PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed! (please!)

KyleW
08-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Ok, so i just got in from a day out with my friends, i sign on to msn and my girlfriend breaks up with me. We had been going out for 7 months exactly and she decided to end it because she said she didnt love me anymore. Obviously if she doesnt love me then neither of us can help that and she cant control her feelings about me.

It has only really just sunk in and im trying to hold of the waterworks for as long as possible. My question to guys is what should I do next? I really want to get back together with her and im not sure what to do about it. Gove her some time and sk her out again? move on and find someone else? try to get her to like me again?

Thanks in advance guys.

Endymion
08-24-2007, 03:23 AM
did the relationship mean nothing to you? if you want her, you're going to have to fight for her. call her constantly, write her poety, leave flowers for her. just remember: don't give up! true love is worth the effort.

KyleW
08-24-2007, 03:34 AM
the relationship ment everything to me! she was my first serious relationship, thanks for the advice, i think i might try writing some poetry, she writes it herself so i think she might appreciate it a bit more, i dont wnna sound too clingy though

Andy
08-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Classy bird, breaking up over MSN.

You may feel completely rubbish for a wee while but you need to think that despite how you feel and what may have happened in those seven months, the way she ended it was pretty crap. Seven months and she did it over the internet? Jesus, anything longer than a month and a half constitutes a face-to-face. Granted, anything less than that and it's OK to do it over text/internet but seven months? Nah.

And no, you don't want to get back with her; Someone who's willing to break up in such a soulless way after a long period of time is not the kind of person who should be trusted.

It's a massive cliché, but there's plenty more fish in the sea. You'll find someone else, don't fret.

Jack-UK
08-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Whatever you do dont listen to Spare Me The Details :O wont help :P

Indeed, theres plenty more fish in the sea.. and as its your first serious relationship you wont be used to the breakups.. you'll feel like shit for a while, but by the sounds of it theres plenty of better girls out there than her ;)

Also dont turn obsessive with some of the above suggestions in the other posts, it can wierd people out lol.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Listen to Linkin Park and write poetry, faggot.

Jakebert
08-24-2007, 06:11 AM
No more hope for better dayz.

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 06:21 AM
the relationship ment everything to me!

This part actually gave me a good long chuckle. Heh.

Whiplash
08-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Personally I think you should move on, But you should always fallow your instinct. I wouln'd go with endy's advice though, calling a girl constantlly might not turn out the way you wanted it too.......restraining order......she might think you're stalking her.

Iamstupid
08-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Humm...if you really wanna to go out with her again, be nice with her. Talk with her about her problems, suggest her some ways to resolve them, talk with her about all she likes (music, arts or whatever she likes), be really really nice with her, and agree with all she can say about one guy making politic or this paint which is really beautiful.

Then, go out with her best friend

Meg
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Classy bird, breaking up over MSN.

Someone who's willing to break up in such a soulless way after a long period of time is not the kind of person who should be trusted.

I completely agree with this. You sound like a decent bloke, so you can obviously do better than someone who sees it fit to tell someone that they "don't love them" over the internet.

But second to this, when someone tells you that they "don't love you anymore" It's almost pointless chasing after them. It sounds so bloody pessimistic, but it's very rare that the effort pulls off. I'd suggest attempting to "move on" and concentrate your efforts where they will actually be appreciated

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Kill her .

F@ BANKZ
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Kill her .

I completely agree with this. You sound like a decent bloke, so you can obviously put her in a home-made guillotine.
(Or just hope she realises she's made a mistake and retain your dignity by not chaseing after her all the time and hope she realises she's made a mistake)
Actually, scrap the idea of killing her, the brackets sound better. Besides it aint worth killing people that break up over MSN.

mrconeman
08-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I think you should have her. Even if it's burglary.

Andy
08-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I think you should have her. Even if it's burglary.

I love you. Heterosexually.

killer_queen
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I heard that surprise buttsex generally works in these kind of situations. I'd say give it a try.

And don't write poetry if you don't have the talent. A bad written poetry might make things worse.

wheelchairman
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
This is the best advice I can give:
Listen to Danko Jones.

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I heard that surprise buttsex generally works in these kind of situations.

It definitely worked on you!

KyleW
08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
thanks for all of your advice peeps, i appreciate it so much. I think the general trend was to move on and i think thats what ill do. Theres tons more people out there for me and im sure ill find someone special eventually.

I think the buttsex idea may fail to be honest lol

I actually tried the linkin park thing, breaking the habit kinda made it worse :(

And i like the references to the offspring songs, that made me smile :D :D

Meg
08-24-2007, 10:31 AM
at the end of the day it's your choice what you do, but good luck either way :P

KyleW
08-24-2007, 10:33 AM
thanks, to be honest i half expected to get a load of crap from a lot of people for making this thread but i made it and it turned out to be just what i needed :)

H1T_That
08-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I actually tried the linkin park thing, breaking the habit kinda made it worse :(

epic lulz.

T-6005
08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Try and convince yourself that the relationship really didn't mean that much anyway (although it really did), and then go out and try and find someone else who's worth it (even though you know there is no one else). Take a nice long break and clear your head (of all these thoughts and feelings that are always there tormenting your broken little heart), and most of all, don't take it too seriously (even though nothing else this special will ever happen).

Oromis
08-24-2007, 12:31 PM

That is so sigged.

KyleW
08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
woah.. i got sigged, i almost feel.... honored

killer_queen
08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
I think the buttsex idea may fail to be honest lol
Why? Are you sexually impotent?

Sin Studly
08-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Girls love surprise-buttsex.

Twinkle
08-24-2007, 07:53 PM
She obviously didn't love you back if that's the way she broke up with you. Get over it. You didn't deserve her.

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Hi Saddam!

JoY
08-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Andy speaks the truth.

really, after the damage of breaking up has already been done, getting back together is not really something you'd normally want to give a try, unless it was extremely fucking special. you can't glue a broken thing without seeing the cracks; it'll never be as good as new, it'll never be as it was before.

especially with her argument, that she lost the feeling, there would be no way to get back together without constantly wondering if she's found it back or not, when she's going to dump you again & of course the anger for putting you through so much stress by first breaking up, when in the end she turned out to take you back anyway.

IF she'd take you back, she's enough of a bizotch for ever breaking up with you when she didn't really mean it, breaking your heart for absolutely nothing & damaging the relationship in the process, to immediately dump her.

if she doesn't take you back, well, the answer is easy.

also;
*chuckles @ Endy's & Thi's post*

Twinkle
08-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Hi Saddam!

Hey there!

JoY
08-25-2007, 06:31 AM
She obviously didn't love you back if that's the way she broke up with you. Get over it. You didn't deserve her.

wow. that one failed, assuming it was an attempt at looking tough by making a funny comment at his expense. lacked subtlety, nuance, & oh right, humour.

Twinkle
08-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Are you kidding me? It was not my intention to come across as funny, nor to look tough. That was my honest to God opinion of the matter. She's obviously not right for him nor does he deserve her if that's the way she broke up with him. The way she did that was rude and cowardly, and nobody ever deserves that.

JoY
08-25-2007, 06:41 AM
nobody deserves such a treatment, is what you mean? then why did you say he doesn't deserve her & not the other way around?

0r4ng3
08-25-2007, 06:46 AM
It means the same thing, but it was just worded awkwardly.

Twinkle
08-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Yep...that's exactly what I meant. I said he doesn't deserve her because it's true. He didn't deserve to have a girlfriend that suddenly "lost the feeling." I think I understand what you mean about saying it the other way around. Where I live, if I had said that she didn't deserve him, it would mean that he was in the wrong and did something that made her undeserving of someone so low. It's tough to explain, but it's just my understanding of the phrase.

JoY
08-25-2007, 06:50 AM
no, I totally understand, sorry about that misunderstanding. I just read "don't deserve" as "undeserving of something", as in, "not being worthy enough". I didn't read it as "you're too worthy", but I totally see how you could read it that way aswell. it would've been clearer though, if you had worded it like; "You don't deserve this (shit being done to you)", or whatever.

KyleW
08-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks again for all your advice, im about ready to move, to be honest i had a good day yesterday but a shit one today. i just kept imagining her with another lad and the thought sickens me.

Dont worry twinkle i understand what you meant, i make the same mistake ll of the time then i relise what ive done.

And in reply to the buttsex comment, to be honest i dont really think there would be a chance to have buttsex considering my parents only go out shopping and my brothers always in because he has no friends (bless him) oh and im probably a little young to go diving into buttsex.

Once again my thanks go out to all who posted here, youve all helped in one way or another :D:D:D

T-6005
08-25-2007, 03:13 PM
diving into buttsex.
I'm so glad I checked this thread again just so I could single out this intriguing bit of imagery.

Vera
08-25-2007, 03:38 PM
As long as you don't dive in head first, I'm sure it'll be fine.

KyleW
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
HAHA! lol i wont go in head first, i promise

KyleW
08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I just had a long one to one convorsation with my ex discussing the whole thing. Basically what i go through is a day/day and a half of feeling great then i just break down. I was out with her and her friends tonight and i broke down, she asked if i wanted to walk so i did and we tlking. she said she was sorry and that she wnted to see other guys while shes still at this age. but she then contradicted this point by saying she didnt want another serious relationship untill after collage (i think it was just a confidence booster for me.)

She told me to try to think about moving on and that if she went out with me again it would be through guilt. Ive tried focusing on moving on but deep in my mind i dont want to, i really dont. If she went out with me through guilt i would have to end it, i just couldnt have it that way.

Since the break up two other girls (who i kind like) have told me they like me which just confuses me more, i sorta like them both and i know i kinda have a chance with them and i dont know whether to go for it.

The final confuser is that i also sorta like my ex's friend, who happens to be my mates ex (confused yet?) I dont think this is much of an issue and im not going to act on it yet , i just thought id give you all the full story so far.

Sin Studly
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Linkin park it up.

HeadAroundU
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Whatever she is sayin', she doesn't want to be with you. It's a woman, you can't take "it" seriously. :p Deal with it and be the fucking man. End this relationship as friendly as you can. Take a break before another relationship till your wounds are healed.

- Dr.HAU

JohnnyNemesis
08-27-2007, 05:11 PM
moar buttsects.

Andy
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
The final confuser is that i also sorta like my ex's best friend,

Is she one of the two who told you they liked you? If so, have her. Nothing says "fuck you, ex" quite like bedding her mate.

Revolver-2005?
08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Fuck her mom.

KyleW
08-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Is she one of the two who told you they liked you? If so, have her. Nothing says "fuck you, ex" quite like bedding her mate.

Unfortunately she isnt :(:(

The fact of the matter is, you could grow and learn from this.
Women are like that. Your first love is the best you'll ever have, because she broke up with you you'll always keep feelings for her. Every girl from now on you'll just compare to her and how the new girl isn't the same, isn't as good, isn't YOUR girl. See how she broke up with you? Online. All women are like that. Think about it, have you ever had a sucessful relationship? no, otherwise you'd still be with her.

But think about this, how long have you known your freinds? Some of them for years. those guys don't fuck you over, and since you'll never have it as good with another woman, you might wanna consider how happy you could be with one of your true freinds. Keep an open mind. Just experiment with a homosexual relationship and see where it takes you. I mean seriously, think about it, you can trust your boys. even with your heart.

I bet if you had just one experimental night you'd forget all about her. Just try it, then make a topic and TRY telling me your not happy. I'd bet anything you feel 10x better

This post sounds like it really came from the heart. Your totally right, even now i compare her to my friends, enemies, people i see on the street and as shes the best relationship ill ever have a piece of her will always be there in my heart. I guess my friends are the best bunch of people i could ever have, they hve stuck through it thick and thin, but i think i would need to be INCREDIBLY drunk to do anything homosexul with them.

Sin Studly
08-28-2007, 04:40 AM
She told me to try to think about moving on and that if she went out with me again it would be through guilt.

Just to translate, this means you can get a pity-fuck from her.

TheJoker
08-28-2007, 04:59 AM
guy my girls left me also..we were together for 2 years....when i went to Hungary,she told me that she didnt want me anymore...at first it was too difficult to forget everythin...so man listen to me....Time will help u man...it is the best medicine for everything...
and this wut i am doin nowadays...Listenin Plain White T's-hate(i really dont like u)

Sin Studly
08-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Hahaha, she must have met a Kurd.

Offspring-Junkie
08-28-2007, 06:02 AM
Need another advice? Take it like a man!

KyleW
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Plain White T's-hate(i really dont like u)

OMG! My and my ex used to listen to them for hours and hours!! But thanks for the advice, i think time is all i need.

And as for the pity fuck comment, i wish, i really do but ive never had sex with her because of my age and the whole "my brother has no friends and never goes out" thing.

KyleW
08-30-2007, 05:14 AM
i think this thread can now be closed. this morning i found out my ex likes someone else, theres nothing i can do about it, i guess ill try to find someone else.

Thanks for all the advice from all who gave it, you all helped me so much :D:D:D:D

Duskygrin
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok, so i just got in from a day out with my friends, i sign on to msn and my girlfriend breaks up with me. We had been going out for 7 months exactly and she decided to end it because she said she didnt love me anymore. Obviously if she doesnt love me then neither of us can help that and she cant control her feelings about me.

It has only really just sunk in and im trying to hold of the waterworks for as long as possible. My question to guys is what should I do next? I really want to get back together with her and im not sure what to do about it. Gove her some time and sk her out again? move on and find someone else? try to get her to like me again?

Thanks in advance guys.

if she breaks up on you, no dice with giving her the time, I fear. you rapist.

Skyler
09-01-2007, 07:41 AM

Thanks in advance guys.

I had the same problem as you a couple of months back, i cried, moved on.
Then i found my current bf, who i have been with coming up 2 months now.
and its been the best 2 months of my life .. so far!

People need to back down a bit, he only asked for some advice. Jesus your all still the same 2 years down the line.