PDA

View Full Version : Pelinkovac

Sin Studly
08-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I just bought a $50 bottle of imported Croatian Pelinkovac for $3.95 on a street corner. I have no fucking idea what it is, except that it looks pretty vicious and it's apparantly made out of wormwood.

Since it seems very... uh, not safe for human consumption, I'm posting this to give everyone five minutes with which to warn me whether or not it'll make my throat close over and kill me. If nobody responds negatively within five minutes, I'm assuming that that's Jesus's way of telling me it's totally okay to drink it.

Sin Studly
08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Okay, time's up.

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
If you can't trust Croats then who can you trust? Drink.

Sin Studly
08-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I renounce Jesus.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2007, 11:44 PM
If nobody responds negatively within five minutes, I'm assuming that that's Jesus's way of telling me it's totally okay to drink it.

Or his way of telling you that you should kill yourself.

I renounce Jesus.

Not before he renounced you, apparently.

Joking aside though, how is that shit? You've got me curious.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Death and earwax.

Seriously. The taste you first get is of the rotting dead. You know that sicky-sweet cloying smell when a rat dies inside your walls someplace? The first sip tastes like that, except sweeter and sicklier. Then it hits you with this insanely bitter earwaxy aftertaste.

edit ; I'm assuming it's an aquired taste, and will be drinking the rest anyway.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 02:38 AM
Okay, I'm only on my second glass, but right now I hate Croatia, I hate slavs, I hate alcohol, I hate Jesus, and apparantly I must hate myself because I'm about to pour another. This stuff is fucking evil.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 02:41 AM
I've never actually found an alcohol I couldn't handle before, but this fucking shit wins. I give up.

Great Mike
08-24-2007, 03:03 AM
Once some friends and I went to holidays in an island close to where I live, mostly to drink and party. We didn't know a shit about how to drink absinth but that didn't stop us to drink half a bottle. Chairs flied out of the window and major lols where conjured. Bad times, good memories.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 03:46 AM
But... absinthe is drinkable.

Great Mike
08-24-2007, 04:09 AM
We where 16/17 years old and 89% of none mixed alcohol surpassed us. I have never drink pelinkovac, but I thought its alcohol concentration was less than absinthe's.

PS: now that I think about it, % of alcohol is not always the worse thing in a brevage (sp?).

HeadAroundU
08-24-2007, 04:12 AM
absinth
I wouldn't compare it with absinth. Apparently, both are made of wormwood but Justin's Pelinkovac is "half-homemade". It smells like spiderweb and tastes like death.

I've tasted similar stuff a couple of times...horrible. I've been to Croatia two times. I think I tasted Rakija there. I mostly drank 20% red wine, very deceptive. :p

Justin, you'll turn goth when you finish the bottle.

HornyPope
08-24-2007, 05:44 AM
Yeah it's pretty vicious and unpredictable because the alcohol percentage can range anywhere from 30 to like 80. The taste is disgusting. And warning: it doesn't mix with beer AT ALL.

killer_queen
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I've never actually found an alcohol I couldn't handle before, but this fucking shit wins. I give up.

I thought you were a real man. :(

H1T_That
08-24-2007, 08:44 AM
The dude who compared absinthe with pelinkovac is retarded.

I mean, absinthe actually has a taste you can compare. And can be bough in nightclubs here. As aposed to death in a bottle from foreigners on street corners.

HornyPope
08-24-2007, 01:08 PM
You don't buy it from strangers on the corner if you're in the Balkans though. You buy it from your neighbours who make it in the bath, or from monasteries or take from your grandparents' own home-home stash. Alternatively, you may buy it in stores, but that's like for parties.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah it's pretty vicious and unpredictable because the alcohol percentage can range anywhere from 30 to like 80. The taste is disgusting. And warning: it doesn't mix with beer AT ALL.

It's not the alcohol percentage that bothers me, I've had 97% vodka easier to drink than this shit, and it's only 30%. It's the god-awful taste ; and I usually enjoy bitter-tasting things. I was actually chasing it with straight bourbon because it was the only thing I had that was strong enough to kill the aftertaste. Although, it mixes with beer just fine.

I thought you were a real man. :(

I thought so too. The worst part was finding out that I've finally been bested by an alcohol beverage that Izie's mother drinks regularly. Ugh.

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
The worst part was finding out that I've finally been bested by an alcohol beverage that Izie's mother drinks regularly.

I lol'd .

XYlophonetreeZ
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Haven't had it. But I have had Slivovitz, which is Serbian. It was pretty strong and actually rather nasty, but from the sounds of things it couldn't have been half as bad as this Pelinkovac stuff. I just felt that since I've had a Balkan spirit before that I should bring it up here.

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Don't be dickless, Slivovice is wonderful.

Whiplash
08-25-2007, 01:44 AM
Has anyone here ever had a jesus punch? It's really easy to make, mix 5 types of alcohol into a large shotglass. There's a catch though,all the drinks have to be over 30% proof.

It's like jesus hits you in the face.

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Sounds more like a faggotted high school get-drunk-quick thing than anything a normal person would drink...

killer_queen
08-25-2007, 05:47 AM
There must be a drink called Mohammad's Punch. But I don't think it would contain any alcohol in it.

T-6005
08-25-2007, 02:16 PM
There must be a drink called Mohammad's Punch. But I don't think it would contain any alcohol in it.

Put a bomb in a shot glass. Tell an American frat boy it'll fuck him up.

Voila.

Great Mike
08-25-2007, 02:35 PM
The dude who compared absinthe with pelinkovac is retarded.

I mean, absinthe actually has a taste you can compare. And can be bough in nightclubs here. As aposed to death in a bottle from foreigners on street corners.

First: pelinkovac is not supposed to be death in a bottle.
Second: I didn't compare them both (but I could have).

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm actually getting used to the Pelinkovac. I don't know what I was complaining about, it's quite good.

Whiplash
08-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Sounds more like a faggotted high school get-drunk-quick thing than anything a normal person would drink...

O sure it is, It's a partydrink. they sell it allot in the south of spain, in bars and stuff.

JoY
08-26-2007, 06:19 AM
I thought so too. The worst part was finding out that I've finally been bested by an alcohol beverage that Izie's mother drinks regularly. Ugh.

lolz.

more lolz.

Put a bomb in a shot glass. Tell an American frat boy it'll fuck him up.

Voila.

loads of lolz.

this thread's got me laughing out loud. especially Great Mike's "it's not death in a bottle!!". man, how much I'd give to make Christina Aguilera sing about that for a change.

HornyPope
08-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Has anyone here ever had a jesus punch? It's really easy to make, mix 5 types of alcohol into a large shotglass. There's a catch though,all the drinks have to be over 30% proof.

It's like jesus hits you in the face.

That's pretty stupid. You don't feel the effects of it on the spot, you just go home really sick, cause mixing alcohol is pretty stupid. Except vodka with beer kinda grew on me, but not over 200 grams of liquor.

Whiplash
08-27-2007, 06:18 AM
It's get's you pretty fucked up and yes pretty sick too.

Sin Studly
08-27-2007, 06:33 AM
That's pretty stupid. You don't feel the effects of it on the spot, you just go home really sick, cause mixing alcohol is pretty stupid. Except vodka with beer kinda grew on me, but not over 200 grams of liquor.

I mix alcohol all the time, and it's not a problem at all unless you're drinking faggy things like sugary, fruity, or milky liqueurs. Five different types of spirit shouldn't make a man sick.

HornyPope
08-27-2007, 06:42 AM
It's true, it's not a problem if all the liquors are 40 degrees (the golden standard). I meant that the other "kind" of alcohol is bad.