PDA

View Full Version : Official South Park Thread

.:SMASH:.
08-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Man I love this show!

Biggest load of shit with the biggest laughs!

Post all your fav clips, images, quotes or anything about south park right here!

Here are a couple of the most classic (in my opinion) clips from this amazingly consistent television series:

Cartman Pwns Scott Tedderman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IprFs86EFS4

Rob Schnieder Gets Pwned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPo4ncmCz-8

OK, screw you guys....I'm goin home!

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
South Park is one of the most overrated shows on TV. I hate when people try to say that it's an intelligent satire. No it's not, it's about as subtle as a fart.

Forza
08-18-2007, 11:22 AM
South Park is one of the most overrated shows on TV. I hate when people try to say that it's an intelligent satire. No it's not, it's about as subtle as a fart.

Oh, come on. South Park definitely has its grand moments. That World Of Warcraft episode was pure genius.

Lodat225
08-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Even though I hate South Park, it's much better than The Simpsons.

SkunkIt
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
^ No. ten characters.

Even though I hate South Park, it's much better than The Simpsons.

No.

Yes.

0r4ng3
08-18-2007, 11:33 AM
South Park sure has it's moments, but I think I've grown out of it in recent years.

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I used to love South Park, but now I barely smile at when I watch it. 90% of South Park episodes consist of them making the same joke over and over again.

mrconeman
08-18-2007, 12:41 PM

I wanted to avoid this thread for the sake of not having to type this for the 10th time, thanks, Jakebert.

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 12:58 PM
No problem.

The last new episode I watched was the one where they talked about the Michael Richards thing, and it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen. The whole thing consisted of them referring to Stan's dad as "nigger guy" for 22 minutes, not realizing that if it's not funny the first time, it won't be funny the next 100 times.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I like South Park, but I wish someone less retarded started the thread. Any episode with Sergeant Harrison Yates is better than any episode without him. And it's a really hit-or-miss show. A lot of the episodes are amazingly stupid while others have me in hysterics.

My favorite episodes are "Cartman's Incredible Gift," "Stanley's Cup," "Red Man's Greed," and "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy."

T-6005
08-18-2007, 03:08 PM
It's a mildly effective social satire with all the subtlety of a kick in the face that can only truly be enjoyed under 2 circumstances.

a - You're a moron and think it's a show for smart people.
b - You're not a moron and think that it's (gasp) not a show for your demographic, but still mildly amusing for a while.

Jakebert
08-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I can enjoy it occasionally if I'm in the mood for something dumb. I guess I'm glad it exists, because I can go to it if I want easy humor instead of having to go to Adult Swim or Adam Sandler movies.

coke_a_holic
08-18-2007, 04:29 PM
If I hear the phrase "manbearpig" or "thuper thereal!" in school anymore, I'm going to go Virginia Tech on their asses.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-18-2007, 04:31 PM
If I hear the phrase "manbearpig" or "thuper thereal!" in school anymore, I'm going to go Virginia Tech on their asses.
That was one of the worst episodes of all time and its immense popularity is severely baffling to me.

F@ BANKZ
08-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm with the majority on this one, everything South Part has done has irritated me with a few notable exceptions:
I: The Movie: It's ok for a sleepover with 4 bags of popcorn between 3 friends followed by a double-run of Shaun Of The Dead and dangerously violent pillow fights in the dark.
II: The towlie episode wasn't too bad.
III. The PS1 game, hell that was good.

ZagmenO
08-18-2007, 05:33 PM
The Manbearpig one was fucking A!!!

Also, the one where Stan coaches Peewee hockey, that was great. The ending where the NHL guys beat the living crap out of the kids and then start celebrating: Best Ending Ever!!!

XYlophonetreeZ
08-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Manbearpig sucked. I agree about Stanley's Cup though. And you forgot the most important part about the ending: the kid dies of cancer!!!:D :D :D :D

HeadAroundU
08-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Who doesn't love South Park!? :p

.:SMASH:.
08-18-2007, 07:58 PM
No one honestly hates South Park, you just want people to think more of you for not liking it, it's a freakin good laugh!

Endymion
08-18-2007, 08:46 PM
anything past the first season i generally avoid watching. i really don't find the overt political or social commentary amusing in the least.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
First season is quality. "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" is still one of the funniest episodes ever.

"Hey... that looks kinda like... Tom Selleck"

Autonomist
08-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Not even a year ago I would've been defending it with all my heart in this thread, but I've grown so drastically out of it that I can barely stand to watch it anymore, bar a few episodes. The last episode I enjoyed properly was probably the Warcraft one.

And I hated "Stanley's Cup" for the simple reason that as soon as the plot was established it was plainly obvious what was going to happen - the writers would think they were really clever by going against the movie trend of everything working out in the end. Not to mention the annoying parody of movie voiceovers, which wasn't funny when they did it was Rob Schneider so I don't see why it'd be any better a couple of seasons on.

Jakebert
08-19-2007, 12:25 PM
That episode wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't done that before. They've done the "make fun of stupid movie cliches" thing in every episode for about 5 years now, and it hasn't been funny since like the 2nd time they did it.

Offspring-Junkie
08-19-2007, 12:30 PM
You guys have no idea, SP is just great. Yeah, not every episode, but you remember the "Lord of the rings" episode? Awesome!

XYlophonetreeZ
08-19-2007, 01:12 PM
That episode wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't done that before. They've done the "make fun of stupid movie cliches" thing in every episode for about 5 years now, and it hasn't been funny since like the 2nd time they did it.
I think that's Parker's biggest strength though; simply recognizing cliches and depicting them with blinding accuracy and a silly spin. The other thing that makes it funny to me is just the relentlessness of it. Like the fact alone that they dedicated an entire episode to making fun of Jar Jar Binks is in itself hilarious. I wouldn't mind if they made even more episodes like that. It's a one-trick pony, but at least they're playing to their strengths.

Jakebert
08-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I think it's a celever thing to do occasionally, but devoting every episode to the same joke gets really old. It seems like the only thing they know how to do is the whole "oh look, melodramatic music and corny dialogue!!" joke.

Vera
08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Say whatever you say, but the anime & WoW episodes were pure GENIUS.

Weirddimensions
08-20-2007, 05:09 AM
you're right

BustedKnuckles
08-20-2007, 10:06 AM
The "AIDS is ok to make fun of now" is good too.

"Look! There he is still beating that dead horse!"

KyleW
08-20-2007, 10:35 AM
SP is cool to enjoy every now and then but it does get a bit repetetive. My fave epsiodes are probably the WoW one (I think its clled "Make love, not warcraft) nd the stanley coaching the peewee hockey team is funny. Theres probably three or four more that I would consider watching more than once but apart from that most south park episodes are only funny once

GBH2
04-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I figured i'd resurrect this thread to comment on how unbelievably shitty season 12 has been thus far. wow, it sucks.

jacknife737
04-19-2008, 03:53 PM
It has its highs and lows. The Heavy Metal episode is one of their best to date.

Jakebert
04-19-2008, 04:45 PM
That doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the season has been god-awful. Th one about Canada on strike was horrible. Internet memes are bad enough on the internet, but bringing them to TV is about a million times worse.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-19-2008, 05:25 PM
What heavy metal episode? Anyway, yeah, this season has sucked horribly. The most recent one with the Internet refugee camp was the least shitty of the season and even that one is a below average episode compared to all the rest of South Park's seasons.

And yet, to my bewilderment, people STILL continue to repeat "I'm not your buddy, guy!" ad nauseam depite its suckitude. How do South Park fans always pick the most unfunny stuff out of all the episodes to quote incessantly? Manbearpig? Srsly?

The last episode of Season 11, though, was actually really really good. It was obviously meant to be a bit of a throwback to old South Park and it ended up being funnier and more watchable than anything else they've created recently.

0r4ng3
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Manbearpig? Srsly?
Coincidentally, that's the only thing out of South Park that me* and my friends quote. Yet, I have never seen that episode.

*Although, I sometimes call people towels.

Cock Joke
04-19-2008, 07:50 PM
I like it so far. But I haven't been able to see all that much, so there you go.

My only concern is this: When are they gonna stop messing with Mr. Garrison?

First he's got that puppet, then that stick person, then Mr. Slave comes along, then he's a woman, then he's a lesbian, now he's a dude again!

Stop changing Mr. Garrison!

XYlophonetreeZ
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm definitely glad that Mr. Garrison's sexual odyssey never seems to end, because I feel like that's the entire point of the joke. However, the episode where he got a penis just fucking sucked.

Homer
04-19-2008, 08:21 PM
'Canada on Strike' had potential to be funny... then I found out that it was about the Writer's Strike.

Jakebert
04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Every modern episode of South Park will be made up of at least one, if not more, of the following:

-a vast conspiracy that's based around something completely absurd or mundane.
-a celebrity parody that's barely funny at all because it picks on the easiest targets available, such as Paris Hilton and Spears.
-one joke that's repeated to the point where it gets completely run into the ground.
-only one of the boys appear in the plot, and the entire episode is driven by generic one-spot characters that all have the same voice because Trey Parker is a horrible voice actor.
-Randy acting retarded and annoying.
-an attempt at satire that falls flat because Matt and Trey don't know how to be subtle.

Autonomist
04-20-2008, 04:55 AM
I haven't enjoyed Season 12 at all so far. It's getting to the point now that if I miss an episode I'm not even bothered enough to catch up on it. The last one I even mildly liked was in Season 11 where Cartman pretended to have Tourettes.

jacknife737
04-20-2008, 05:52 AM
I enjoyed the "writers strike" episode, only because of the Canadian content, which always cracks me up; the meme jokes were medicore.

-Randy acting retarded and annoying.

Although i agree, for me, this is one of South Park's saving graces, as of late; as Randy is by far my favorite Character.

dff_punk
04-20-2008, 06:09 AM
South Park has some really good moments, but Family Guy does it for me :D

Cock Joke
04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
-only one of the boys appear in the plot, and the entire episode is driven by generic one-spot characters that all have the same voice because Trey Parker is a horrible voice actor.

That always sucks! Cartman's my favorite out of the four and he wasn't even in the last one! Gay...

Cock Joke
04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
South Park has some really good moments, but Family Guy does it for me :D

Right on!!!