PDA

View Full Version : Doom Question

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
You know in the first Doom when you beat Episode one, you go in that warp where you get killed? Then it says you're in the demios base, on the shores of hell. I don't get it, you're on the mars moon, how can you be in hell and why is i taboe hell.

H1T_That
08-15-2007, 02:00 PM
One feels you're looking way too much into it.

mrconeman
08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Iddqd
Idkfa

Endymion
08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
um, duh? interdimensional gateway to hell ring any bells?

T-6005
08-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Fact: All video games base their plots on absolute fact. This is a fact.

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
um, duh? interdimensional gateway to hell ring any bells?

Yes, but when you enter the portal, it says you arrive at Deimos, which is a moon of mars, not Hell. Later you find out the moon is floating above Hell. I still don't understand.

nieh
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
interdimensional gateway to hell

video games

video games

video games

Hi there.

T-6005
08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey nieh. Video games.

Endymion
08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
um, the moon was transported to orbit hell. what's the difficulty in understanding that?

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 04:07 PM
um, the moon was transported to orbit hell. what's the difficulty in understanding that?

I understand now. Thank you. I never knew the moon was transported.

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Also, how come when you go in the portal, all these monsters kill you, then you come back to life? I never understood that, either.

nieh
08-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Alternate timeline.

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
FPS ftl.

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Also, how come when you go in the portal, all these monsters kill you, then you come back to life? I never understood that, either.

Please answer, I'm desperate. :(

And no, it's not an alternate timeline...

0r4ng3
08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I haven't played the game, but from what I'm getting, you're in hell. If you're killed by monsters, where else are you going to end up? Essentially, you're not coming back to life, but back to hell.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this, and I'm just reading the question wrong.

nieh
08-15-2007, 05:02 PM
And no, it's not an alternate timeline...

If you don't know what it is, then how do you know what it isn't?

It's just like so many horror/action/whatever movies where they show someone 'die' only to have them pop up later in the movie still alive.

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I haven't played the game, but from what I'm getting, you're in hell. If you're killed by monsters, where else are you going to end up? Essentially, you're not coming back to life, but back to hell.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this, and I'm just reading the question wrong.

When you get killed, you end up on the moon surrounding hell.

Actually, I think that on the last level of episode 1, that warp at the end doesn't lead to Deimos. I think it just leads to another place on the moon base, and when they kill you, you go to Demios. I think...I don't know...

Lizardus
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
A defensive response from base security fails to halt the invasion, and the bases quickly get overrun by demons; all personnel are killed or turned into zombies. At the same time, Deimos vanishes entirely.
And there you have it. You get sent to Deimos in Hell, you get killed and the only place you can go is certainly not New Jersey.

Or Canada....

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
There's a difference between Hell and New Jersey?

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 05:22 PM
And there you have it. You get sent to Deimos in Hell, you get killed and the only place you can go is certainly not New Jersey.

Or Canada....

While I thank you for your time, you actually don't. When you die, you go to Deimos, not hell.

nieh
08-15-2007, 05:23 PM
There's a difference between Hell and New Jersey?

h84u </3

Lizardus
08-15-2007, 05:57 PM
While I thank you for your time, you actually don't. When you die, you go to Deimos, not hell.

After encountering the Cyberdemon, the truth about the vanished moon is discovered: it is floating above Hell.The player climbs down to the surface, and the final episode, Inferno, begins. After destroying the final boss, the Spider Mastermind, a hidden doorway opens for the hero who has "proven too tough for Hell to contain", leading back home to Earth.
It can't get clearer than that.

Z-Speak
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Woah, you're on episode ahead of me, brotha. I was talking about when you arrive on Deiomos from Phobos, you're taking about Deiomos to Hell.

RickyCrack
08-16-2007, 02:57 AM
This guy is dummmmmmmb.

p.s. who the hell is playing doom when fucking doom 3 is out. Thank you very much for putting me into remission after forgetting about that game entirely after a serious nervous breakdown. srsly, that game is scary.

p.s. dumbass faggot, the deimos moon completely vanished instantly as the demon invasion begins on the mars base. You later discover after you die on phobos that the moon didn't vanish but rather was portaled into orbit around hell once you arive there.. once again, the moon was transported to hell before you died and within the story line you learn that after you die on phobos.

edit. i put the story line into easy read moad for u.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/LOLdoom.jpg

p.s. ur welcum