because we're doing fine
And we don't need to be told
That we're doing fine
Cause we won't give you control
And we don't need anything from you
Cause we'll be just fine
And we won't be bought and sold
Just like you

Underclass Hero is a much more politically driven song than Fat Lip, however both songs pretty much deal with giving the bird to groups of people set over others: The government and adults placed in positions over children.

Both Underclass's and Fat Lip's music videos could easily be confused by one another. Both feature the band playing amoung a crowd of rowdy adolecents, although Underclass features a fire and the fact it was filmed at "night."

Speaking of the Devil is a blatent rip off of the Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil, a much better and well crafted song.

Here is Sum 41's Speaking of lyrics

I've seen many a face
From young and too old
I've stolen their faith and I have broken their souls
Was here before Christ had forgave you your sins
And paid your price and sealed your fate within
Days have come to an end
Today's the day that we meet again
The self inflicted inebriation guilt never lies

Now here are the Rolling Stone's lyrics

Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate

and later

Just call me lucifer
cause Im in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or Ill lay your soul to waste, um yeah

March of the Dogs opens with a spoken bit in AM mono...or whatever it's called, and is a politically driven song. Sound familer? It should. Holiday by Green Day does the exact same thing, although it does not open with the spoken.

Here is a line from Holiday that makes me wonder exactly where from Deryk (sp?) got his inspiration.

Hear the dogs howling out of key
To a hymn called "Faith and Misery" (Hey!)
And bleed, the company lost the war today

Plus we have Best of Me sounding like Hoobastank and Dear Father like Blink-182.

Good job Sum 41.

There you go.

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Am I the only one that has a problem with the fact that Sum 41 steal and rip off other bands? I don't understand how people have become so accepting of that fact. If Green Day had ripped off as many other bands as Sum 41, I'm sure this whole off topic section would be foaming at the mouth.

0r4ng3
08-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Because not that many people care about Sum 41 as they do Green Day.

Also, rabid Offspring fanboys don't perceive any rivalry between Sum 41 and The Offspring, so it's left alone.

Thomas
08-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Because not that many people care about Sum 41 as they do Green Day.

Also, rabid Offspring fanboys don't perceive any rivalry between Sum 41 and The Offspring, so it's left alone.

You'd think that they would be more of a rival, though, because both are a type of pop-punk with some metal influence in them, ya know?

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Even with that though, I'd kind of hope that people wouldn't be so accepting of it. One of my biggest pet peeves in ab and is one that lacks the capability of being original, and here we have a band that's entire career is basically based on stolen songs.

Thomas
08-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Not every band is gonna be good, ya know?

T-6005
08-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Sum 41 were really an alright band for a while. This new album really sucks, though. I liked the original version of the song that became the single tons more than this one. And I have to say that although I enjoy Speak of the Devil, everything else on the album is absolute trash. I did indeed find myself thinking of Green Day and Blink-182 as I listened to it, and that made me sad. I've been on Sum 41's side for a while, because I enjoy listening to them and think that people stretch a bit far when they talk about them stealing songs, but this is just terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe Deryck Whibley should ask Avril for help in targeting preteens.

Thomas
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I definitely enjoy listening to Sum-41, but it's really hard to ignore how much they've taken from other bands and how much they've regressed over the years.

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Not every band is gonna be good, ya know?

But...if they're not good, why are you listening? That's kind of my whole point.

Forza
08-19-2007, 02:47 AM
Listen to the piano ending in "Pull the curtain"!

First one to find out what it's very much similar to!

Sounds like We're all to blame. Which is a rip of BYOB by System of a Down. So technically, it's a rip of a rip.

Llamas
08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
they are possibly the least original band in the world.

Wow, The Scientist and Pieces sound so similar. Crazy. But most of Chuck sounded like they stole ideas from other bands. I still really liked that album.

I keep hearing from many Sum 41 fans that the new album sounds like American Idiot 2.

Most of All Killer No FIller seemed to be stolen from other bands, so I'm thinking it's a continuing trend of theirs.

I just wanted to pop in and say that one of their latest singles - whatever it's called - sounds so ridiculously like their old song "fat lip". That for a bit I honestly thought it was a self parody.

Musical regression was the best term to use, and I really do think they are trying to re-hatch an old formula that got them popular in the first place, it's just that the world at large doesn't really care anymore. Of which I approve.

Oh, underclass hero was ripped off from an earlier b-side, I heard. Anyone else hear that?

Am I the only one that has a problem with the fact that Sum 41 steal and rip off other bands?

Yes, Jakebert. Clearly none of these other posts made before you involved people having a problem with the fact that they rip off stuff and are unoriginal...

Even with that though, I'd kind of hope that people wouldn't be so accepting of it. One of my biggest pet peeves in ab and is one that lacks the capability of being original, and here we have a band that's entire career is basically based on stolen songs.
Entire career? They've had I think 4 or 5 albums... two of said albums contain material that people think sounds like it could be stolen. That's quite a sweeping claim you make.

Sounds like We're all to blame. Which is a rip of BYOB by System of a Down. So technically, it's a rip of a rip.
I like to split hairs. It's a rip of Chop Suey! by System of a Down... not BYOB.

0r4ng3
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Entire career? They've had I think 4 or 5 albums... two of said albums contain material that people think sounds like it could be stolen. That's quite a sweeping claim you make
True. While All Killer No Filler was mostly boring, I don't recall blatant copyness. And Does This Look Infected was pretty good, despite a couple of similarities with other songs. It seems that only recently that they've been copying songs more and more.

Alleviate
08-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I think I agree with a few other people in this thread in saying that I thought "Does this look infected" was quite good (though heavily Offspring influenced, which I heard Deryck say a while back), so maybe thats why I liked it. At least though when Sum 41 copy songs they do a mediocre to good job of it. Unlike Good Charlotte's blatant Green Day copying pretty much since they started, which they still cant get right.

0r4ng3
08-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Green Day? I always figured they were a poppy AFI/Alkaline Trio influenced debacle.

Alleviate
08-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Green Day? I always figured they were a poppy AFI/Alkaline Trio influenced debacle.They might have a few influences, but a few times Joel Madden has listed Green Day as his favourite band and biggest influence, hes even quoted it in Green Day's biography. However, it wouldn't suprise me they rip off a whole lotta other shit to. Young and the hopeless could have been passed off as a shit Green Day album.

Jakebert
08-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, Jakebert. Clearly none of these other posts made before you involved people having a problem with the fact that they rip off stuff and are unoriginal...

Actually, they really didn't seem to have a problem. They seemed to accept it and say it's ok. I don't understand how someone could like a band that they admit steals and is incredibly generic.

They mentioned that stuff is stolen, but they didn't seem to have a problem with it. That was my point. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Entire career? They've had I think 4 or 5 albums... two of said albums contain material that people think sounds like it could be stolen. That's quite a sweeping claim you make.

The only album of there's I haven't heard is the first one, and everything I've heard from them sounds like stuff I've heard before. Even when I bough "All Killer No Filler" at 13 and knowing very little about music, I thought it sounded incredibly similar to just about every pop-punk album I'd heard up until that point. And not in the "the Offspring kind of reminds me of the Vandals" way.

Forza
08-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I like to split hairs. It's a rip of Chop Suey! by System of a Down... not BYOB.

Apologies for that. Mixed up the names of those songs.

@Jake:

I don't think there's a problem in 'ripping' songs, as long as you give a unique twist to it. It sometimes yields a better result that the original version and that's a good thing, isn't it? That's for 'ripping' in general. Sum 41 did not succeed to make something better than the song they ripped of, yet I find the songs fairly enjoyable and therefore have no problem with it.

DeAtHsTaR
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Green Day? I always figured they were a poppy AFI/Alkaline Trio influenced debacle.

AFI? What the hell?

Llamas
08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
I have a problem with it... to an extent. I'm not torn either way. On one hand, it's lame for a band to be that unoriginal that they have to use ideas from other music and bands. At the same time, so what? If they heard something they liked, and had a great idea for that thing they heard to make a great song, who cares? When a band rips off a song and then gets called on it and doesn't admit to it or cough up, then that's shitty. They should at least put something in the liner notes about it, say that the song was inspired by another song. But I'm not going to hate a band and refuse to listen to them SOLELY because of that. At the same time, I won't ever purchase one of their albums or go see them in concert.

It gets tricky, though. I'm a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I own several of their albums. Then they ripped off Tom Petty. What am I gonna do now? Sell all my albums and stop liking them? And Dexter ripped off that one song to write that shitty Puffy Ami Yumi (or whatever) song... am I just gonna stop liking the Offspring and get rid of my albums? No. They screwed up, they did something unoriginal and kinda shady, but everyone does stupid shit. It's enough for me to "have a problem" with it, but also to move on and enjoy the music.

0r4ng3
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
AFI? What the hell?
I'm mostly talking about how they look.

Jakebert
08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I have a problem with it... to an extent. I'm not torn either way. On one hand, it's lame for a band to be that unoriginal that they have to use ideas from other music and bands. At the same time, so what? If they heard something they liked, and had a great idea for that thing they heard to make a great song, who cares? When a band rips off a song and then gets called on it and doesn't admit to it or cough up, then that's shitty. They should at least put something in the liner notes about it, say that the song was inspired by another song. But I'm not going to hate a band and refuse to listen to them SOLELY because of that. At the same time, I won't ever purchase one of their albums or go see them in concert.

It gets tricky, though. I'm a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I own several of their albums. Then they ripped off Tom Petty. What am I gonna do now? Sell all my albums and stop liking them? And Dexter ripped off that one song to write that shitty Puffy Ami Yumi (or whatever) song... am I just gonna stop liking the Offspring and get rid of my albums? No. They screwed up, they did something unoriginal and kinda shady, but everyone does stupid shit. It's enough for me to "have a problem" with it, but also to move on and enjoy the music.

I see a huge difference between Sum 41 and the Offspring or RHCP. They did it once or twice, seemingly by accident. Sum 41 seem to do it so much that it's commonly known amongt music fans, similar to Mencia in the comedy world.

It's not that band has to be incredibly original. I like the Alkaline Trio, Pedro the Lion, and other bands that aren't amazingly original. But they still write really good songs. The reason I have no respect for Sum 41 is that they seem to lack the ability to write good songs, so they steal. I don't see it as being inspired by, because usually being inspired by means that you take a general theme, idea, or sound and incorporate it into something that you're doing. Not flat out take the exact melody from the song.

Llamas
08-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I see a huge difference between Sum 41 and the Offspring or RHCP. They did it once or twice, seemingly by accident. I don't think either could be seemingly on accident...

It's not that band has to be incredibly original. I like the Alkaline Trio, Pedro the Lion, and other bands that aren't amazingly original. But they still write really good songs. The reason I have no respect for Sum 41 is that they seem to lack the ability to write good songs, so they steal. I don't see it as being inspired by, because usually being inspired by means that you take a general theme, idea, or sound and incorporate it into something that you're doing. Not flat out take the exact melody from the song.

This is a gross exaggeration. I can't think of any of their songs where they stole an exact melody from another song. All the songs I can think of that were "ripped off" were not even close to exact copies. Can you please give me examples of these exact melodies they stole?

Also, sure, Sum 41 isn't exactly awesome at writing songs... but I think their original songs aren't terrible. They're just typical pop punk songs, but it's not like they take ideas because they can't write their own songs. In fact, on the album that had so much "theft", it was like 3 or 4 songs out of like 14 that had notions of stuff being stolen. So you're making sweeping claims again... 3 or 4 songs could easily be accidental, just as much as RHCP or Offspring. Ever try writing songs? I've written a few songs, and then realized months later that, no wonder that melody came so easy, it's from a song that's already been done. It's happened a good 2 or 3 times, and I've only written 12-15 songs total.

bouncingcoles
08-20-2007, 10:26 PM
This post confuses me. How was what he said ignorant and childish? Even if you disagree with him, his opinion is still a valid one that is completely understandable. It's not like he said "omgz sum 41 swim naked with gerbils cause dey are faggots" or something.

I think he has a valid point, too. While I don't know a whole lot about Sum 41, I can see exactly where he's coming from. They've regressed musicially, so that's a natural conclusion to make. Not that they ever made a huge jump in terms of experimenting or whatever, but still.

thank you jakebert

Tijs
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Ripping off or not, I'm addicted to "Count Your Last Blessings".

nameless
08-27-2007, 02:51 PM
even a reviewer in kerrang mentioned them "ripping off" (if you can call it that) green day and blink 182! i havent heard the new album but they have apparently put some ballads on and have an accoustic song in the hope of it being the next good riddance. they reviewer also mentioned that the song writing was very much lacking!

i think sum 41 have had their fair share of luck but i cant see it continuing on the level they are at. that kind of pop punk is just going to fade out from the mainstream now!

T-6005
08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
There's an acoustic song at the very end of the album I quite liked. Even if it was ripped off, which I have no idea about.

The only song I really liked off the album was Speak of the Devil, and it doesn't do enough. It starts out nice and then, in predictable fashion, delves into a traditional blaring-guitar pop-punk track. If they'd get the vocal harmonies going the entire time, they might actually have had an interesting song.

bouncingcoles
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
i highly doubt sum 41 try to copy other bands songs. if they did they would never have made it this far. sum 41 have never really done anything groundbreaking. they just use pop punk formulas that shit bands like green day and blink-182 have already done. basically just recycle old ideas. but they never straight up rip off bands and if they did they would not get away with it since there would be lawsuits

DeAtHsTaR
08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I just found another possible rip-off.

Listen to "Boxcar" by Jawbreaker, and "Motivation" by Sum 41.

0r4ng3
08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh, I've known that one for a while. Also included: She's A Rebel by Green Day.

and the other day I heard a My Chemical Romance song that sounded exactly like The Jester. I don't know which song it was, but I'm sure it was from their new album.

DeAtHsTaR
08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh, I've known that one for a while. Also included: She's A Rebel by Green Day.

Molly's Lips by The Vaselines/Nirvana has the riff too. But I mean, listen to Motivation while singing Boxcar. (The first 4 lines)

DeAtHsTaR
08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
and the other day I heard a My Chemical Romance song that sounded exactly like The Jester. I don't know which song it was, but I'm sure it was from their new album.

I hear it, but I'm not sure about what song...was it The Sharpest Lives?

0r4ng3
08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Hell if I know, I don't remember the name. I'll look for it, though.

Edit: No, it's not that song. The choruses sounded exactly the same.

Edit2: It's House of Wolves.

DeAtHsTaR
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Holy shit, it is.

They both have the word "Grave" at the end of lines too.

Smash punker
02-18-2008, 05:32 AM
I used the search button and no official sum 41 threads came up so i'm going to make one. Sum 41 is my 2nd favorite band. Offspring is obviously my first. I really like sum 41, what do you guys think about them? And what do you think about thier new album.

I liked Sum 41 before, but then they screwed up really bad! But I heard they are back with their latest album:D My friend is the fan of the band too. He was at the concert in Germany and really enjoyed it.

RageAndLov
03-11-2008, 04:51 AM
the only thing that is cool with sum 41 is that the band says they're not punk: "it is too many rules to follow". And that is so fucking true!
They must be the first pop rock band to admit that they're NOT PUNK, and that is really admirable :D

they have one kinda cool song, no brains, rest is fjortisspunk

RageAndLov
03-11-2008, 05:03 AM
I'm mostly talking about how they look.

oh, you mean like a tranny?

dff_punk
03-11-2008, 04:37 PM
You mean The Jester from Sum 41 and House Of Wolves from MCR.. that's really similar choruses... but they are good whatsoever :)

dff_punk
03-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Also, listen to the main riff on "Still Waiting" and then on "Dammit I Changed Again"... now this is very similar... wouldn't say "rip-off" cause i kinda like Sum 41.

nameless
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I liked Sum 41 before, but then they screwed up really bad! But I heard they are back with their latest album:D My friend is the fan of the band too. He was at the concert in Germany and really enjoyed it.

apparently they have been quite good on their last tour which surprised me considering they used to get slated for ripping off green day and blink 182 with parts of their performance and also that they are a member down!

bouncingcoles
03-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Also, listen to the main riff on "Still Waiting" and then on "Dammit I Changed Again"... now this is very similar... wouldn't say "rip-off" cause i kinda like Sum 41.

that riff has been recycled so many goddamn times. its a riff that is easy to make good melodies to

Ryder1234
03-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I really like sum 41

I Dis-Approve

dff_punk
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
its a riff that is easy to make good melodies to

Agreed. That riff is one of the best things that happened to music imho.

Gustavo
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
So, there's gonna be a webcast of Sum 41's performance at T-Mobile this Sunday, for those of you who are interested: http://www.t-mobile-playgrounds.de/de/page/24/26id/2124/news_detailansicht.html

14:00 - 15:00 Mountainbike Slopestyle - 1st Round
15:00 - 15:45 BMX Dirt Jump - 1st Round
15:45 - 16:45 LIVE: Sum 41
16:45 - 17:15 BMX Dirt Jump - 2nd Round
17:15 - 17:30 BMX - Xbox 360 Contest
17:45 - 18:15 Mountainbike Slopestyle - 2nd Round
18:15 - 18:30 Mountainbike - Xbox 360 Contest
18:45 - 19:45 LIVE: AFI
20:00 - 20:30 Mountainbike Slopestyle - Final Four
20:30 - 21:00 BMX Dirt Jump - Final Four
21:00 - 22:15 LIVE: Bad Religion

Blasian
04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
i used to hate Sum41 but grew to liking them. They have that fun summertime drive feel to them. Fat Lip, Motivation, In Too Deep, underclass Hero and No Reason are some of my fav songs. Didn't exactly LIKE their Underclass Hero album but after listening to it the other day i fell in love with Speak of the Devil and The Jester. everything else is meehh

wouldn't mind seeing an Offspring/Sum 41 collaboration:D

dff_punk
04-23-2010, 04:58 PM
You know, when I was at their concert in Vienna on tuesday, they played like, one song from Underclass Hero, and that was the punkiest one "King Of Contradiction". Maybe a sign that the new album will finally be heavier.. :)

Landon
04-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm a big fan of them, and I even I have to admit the copy a lot of other songs. There albums are all quite good nevertheless, with the exception of "Underclass Hero".

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
So, there's gonna be a webcast of Sum 41's performance at T-Mobile this Sunday, for those of you who are interested: http://www.t-mobile-playgrounds.de/de/page/24/26id/2124/news_detailansicht.html

14:00 - 15:00 Mountainbike Slopestyle - 1st Round
15:00 - 15:45 BMX Dirt Jump - 1st Round
15:45 - 16:45 LIVE: Sum 41
16:45 - 17:15 BMX Dirt Jump - 2nd Round
17:15 - 17:30 BMX - Xbox 360 Contest
17:45 - 18:15 Mountainbike Slopestyle - 2nd Round
18:15 - 18:30 Mountainbike - Xbox 360 Contest
18:45 - 19:45 LIVE: AFI
20:00 - 20:30 Mountainbike Slopestyle - Final Four
20:30 - 21:00 BMX Dirt Jump - Final Four
21:00 - 22:15 LIVE: Bad Religion

thanks for the set times i missed sum 41 but afi are going on now

offs55
04-25-2010, 10:06 AM
does anyone knows hoe to record this?

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2010, 10:12 AM
does anyone knows hoe to record this?

you can use replay media catcher

mrconeman
04-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I just wanted to pop back in and say that the greatest thing Sum 41 ever achieved was Pain for Pleasure.

cool 2 hate 681
06-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Bump

has anyone seen these pictures? lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2337674/Avril-Lavignes-ex-husband-Deryck-Whibley-displays-bloated-face-dodgy-flame-tipped-hair-Tom-Petty-concert.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/07/article-2337674-1A31A2EC000005DC-38_306x443.jpg

Mr. Punk Pirate
06-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Bump

has anyone seen these pictures? lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2337674/Avril-Lavignes-ex-husband-Deryck-Whibley-displays-bloated-face-dodgy-flame-tipped-hair-Tom-Petty-concert.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/07/article-2337674-1A31A2EC000005DC-38_306x443.jpg
Deryck looks weak in that picture.

dff_punk
06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Whoa, he looks like Fat Mike trying to go to the circus. Anyway, that's not the most important thing, what I want to know is whether Stevo already revealed somewhere the real/main reason for his departure? It's been like a month or two and I still don't understand why would the founding member and Deryck's biggest music counterpart in the band leave them.

Retard
06-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Probably because they haven't really put out a good album since Chuck, and that wasn't even that great.