PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Avril Lavigne's voice? (And Avril gets Punk'd)

Alleviate
08-18-2007, 08:17 PM
I've been wondering about this the last few days. I saw her live in 2002 and she sounded good at the concert but terrible whenever she was on TV. However, recently I've started checking out her new live clips and I think she is sounding great, however, my mum and me were arguing about it yesterday, she still believes Avril is mediocre at best.

Check out some of these clips if your game, Fall to pieces:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xx3WwBw_0o is particularly beautiful.
Nobody's Home is also really nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZehEcJqdWqE&mode=related&search= (I realise some people have a problem with Avril full stop and wont want to give her a go, thats fine just dont use up the thread saying how much you hate her because of who she is).

BTW, check out Avril getting Punk'd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGqJy0H_wac. It's gonna air next month, poor girl I felt so sorry for her she really seemed nice and even started crying at the end.

Also check out this video from a few years ago when Avril performed a concert even though her Grandfather had passed away 2 hours before the show:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dmeRE3Ge8. It is the only song EVER that has made me teary eyed from how beautifully she performed it and with so much emotion.

Autonomist
08-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Punk'd is still on?

Alleviate
08-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Punk'd is still on?Yeah weird ay? I only found out when I was checking out some stuff on YouTube. I thought it stopped ages ago.

Llamas
08-19-2007, 01:08 AM
She's really not that good... she started out okay in that first song, but once the beat picks up and she has to hit more notes faster, you can hear her falter quite a lot.

The second one... well she carries the tune better in this one. However, she does have a pretty typical pop voice. I'm not saying that's bad, but it doesn't impress me or make me impressed. And some parts of her upper notes sound very weak... like she just can't project up there. It's kinda gross, haha.

The video where she cries is lol. I do like that song, though.

All this said, I occasionally listen to a few songs off her first album. She's not completely without any musical talent... the problem is that she steals songs. And lol, she has insurance so that she can't get sued for stealing songs. I really wanted her to get sued for stealing either Complicated or Girlfriend. :(

Lightning Rod
08-19-2007, 06:20 AM
some little words in my signature
will tell you truth

Alleviate
08-19-2007, 03:19 PM
All this said, I occasionally listen to a few songs off her first album. She's not completely without any musical talent... the problem is that she steals songs. And lol, she has insurance so that she can't get sued for stealing songs. I really wanted her to get sued for stealing either Complicated or Girlfriend. :(
I never knew she stole complicated. I know the matrix team who she says she cowrote the album with wreckon she barely contributed but I don't know. The Girlfriend thing is weird though, cos not many people would have heard of the Rubinoos (the band who are suing her) and I would be suprised if someone like her who hadn't even heard of the Sex Pistols knew of them. However, the song is quite clearly ripping off the "Hey mickey you're so fine" song, so she must lift certain things. Plus if anyone has her new album notice how much the start of Contagious sounds like Blink 182's Whats my age again. Awesome song, but quite clearly copied in parts.

HeadAroundU
08-19-2007, 05:48 PM
my mum and me were arguing about it yesterday, she still believes Avril is mediocre at best.
If your mum compared her with Whitney Houston, well, she's right then. :p

Marco
08-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Alleviate, even if Avril has actually improved, your mom is right.

random_blankness
09-04-2007, 04:39 PM
every time i hear avril lavigne i want to dig my eyes out with spoons to mask the pain of hearing her voice.seriously i dispise her.

mrconeman
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
every time i hear avril lavigne i want to dig my eyes out with spoons to mask the pain of hearing her voice.seriously i dispise her.
Try your ears next time, I think that would help best.

Yeah, mediocre is the word of the day. She's not entirely unable to play guitar or sing, but shes not very good at either. But what really put her worse than being just another average crap artist was her Bob Dylan cover, that was just awful.

I smiled when she cried in that punk'd clip.

coke_a_holic
09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Girlfriend is one fucking catchy song. Everything else is too hilariously serious to even consider.

HEY HEY YOU YOU.

nameless
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
i doont like her music, although it does have those catchy parts and kinda gimmicks they quickly lose all appeal!

German Andres
09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I haven`t really payed attention to her voice, but the first songs she released weren`t bad (of course, before claiming herself that she was punk). But man, she is fucking hot.

Sunny
09-06-2007, 10:17 AM
i like avril, she's hot and her music makes me go BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE, which is always good. weee!

Andy
09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I never knew Avril Lavigne posted on this forum. Now I do.

And yes, Girlfriend is the catchiest gem of a pop song since, well, since Mika released Grace Kelly. Or was Girlfriend released before? Either way, my flamboyant alter ego - Camp Andy - liked it. Even though it was essentially Mickey for the 21st century.

Great, I've got Mickey in my head.

Oh Mickey what a pity you don't understand, you take me by the heart, when you take me by the hand...