PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like Offspring?

maw2007
08-22-2007, 03:48 AM
I like them, because the make very geilen punkrock
http://www.dinosandiemacht.de.tl

F@ BANKZ
08-22-2007, 05:22 AM
I like them because they make very good music.

Iamstupid
08-22-2007, 09:56 AM
I love their books.

Whiplash
08-22-2007, 10:21 AM
It's german and it means: cool/fun/nice. Or something like that.

BuddyHolly
08-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Litteraly it means horny. But it's also used instead of "cool".

Oh and I don't like The Offspring.

Whiplash
08-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah in dutch, But not in german....right? Now the big question is. Is maw2007 dutch or german.:confused:

Ladnav
08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Because in punk, there is a lot of hypocracy and just plain stupidity that I don't see in the Offspring. Too many bands jump on band wagons while criticizing people that do the very same. Too many bands sing about tolerance and then go on to bash anyone with a religious faith.
Also, I've noticed a lot of people that still think anarchy is the way to be, but that's just retarded. Perhaps it's true that "the government that governs best, governs least" but, as the Dead Kennedy's said, "anarchy sounds good to me until someone asks who'd fix the sewers. Would the rednecks just play king of the neighborhood?" The people that preech anarcy (and are serious about it) just haven't thought it through.
Also, drugs. NOFX is a good example of this. I love NOFX, I really do, but it's kind of irritating that they seem so hostile towards anyone who doesn't want to risk fucking up their lives with addictions.

Anyway, these are just some of the reasons I think the Offspring is better than other punk bands.

To summarize: Because they're smart.

Oh, also, when in a shitty mood, the Offspring has often been quite a help for some reason.

maw2007
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah in dutch, But not in german....right? Now the big question is. Is maw2007 dutch or german.:confused:

Ich komme aus Deutschland.
I am from germany.

Macko
08-22-2007, 03:08 PM
...really weird thread...

F@ BANKZ
08-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Because in punk, there is a lot of hypocracy and just plain stupidity that I don't see in the Offspring. Too many bands jump on band wagons while criticizing people that do the very same. Too many bands sing about tolerance and then go on to bash anyone with a religious faith.
Also, I've noticed a lot of people that still think anarchy is the way to be, but that's just retarded. Perhaps it's true that "the government that governs best, governs least" but, as the Dead Kennedy's said, "anarchy sounds good to me until someone asks who'd fix the sewers. Would the rednecks just play king of the neighborhood?" The people that preech anarcy (and are serious about it) just haven't thought it through.
Also, drugs. NOFX is a good example of this. I love NOFX, I really do, but it's kind of irritating that they seem so hostile towards anyone who doesn't want to risk fucking up their lives with addictions.

Anyway, these are just some of the reasons I think the Offspring is better than other punk bands.

To summarize: Because they're smart.

Oh, also, when in a shitty mood, the Offspring has often been quite a help for some reason.

...really weird thread...

These just totally needed to be quoted.

SkunkIt
08-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I like The Offspring, because their fanbase consist of pedofiles and 14 year old girls.

icklebabygremlin
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I like the offspring becuase i love all the songs and the band themself i like and in all a great band

plus very good live what more can you want

Insomnia
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I like them,because their music and live perfomances is awesome. and they still rocks after 15 years :)

nightvision
08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I luv teh Offspring cuz Dex is hot. yo.

The sun is shining today, how nice.

Marco
08-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I like The Offspring because...:rolleyes:
...I love their music, every song, most of their live performances, etc etc...:D

Whiplash
08-24-2007, 07:33 AM
I hate the offspring.....

[instert angry reactions by pissed off 14 year olds here]

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Who's Offspring?

0r4ng3
08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
The guys that did "All The Small Things" some years ago.

nieh
08-24-2007, 09:22 AM
That's like asking "why do you like air?"

mrconeman
08-24-2007, 09:31 AM
lawl nieh needs the offspring to live.

Co1
08-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Why OffsprinG is the best. Itīs simple. You can take what band you want, put their live performance, put their records, put their appearences and their ideas next to The Offsprings. And what ever you choose, the result is allways The Offspring. I have my holy 3 for the bands i like, The Offspring, Metallica and Pantera. And The Offspring kicks their ass. You can Trash/Rock/Pop/Heavy/Metal and even put little Jazz Covered with Sol. But still The Offspring takes the meaning for these words to hole complitely different level. Somewhere that nobody can reach. High Above.
And HAMMEHEAD F***G trashes everything i thought would be good. AMAZING SONG. GOD DAMMIT. I wonder if Da Hui will find itīs match with this new record.
BE AWARE WORLD, THE OFFSPRING IS COMING...FAST AND FURIOUS

Fdsajoe
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Why OffsprinG is the best. Itīs simple. You can take what band you want, put their live performance, put their records, put their appearences and their ideas next to The Offsprings. And what ever you choose, the result is allways The Offspring. I have my holy 3 for the bands i like, The Offspring, Metallica and Pantera. And The Offspring kicks their ass. You can Trash/Rock/Pop/Heavy/Metal and even put little Jazz Covered with Sol. But still The Offspring takes the meaning for these words to hole complitely different level. Somewhere that nobody can reach. High Above.
And HAMMEHEAD F***G trashes everything i thought would be good. AMAZING SONG. GOD DAMMIT. I wonder if Da Hui will find itīs match with this new record.
I dont see why they are the best in there...

KyleW
08-24-2007, 10:26 AM
i like the offspring because they make upbeat punky music, it just kinda has a certain flare that i like

Meg
08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
because they stole my rock/punk virginity....They were the first "rock band" i started listening to really

nightvision
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM

I find it weird how these guys will notice threads like this, create an account and make these kind of posts. I guess my question would be: Why?

It was very funny though, so keep it up.

ZagmenO
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
They are the greatest band ever!!!

Mart2Play
08-25-2007, 04:53 AM
...they are honestly the only band that i can listen to for hours/days/whatever and not get tired of their songs....and also they are one of the few bands left from my childhood still playing today.

Hypodermic_89
08-25-2007, 07:20 AM
I like The Offspring because they FUCKIN' ROCK, MAAN!!

Zee
10-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Their music is great. Dexter has unique vocals. The music is happy and catchy as hell.

I respect their past and the way they think about music. They started from the basement and made it into the mainstream with an awesome album still without pee rising into their heads. Still continue after 20 years. That's something special and respectful.

Myke
10-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Ixnay on the Hombre was the very first album I ever owned, back when I was around maybe seven years old. I have gotten all of their albums and they just have a spot in me that will never go away.

Trek
10-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, to me offspring is like football, i never can't get enough of it. :rolleyes:
Itīs like an energy source and keeps me going, till the end:) .

Offspring-Junkie
10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Because of Guy Cohen. Never seen someone be as cool as him:D

Gayman
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Because no other band is better...?

Co1
10-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Just Becouse...

"Before Elvis, There Was The Offspring - Ixnay On The Hombre"

the hitcher
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
If it wern't for the offspring me and my brother
probbly would not be musicians.

And thers alot of other reasons.

Ninty Man
10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Cause the music, their videos, noodles, ron welty, atom willard, Dexter, Greg, Higgins...

MOst of their lyrics..

Cause I wanna be a drummer as Welty...I'm working on it...

Lodat225
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't .

drex878
10-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't .
tool .

kill the president
11-26-2007, 03:15 AM
i like them because of kill the president and pretty fly im getting a legal copy of the offspring self titled on wedensday will kill the president be on it:)

offspringer24
11-26-2007, 03:38 AM
i heard self esteem in the summer of 94 and have been hooked since, i was 14 at the time had long hair and started to skate whilst ALAWAYS listening to smash lol good times :D