PDA

View Full Version : Worst Country Music Artists?

Buzshism
08-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Since I did the Best Country Music Artists already, I figure I should now make a poll for the worst ones.

0r4ng3
08-18-2007, 03:36 PM
in b4 like a million "zomg they all suk!" posts.

mrconeman
08-18-2007, 03:41 PM
In before Buzshism is a fucking pedophile.

Buzshism is a fucking pedophile.

- -Lauren- -
08-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I hate Billy Ray Cyrus. Actually, I don't like country at all, but his mullet bothered me.

Rednex did a fun rendition of "Cotton Eye Joe" though. Obnoxious, but fun.

Andy
08-18-2007, 05:01 PM
If it hadn't been Cotton-Eye Joe, I'd been married a long time ago. That's all I'm going to say on this matter.

Good day to you all.

HeadAroundU
08-18-2007, 05:16 PM
If it hadn't been Cotton-Eye Joe, I'd been married a long time ago.
I've just finished one unit about past perfect tense. Seriously.

*If it hadn't been Cotton-Eye Joe, I'd be married a long time ago.

amiright?

leo3375
08-18-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm a little upset that there isn't an option for "they all suck!" I can't stand mianstream country music. It's basically pop music with pedal-steel guitars. I love old-school country, though. Hank Williams, Sr. and Jr., Charlie Daniels Band, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, and of course, The Cash!

Jack the Tripper
08-18-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm a little upset that there isn't an option for "they all suck!" I can't stand mianstream country music. It's basically pop music with pedal-steel guitars. I love old-school country, though. Hank Williams, Sr. and Jr., Charlie Daniels Band, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, and of course, The Cash!

I don't think The Clash is country, but otherwise I agree with that.

GBH2
08-18-2007, 05:44 PM
everyone join in a round of applause for the dumbass^

ZagmenO
08-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Underwood sux to high hell. I still, to this day, can't believe she beat Bo Bice. He was waaay better.

Underwood is hot tho. :eek: ;);)

leo3375
08-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't think The Clash is country, but otherwise I agree with that.

Not the Clash, The Cash! Don't tell me you're unfamiliar with the Man In Black!

Jack the Tripper
08-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Not the Clash, The Cash! Don't tell me you're unfamiliar with the Man In Black!

Oh duh, Johnny Cash. Of course I know who he is. I misread that post.

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2007, 08:35 PM
I love old-school country, though. Hank Williams, Sr. and Jr., Charlie Daniels Band, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, and of course, The Cash!

Hi there, pretty much every single person who's ever expressed a horribly cliché opinion in the Internet! I've seen you around lately, and I'm comforted by your presence.

nieh
08-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Hi there, pretty much every single person who's ever expressed a horribly cliché opinion in the Internet! I've seen you around lately, and I'm comforted by your presence.

To be fair, he listed more than just Johnny Cash which is more than most people do.

leo3375
08-19-2007, 07:57 AM
To be fair, she listed more than just Johnny Cash which is more than most people do.

Fixed your post, but yes, I do like more old-school country than jusy Johnny Cash. Have you ever listened to the lyrics of some of those songs, especialoly old bluegrass tunes? They're some of the darkest shit ever written but it's mostly in major keys.

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Even though I stand by everything I said there, I'm surprised I said it. That was kind of dickish of me.

Oh well.

Lithuanian Offspring
08-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Am I cliche for having a picture of Cash? Oh, deary me, I don't wanna be cliche, now do I?

T-6005
08-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Fixed your post, but yes, I do like more old-school country than jusy Johnny Cash. Have you ever listened to the lyrics of some of those songs, especialoly old bluegrass tunes? They're some of the darkest shit ever written but it's mostly in major keys.

Yeah, because major keys equals happy songs, right?

leo3375
08-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah, because major keys equals happy songs, right?

This was the way that old murder ballads were back in the day. Just because it's in a major key doesn't mean that the lyrics are happy and upbeat. The last modern country song that I heard that reminds me of the old murder ballads is the Dixie Chicks' "Good-bye Earl." Here's a song that's about killing a man and hiding his body but it's done in such a way that the music has an upbeat tone to it.

coke_a_holic
08-19-2007, 11:53 AM
A large portion of my favorite bands only play in major keys, but write depressing lyrics. It's nothing special. Though it is entertaining.

Jakebert
08-19-2007, 01:15 PM
The only country musician that I have would say I hate is Toby Keith. He's the definition of everything that could possibly be wrong with being a redneck.

bouncingcoles
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
i couldnt vote on one because its all shit