PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and good laptops.

Oromis
08-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Ok, so I want to buy a laptop. I want it to be cheap but I want it to be good. I want to be able to able to play video games on it like as good as Oblivion. I'm going to start looking around for one myself, but I know that some people here are pretty well oriented with computers, and I am pretty computer illiterate so I was hoping for some help. So, if anyone has any good recommendations for where to get a good and cheap laptop (less then 1000 dollars. I currently have around 900 dollars that i can spend)

And yes, it does have to be a laptop, I know a desktop would be better.

wheelchairman
08-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Acer seems to be the choice among students on a student budget.

OffspringPsycho
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
You get what you pay for. If you get a cheap laptop, chances are it won't last more than 2 years. If you invest in something over $1000, and choose the right brand/model, it could last 4+ years.

Oromis
08-19-2007, 06:39 PM
You get what you pay for. If you get a cheap laptop, chances are it won't last more than 2 years. If you invest in something over $1000, and choose the right brand/model, it could last 4+ years.

Not necessarily. My cousin had a desktop built for him by his friends. It was like 400 dollars, 4 years ago. and the thing is still holding strong and doing good.

And my dad got a frickin' awesome laptop for 600 dollars. it was on some deal thing. i saw the same one later for about 1400.

WCM, i'l check out Acer

Oromis
09-07-2007, 03:58 PM
So, I got my laptop. I ended up getting one much more expensive then I planned. Oh well, I also ended up with more money then I thought I would have.
I got an Asus G1 s. This thing pwns. http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/asus-g1-laptop.jpg

Oh, and since i got my own compie, i'l probably be on more often.

Andy
09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm starting to read this as "cheap good lapdances"

I think Freud is trying to tell me something

Betty
09-08-2007, 03:48 AM
I had an Acer for 4 years all through undergrad, and I have an Acer laptop now. Cause I'm cheap. But really, at the time they were way cheaper than other computers and I don't have any complaints. However, I don't play hardcore computer nerd games or anything. But apparently, Acer is going to be/or is/I'm not sure, the number 3 PC distributor once is has/since it has bought out Gateway. Never realized it was so popular...