PDA

View Full Version : Favorite alcoholic drink?

Lodat225
08-24-2007, 02:12 PM
I drink Smirnoff Ice or Smirnoff Flavored Vodka or what my so-called friends call pussy beer. don't know why.

i dont drink plain old beer because it taste like shit. i haven't tried anything other than this Heikenken or however you spell it beer and Smirnoff Ice/ Smirnoff Flavored Vodka so i really don't know if there's any that's better but whatever. i also have a low alcoholic tolerance so i tend to not drink much.

before you guys say "you made this thread to seem hardcore"... is smirnoff ice hardcore? what's your favorite alcoholic drink?

nieh
08-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't drink, but it's my goal to create a mixed drink using Jones's FuFu berry soda so I can call it the Sissy Mary FuFu.

DexterWannabe
08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
http://storkok.arla.se/upload/Storkok/Produktbilder/drycker/mellanmjolk_200.jpg

HeadAroundU
08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Pelinkovac, I'm a real man.

DeAtHsTaR
08-24-2007, 02:34 PM
The best beer is Heineken or Michelob, but it's expensive. If I want to get drunk fast, The Beast it is. (Milwaukee's Best)

eli92eli
08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
i don't drink... but when i do it i like drink bacardi because it doesn't taste like alcool......

Szandi
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
http://diszkont-futar.hu/images/products/italok/roviditalok/keserulikorok/full/Jagermaister%200,7l.gif

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
is smirnoff ice hardcore?

No. It's in a three-way tie with Zima and maybe a Cosmo as the all-time pussiest beverage ever.

KyleW
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I dont really have a fave although i do have a least fave, cheap english cider. Tastes watery, makes you projectile vomit and its gets you drunk too easily

killer_queen
08-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Anything sweet and creamy. That's why I have to say Baileys and Sheridans. Tequila also tastes great whenyou eat the lemon before you drink it.

Call it an Obsession
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Morgan's spiced (with coke), Strongbow or just straight vodka if i want to get pissed right away ;)

XYlophonetreeZ
08-24-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.beerstore.com.au/beerstore/uploads/beerImages/Duvel_Large.jpg

http://www.greensbeverages.com/spirits/3olives-o.jpg

http://www.lebowskitheory.com/images/stills/dudes.jpg

Szandi
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
No. It's in a three-way tie with Zima and maybe a Cosmo as the all-time pussiest beverage ever.

Carry ( Sex and the city) drink cosmo.:D

Szandi
08-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I dont really have a fave although i do have a least fave, cheap english cider. Tastes watery, makes you projectile vomit and its gets you drunk too easily

Huh...I hate english cider. We bought 3 litre and ohhh......never more

HeadAroundU
08-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Tequila also tastes great whenyou eat the lemon before you drink it.
Try golden Tequila with orange and cinnamon. *yum yum*

Bazza
08-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Arghh that picture of Duvel reminds me of it's lovely petroleum taste. Any beer above 6% is just wrong.

Got to love Heineken... ever since I went to the Experience...

wheelchairman
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
I really prefer beer. It's what I want to drink when I go out. It's a slow drunk. Like you have to be out for an hour or two to get drunk, but then it's a nice drunk. That's what I prefer.

I also like wine, but that's really for small groups of people at once.

The cheapest beer in Quebec was actually really good (something Import). What a nice place.

big_dman27
08-24-2007, 04:24 PM
hef + lemon...

nothing beats good ole beer

XYlophonetreeZ
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Any beer above 6% is just wrong.
This is so wrong I want to kill something.

Lodat225
08-24-2007, 06:47 PM

Exactly.

and i dig that.

Twinkle
08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I rarely, if ever, drink alcohol. However, when I do, I enjoy Smirnoff Ices, Strawberry Daiquiris, and Fuzzy Navels. Yum!

mrconeman
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
before you guys say "you made this thread to seem hardcore"... is smirnoff ice hardcore? what's your favorite alcoholic drink?

This actually really made me laugh, well done Lodat. What age are you again?, I don't want to sound like I'm patronizing you, especially seeing as at the minute I don't know your age, but beer is a taste that can come over time.

Anyway, my personal favourite is Harp Lager, which I'll go ahead and assume none of you have ever heard of never mind actually drank...after searching I can't find a decent picture of the new cans it comes in, so use your imagination.

I've also started getting quite attracted to some imported beers, also Bud should stop being the most known beer from America to reach here, it's fucking horrid, it tastes like bubble gum.

Rag Doll
08-24-2007, 08:10 PM
beer - blue moon. chocolate stout. abita purple haze.

wine - i generally prefer white. i like sweet rieslings, sauvignon blancs, and moscato. i dig caymus conundrum and a moscato that no one has ever heard of the best.

when it comes to like hard alcohol and mixed drinks...

i like rum and vodka. amaretto and coffee. chocolate liquor, banana liquor, and chocolate ice cream. malibu bay breezes. baileys and coffee. three olives chocolate vodka shots.

yup. i work in a liquor store and get to try a lot of stuff on the cheap.

Llamas
08-24-2007, 09:29 PM
wine - i generally prefer white.

when it comes to like hard alcohol and mixed drinks...

i like rum and vodka. amaretto and coffee. chocolate liquor, and chocolate ice cream. baileys and coffee.

A great portion of this post were my exact words, so I just edited out the stuff I wasn't gonna say.

As for beers, I hate American beers. I never drank beer til I went to Europe, and I slowly became a beer lover. Then I came back and had some American beer, and was like wtf is this nasty tasting water? So if I do get beer here, I get Leinenkugels or Beck's... neither is very good, but they're better than most. Around here, of course the cheapest beers are Milwaukee beers like Miller/MGD stuff, all of which is gross.

I also got spoiled on wines when I was in Austria. I preferred red wine until I went there. Now I love white wine, and most of the wine I've had since I've been back isn't very good. Granted, I mostly only drink fairly cheap wines, but cheap wines over there are still better. haha.

Hard alcohol is the one area where I haven't changed. And for the listing of what I like, see Sam's post. Except throw in that my favorite drinks are captain/coke, white russian, and well I don't know the english name for them... but when you let fruit soak for a few days in alcohol and then make a cocktail with them, wine and sometimes vodka or a hard liquor.

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2007, 10:12 PM
beer - blue moon.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Anyway, my personal favourite is Harp Lager, which I'll go ahead and assume none of you have ever heard of never mind actually drank
You assume incorrectly. It's good shit.

Whiplash
08-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Heineken beer
tequila
bacardi
disaronno amareto
jack daniels

And what's present at the moment.

JoY
08-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Anything sweet and creamy. That's why I have to say Baileys and Sheridans. Tequila also tastes great whenyou eat the lemon before you drink it.

we ought to drink some Baileys together some day.

that being said, I lovelovelove Baileys, but it's the kind of drink (sweet 'n creamy) you don't want to have too much of, or you're in for some serious a) nausia, or b) feelings of guilt. it makes you fat like a motherfucker. (or so the mother of Anton once told me..)

needless to say I like Amaretto aswell, which means Sam, Brianna & I should do some drinking together aswell. ;]

if I'd have to go with one alcoholic drink, it'd be red wine. Berberana Dragon Tempranillo, Intense & Lindemans are favourites of mine. all around 5 euros & mighty tasty.

funny thing in my family is, red wine's supposed to be for dudes, while white wine & rose is more for the ladies. but my dad will take white wine, or rose over red wine any day, while me & my mother are total suckers for red wine.

one thing I thoroughly appreciate for its endless variations; rum.

Bazza, you ought to buy yourself some Westmalle Triple some day. you owe it to the heavier beers after what you said.
how was the Experience for you, was that the first time you tried Heineken? because you made it sound like it. did you get one of those glasses in a can? if you didn't, care to take a few off my hands?

HAU, you mean Goldstrike? oh noes...

Amiralanal
08-25-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/25068.jpg

Llamas
08-25-2007, 03:29 AM
we ought to drink some Baileys together some day.
I wanna come :( I looooove Baileys.

needless to say I like Amaretto aswell, which means Sam, Brianna & I should do some drinking together aswell. ;]
I'm totally for this :P

if I'd have to go with one alcoholic drink, it'd be red wine. Berberana Dragon Tempranillo, Intense & Lindemans are favourites of mine. all around 5 euros & mighty tasty.
Freak. Nah, I like red wine, too. I started mixing it with cola when I was in Austria... that's what all the Croatians do. Was kinda weird.

Amiralanal, if that's Swedish beer, it's disgusting. Fact.

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Martini ; Gordon's gin, Noilley Prat extra dry, two olives.

JoY
08-25-2007, 04:59 AM
Freak. Nah, I like red wine, too. I started mixing it with cola when I was in Austria... that's what all the Croatians do. Was kinda weird.

duuuuude, who's the freak now. red wine + cola? are you nuts? when we meet, I'll make sure there's some fine wine on the table, gul.

Justin; oh god no, not Martini. the aftertaste after a barforama is horrid, to say the least. & I don't know why, maybe it's in the reputation of its taste being ''dry", but nothing dehydrates me more than Martini.

JohnnyNemesis
08-25-2007, 05:32 AM
I despise gin with every fiber of my being.

JoY
08-25-2007, 05:38 AM
gin is nothing more than low quality jenever. & though I think jenever is disgusting, I quite like Coebergh & Hooghoudt fruit-flavoured jenever. especially cranberry & cherry.

killer_queen
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Bella, you MUST try Sheridans if you haven't until now. It has a very sexy bottle which actually two bottles stick with each other. One of them has coffee liqueur and the other has vanilla liqueur. ıt's not better than Bailey's because..well, nothing can be better than Bailey's but there had been times that I had it instead of dinner.

I totally forgot Gordon's Dry Gin. It's probably the only good gin I ever had.

mrconeman
08-25-2007, 05:56 AM
http://www.lebowskitheory.com/images/stills/dudes.jpg

I somehow missed that last night and didn't mention how fucking awesome that was.

You assume incorrectly. It's good shit.
Oh, that's cool. I'm curious, where did you have it?

I generally agree.

HeadAroundU
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
HAU, you mean Goldstrike? oh noes...
That makes sense but I don't know it under that name. Simply gold tequila. What's up with "oh noes"?

As for me and drinking...I drink anything. I don't have a favourite drink.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh, that's cool. I'm curious, where did you have it?

In North Carolina. It's imported fairly widely to the States. Not gas-station-convenience-store widely, but decent-sized-grocery-store widely.

The Dude abides.

JoY
08-25-2007, 08:07 AM
That makes sense but I don't know it under that name. Simply gold tequila. What's up with "oh noes"?

Goldstrike is.. wait, let's Wiki;
"Gold Strike (or Goldstrike) can refer to a cinnamon schnapps made by Bols. It is quite strong, at 50% alcohol (or 100 proof). It is a clear liquid, that tastes like cinnamon candy.

Gold Strike is also notable for containing flakes of 24 carat gold. The gold flakes present no health risk."

the last time I drank goldstrike, I ended up half undressed in a cab. & that wasn't even really the end of the story, that only continued to get worse.

HeadAroundU
08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Wiki: Tequila
oro ("gold") – un-aged tequila which is "joven y abogado" (young and adulterated) which means that caramel, fructose, glycerin and wood flavoring can be added to resemble aged tequila

It's not the same thing. Schnapps is prepared from potatoes. Tequila is made from the blue agave (http://images.google.sk/images?hl=sk&q=Blue%20Agave&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi).

Did you end up naked?

Bazza
08-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Bazza, you ought to buy yourself some Westmalle Triple some day. you owe it to the heavier beers after what you said.
how was the Experience for you, was that the first time you tried Heineken? because you made it sound like it. did you get one of those glasses in a can? if you didn't, care to take a few off my hands?

I've had Heineken before, but never really appreciated it, Amsterdam changed that. The Experience was good, didn't get a class in a can, got a bottle opener in a can! Also managed to acquire a branded Heineken glass but it was a half pint pfffttt!

JoY
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
you don't slobber Heinekens away in pints, buddy. this is the Netherlands, where we're close to Belgium, so almost close to fully appreciating beer & all its characteristic tastes. ;p

Heineken is nice, but nothing good comes into pints. pints is for rubbish. I got my Heineken glass with my name on it. dude, I love Heineken merchandise!

ZagmenO
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

JoY
08-25-2007, 06:17 PM
reading back my post made me really realise how drunk I really sound.

oh noes..

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Justin; oh god no, not Martini. the aftertaste after a barforama is horrid, to say the least. & I don't know why, maybe it's in the reputation of its taste being ''dry", but nothing dehydrates me more than Martini.

Classless wench, martinis are awesome.

Classless faggot, gin is awesome.

Sunny
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
red wine... can't beat red wine.

i drink hard cider like it's beer. magners is my favorite... scrumpy's (i think?) is also delicious.

with breakfast/brunch, MIMOSAS FTW or pomegranate champagne cocktails
i used to like 10cane rum, but now i can't look at it (thanks vlad&izas, rly)

tequila... patron=yes.

beer... must be good. blue moon rocks. saranac and yuengling make good beers (especially black&tans)
champagne... the only two kinds i actually like *plain* are gruet (new mexican, cheap and so good) and veuve clicquot. which is expensive. beh!

and as for random drinks, MARGARITAS (regular or mango)... green fairies or just plain absinthe with a sugar cube and water... champagne + chambord with fresh rasberries. fuzzy navels... tequila sunrises... vodka tonics.. mojitos... malibu+milk.

i sound like a huge drunk, don't i. =/

Llamas
08-25-2007, 10:16 PM
tonight I had

Killian's red

Beck's

Warsteiner

The Killian's was lamelamelame. Surely not actually Irish at all.

The Beck's was average, as always.

The Warsteiner was quite good. Kind of a cross between a regular beer and a dark like Guiness. I liked it a lot, as guys were impressed with a girl drinking a darker beer, and girls were like "omg that is going straight to your hips!" I was like whateverstfu.

RickyCrack
08-26-2007, 02:57 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/33/133px-Steel_reserve.jpg

I also highly enjoy
Orange bombs, white russians, snake bite, captain and coke, jack and coke.

the worst drink of all time is probably the Tennessee/brooklyn hooker. I've heard it called different things, but it's a shot of BV chased by pickle juice.

Little_Miss_1565
08-26-2007, 09:43 AM
EW. What's BV?

T-6005
08-26-2007, 10:21 AM
This is a difficult question. It's so dependent on the situation.

Anyway -

In beers, I like Alexander Keith's and Heineken.

In wines, I like a lot of white wines (although I am a sucker for having them artificially sweetened, which is lame), but I tend to get a different one every time. In rose, I like Cote De Provence rose, which is great in the afternoon or when it's hot out. Vermouth and Porto Cruz are also nice.

I like Finlandia or Polar Ice if I'm going to be mixing vodka with something, although I'll settle for Smirnoff or Skyy if there's nothing else. I won't drink Absolut. Other vodkas tend to be a one-off experimentation for me.

I enjoy Jameson's Whiskey and the Johnny Walker black label, though I hardly ever buy that. I generally end up getting Grant's though, since it's the cheapest.

I can't stand white rum in any form, but I've never met a dark rum I didn't like.

Shots are not my thing and never have been.

As for mixed drinks - I've been through many over the years, but I still enjoy the Long Island Ice Tea, and most of the standard drinks you'd find at bars as long as they aren't too sweet. I also enjoy Pastis and Coke - ends up tasting like licorice. Very nice.

These days I end up sticking to wine and beer, mostly, although I'll throw some dark rum or vodka in there every so often.

On an aside, I'm pretty sure putting soda of any sort in wine is the most sacrilegious thing I've ever heard.

And before I forget - Muscat is one of the greatest alcohols ever. I love it.

Sin Studly
08-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Fruit juice in wine is pretty good. You know how white boxwine tastes absolutely great, but has a fucking awful aftertaste? Adding 1 part juice to 9 parts wine totally masks the aftertaste without taking away much of the good initial taste. Blackcurrent and guava seems to work best.

the_GoDdEsS
08-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Here we prefer adding Sprite to white wine and Cola to red wine if they have shittier taste.

Whiplash
08-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Are you beeing serious?? I'm not a wine guy but adding a fizzy drink to wine..? weird combination.

T-6005
08-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Fruit juice in wine is pretty good. You know how white boxwine tastes absolutely great, but has a fucking awful aftertaste? Adding 1 part juice to 9 parts wine totally masks the aftertaste without taking away much of the good initial taste. Blackcurrent and guava seems to work best.

The boxwines I've drunk have mostly been rose - or at least those are the only ones I'll buy again. I empty out bottles, and then a few hours before I want to drink them I fill up the bottles and stick them in the fridge. It makes for much classier service. I've still never gotten used to filling my glass straight from a box of wine.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM
EW. What's BV?

Black Velvet.

killer_queen
08-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Here we prefer adding Sprite to white wine and Cola to red wine if they have shittier taste.
The best thing to do if the wine is shitty is to make warm wine. I thought you knew that. But sprite and white wine sounds good somehow. I'll try that tomorrow.

Dark rum is fantastic. I'm thinkig about getting a flask and carry some rum in my bag this winter. I haven't tried white rum yet but I thought the only difference between them was the color difference. Is it that awful?

the_GoDdEsS
08-26-2007, 01:29 PM
The best thing to do if the wine is shitty is to make warm wine. I thought you knew that.

Yes to that. With spices! Especially in winter. Rum's also good.

T-6005
08-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Dark rum is fantastic. I'm thinkig about getting a flask and carry some rum in my bag this winter. I haven't tried white rum yet but I thought the only difference between them was the color difference. Is it that awful?
I find white rum less drinkable than vodka, to be completely honest. It's disgusting stuff.

Although I have a few friends who enjoy it. Who knows, you might too.

HeadAroundU
08-26-2007, 01:38 PM
White rum? I think I've never heard about it.

jacknife737
08-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Beer - Becks, Grasshopper, Heineken, Alexander Keith's.

Wine- A dry white, or a rose.

Other- although i usually only drink beer, i sometimes enjoy Canadian Club Whiskey or Jagermeister.

Meg
08-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't like beer or lager, But i'll have cider, Alcohops and spirits. Although I mainly prefer whisky

Andy
08-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Have I answered this thread yet? Well I can't be bothered to look.

I usually rotate between Strongbow, Fosters and Guinness. When it's warm I'll Strongbow it up, when it's mild I'll have a Fosters (although I'll happily have a Stella, Becks and San Miguel draught* if they're available). And when it's cold, I'll have me a Guinness thankyouverymuch.

I normally avoid spirits but will drink JD & Coke, and have been known to partake in an Amaretto at the end of the night.

Oh yeah, and you know when I'm drunk because I start ordering Vodka and Orange. Without fail.

*draught or draft? Draught, isn't it?

Meg
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I normally avoid spirits but will drink JD & Coke

*draught or draft? Draught, isn't it?

Guh, Please don't ruin the JD with coke. Drink it straight man!

And yes, it's draught :P

Andy
08-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, yeah, you make a point. However I drink like a fish, which means that if I don't dilute it with a mixer I'll probably have significant liver damage about 15 years early.

Meg
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
point taken.. But I still prefer to like the taste of what i'm drinking :P I rarely combine drinks with coke or lemonade to dilute. I tend to prefer straight, purely because i feel the soft drinks tend to ruin the taste of said tipple :P

Andy
08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
To be honest, I think coke adds to the flavour of JD more than anything, but tastes are tastes.

Meg
08-26-2007, 03:05 PM
I didn't used to mind it. But once I started drinking whisky vodka etc straight i've always hated the taste that coke puts into JD

Sunny
08-26-2007, 03:14 PM
The best thing to do if the wine is shitty is to make warm wine.

yes. def. with yummy spices, as sim said. i always have that when i go to krakow... with a garlic baked potato on the side. weee!

i wouldn't put juice or soda in wine though... i don't drink a lot, so i tend to buy good wines when i do.

Llamas
08-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I always liked ordering Spritzers when I was in Austria. I assume they just add some mineral water to the wine to make it bubbly. I liked it a lot.

Sprite might be good, but I hate Sprite itself... but Cola in red wine is tasty.

Rag Doll
08-26-2007, 03:59 PM
omfg. soda in wine is just....so wrong. so wrong.

i am not going to ruin a $50 cabernet with coca cola. eugh.

wheelchairman
08-26-2007, 04:07 PM
The best wine is from Oregon and it's a Pinot Noir (look it up seriously.)

Warm wine is great, you can get some good stuff at ikea called Gløgg, you need to add real wine to make it alcoholic, but it's what we drink at christmas here. I love it.

Rag Doll
08-26-2007, 04:15 PM
any pinot noir in particular, Per? we have a bunch from oregon where i work. =\

Llamas
08-26-2007, 04:33 PM
omfg. soda in wine is just....so wrong. so wrong.

i am not going to ruin a $50 cabernet with coca cola. eugh.

Well duh, you're not supposed to mix cola with GOOD red wine... I don't think anyone was ever implying that... but I think that Spritzers are good with even decent wine. Still mostly reserved for cheap wines.

I had some at a Thanksgiving dinner once a few years ago. It was good, but not the best I've had.

Rag Doll
08-26-2007, 04:38 PM
1. i don't buy cheap wine.
2. no even half decent wine should be mixed with soda. uck.

T-6005
08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
2. no even half decent wine should be mixed with soda. uck.
I do buy cheap wine, and a fair amount of them are decently drinkable, although they're not exactly what you'd set out for a romantic dinner.

But I still can't imagine putting cola into wine unless the stuff was really horrid, like this one wine that was just called "Bon Marche" I had a few years ago in Tokyo.

Llamas
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
I thought it sounded absolutely horrid... my Croatian friends would all be mixing in cola, and I'd just drink it straight. Then one time I accidentally drank some that was mixed, thinking it was straight. I actually ended up liking it.

And Sam, if you don't buy cheap wine, then you shouldn't care. :P I don't buy cheap wine, either, but if other people offer me it, I'll drink it.

Sunny
08-26-2007, 05:14 PM
call me a snob, but i just don't see why people would do it... unless you're just looking to get trashed out of your mind, so you get like 3 gallons of "wine" for $2.99 and try to make it semi-drinkable.

buuuut, there ARE ok dinner wines for like $10 that don't need to be mixed with crap.
and basically, if you have to put soda in it to make it taste good, it doesn't deserve to be called "wine" in the first place.

Rag Doll
08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
call me a snob, but i just don't see why people would do it... unless you're just looking to get trashed out of your mind, so you get like 3 gallons of "wine" for $2.99 and try to make it semi-drinkable.

buuuut, there ARE ok dinner wines for like $10 that don't need to be mixed with crap.
and basically, if you have to put soda in it to make it taste good, it doesn't deserve to be called "wine" in the first place.

thank you. mhm.

Llamas
08-26-2007, 05:26 PM

Honestly, I don't know what the *reason* is for it, either. I guess my friends did it cause that's just what they're used to... it seemed like all the Croatians were used to doing that. Not sure if they ALL just hated red wine, or if it's just common in their culture... and I ended up doing the same because meh, whatever. I didn't buy the wine, it was ultra cheap (like 3 euros a bottle), and people would pour my drink for me most of the time. I thought it tasted good/fine/whatever, so I drank it. However, I only preferred mine with just a bit of cola. Just made it fizzy. I wasn't really such a fan of how they poured it, pretty much half and half. Made it way too sweet. Still drank it, though.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Jack Daniel's > all

El_Chupacabra
08-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Smirnoff ice is queer beer..

You should try Super Bock, it's a portuguese beer and it's awsome!
Bacardi and Havana Club are great too, I love rum!
And there's nothing better than a portuguese red wine:cool:

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2007, 11:43 PM

Agreed, and I hate wine.

T-6005
08-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Agreed, and I hate wine.

Exactly, so how would you know?

Whiplash
08-27-2007, 05:19 AM
I kinda dislike wine, But when there's nothing else to drink I'd drink it. God i'm such an alcoholic.

Andy
08-27-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm starting to get a taste for red wine. White I've never been certain about, it's too much like pop.

Mart2Play
08-27-2007, 06:07 AM
Favorite drink is between Redbull/vodka and Brandy/Coke.

Love wine to as long as it not a dry wine...Rose is best.

killer_queen
08-27-2007, 06:28 AM
I kinda dislike wine, But when there's nothing else to drink I'd drink it. God i'm such an alcoholic.

I don't understand people like you. Why are you drinking if you don't like the taste? I know that some people who work very hard need to relax and that's why they drink alcohol but teenagers who do that are just...I don't know, weird.

T-6005
08-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Sometimes you just run out of good stuff to drink, but you want to get drunk (party-wise, for example), so you drink things that are vile.

I was like that my first year of University, I drank a lot of the mystery drinks people would leave lying around. Never really knew what was in them.

Sin Studly
08-27-2007, 06:34 AM
I don't understand people like you. Why are you drinking if you don't like the taste? I know that some people who work very hard need to relax and that's why they drink alcohol but teenagers who do that are just...I don't know, weird.

Because in civilised religions, alcohol is a sacrament.

Whiplash
08-27-2007, 06:43 AM

Who say's I don't work hard? I work 52 hours a week, I need a break on my saturdaynight.

Jack-UK
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Hmm i like most things..
Beers,
Ciders,
Vodka + orange/coke
Baileys
White/Red Wine
Rum
Champagne
etc I like a fair bit...

I've tried some alcopop things a year or so ago.. u mite as well just mix vodka + coke or something, its just got a ton of sugar in it, urgh..

I drink Heineken the most though, otherwise i drink Strongbow... I do like Magners but it has such a dirty aftertaste..

Sunny
08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
man. getting trashed on shitty stuff doesn't sound like much fun at all. not that i enjoy being really drunk in the first place. :|

Whiplash
08-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Just get thrashed on good stuff then. Like me.

wheelchairman
08-27-2007, 09:00 AM
People that young get themselves wasted as an excuse to act like they normally wouldn't dare to. Whiplash is just very typical of his age at the moment. As time goes on people usually go out for drink and conversation, and a slow easing drunkenness that gets stronger through the night is an added bonus.

Sunny
08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
my favorite kind of drunkenness is dinner-long, caused by really good wine and topped off with a nice dessert wine. oh yes.

although cider-induced punk show drunkenness is nice too. hm.

wheelchairman
08-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Dinner drunk is nice because in small groups it can feel so extra cozy.

T-6005
08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Dinner drunk is enjoyable, but I prefer the type of drunk you can get while hanging out in small bars or in your living room just hanging out with people.

I think of it as sitting-down drunk.

killer_queen
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Dinner drunk is nice, indeed but it makes me sleepy, I cant go anywhere after the dinner. If there's a thing called brunch drunk that's what I love. And probably I'm the only one because I've never seen anyone who gets drunk with bloody mary and mimosa.

whiplash, I was not talking about muscle work. I was talking about people whoae under big stress like surgeons and lawyers.

Sunny
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Dinner drunk is nice, indeed but it makes me sleepy, I cant go anywhere after the dinner. If there's a thing called brunch drunk that's what I love. And probably I'm the only one because I've never seen anyone who gets drunk with bloody mary and mimosa.

have you ever been to a "all-you-can-drink" brunch establishment? ;p

Whiplash
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
WCM, It's not that I like getting drunk fast, It's just that I can't hold my liquor:P

Killer queen, Construction work can be stressfull too. One wrong move and you can kill yourself or people around you, Knowing that while working get stress you out pretty bad. ;)

JohnnyNemesis
08-27-2007, 12:01 PM

*raises hand* oo, ooh, i have!

that's where I first said hi2sunnies!

Bazza
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
you don't slobber Heinekens away in pints, buddy. this is the Netherlands, where we're close to Belgium, so almost close to fully appreciating beer & all its characteristic tastes. ;p

Heineken is nice, but nothing good comes into pints. pints is for rubbish. I got my Heineken glass with my name on it. dude, I love Heineken merchandise!

reading back my post made me really realise how drunk I really sound.

oh noes..

Hmmm speaks for itself...
What do you drink Heineken in, surely not those nasty half litres?

Szandi
08-27-2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.fooddata.nl/Fooddata_CMS/Database/upload/bacardibreezer.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO SUCH A PLACE DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ONE?

BTW, Szandi, are you 16?

Rag Doll
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM

yeah, forserious. that sounds pretty awesome.

Little_Miss_1565
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Where are the pictures?

Skinny
08-27-2007, 09:38 PM
before you guys say "you made this thread to seem hardcore"... is smirnoff ice hardcore?

No Smirnoff Ice is not hardcore. If you want to be hardcore, take shots of gasoline and do a fire eating show afterwards, using only Mr. Clean to try and put out the fire in your mouth. THEN you can call yourself hardcore.

Offspring-Junkie
08-28-2007, 05:08 AM
We already had that kind of thread....
Whiskey and beer,
what for are we here?

Szandi
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM

BTW, Szandi, are you 16?

Oh no. :D I am 21. But if I want to buy cigarette salesmen always
take for my identity card.:D

KyleW
08-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Huh...I hate english cider. We bought 3 litre and ohhh......never more

Try 8 litres, a bunch of young teenagers and a box of fireworks

mrconeman
08-29-2007, 06:50 AM
The only cider I ever liked was Magners/Bulmers. The very first time I ever drank I (tried) to drink two liters of Old English cider. This night did not end well, and I can barely smell the stuff anymore.

wheelchairman
08-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh no. :D I am 21. But if I want to buy cigarette salesmen always
take for my identity card.:D

You don't find this pathetic?

Whiplash
08-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Maybe it's mandatory, Atsupermarket here they always ask for everyone's ID. Even when some of the salespersons know i'm over 16. They never ask for my ID at places where it's not mandatory though.

Andy
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
The only cider I ever liked was Magners/Bulmers. The very first time I ever drank I (tried) to drink two liters of Old English cider. This night did not end well, and I can barely smell the stuff anymore.

"Proper" cider is disgusting. Smells of socks and tastes like it's been brewed with rain water.

Szandi
08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Try 8 litres, a bunch of young teenagers and a box of fireworks

hehe:eek: :eek: :eek:

Szandi
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM

Yeah, but what can I do?

Szandi
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Maybe it's mandatory, Atsupermarket here they always ask for everyone's ID. Even when some of the salespersons know i'm over 16. They never ask for my ID at places where it's not mandatory though.

But they take for my ID if I want to buy cigarette paper.
I don't want to wind tobacco....just.....

http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2007/03/fondo0743varios_0093_mundomessenger_com.jpg

Llamas
08-29-2007, 04:25 PM

I think I missed something... how is it pathetic?

wheelchairman
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
I think I missed something... how is it pathetic?

She's bragging about buying cigarettes with a fake ID.

Szandi
08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
She's bragging about buying cigarettes with a fake ID.

No fake ID. My ID is true. I am 21 not 16. I'm look like 16. but my ID is true, original.

Llamas
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I thought she was just saying that she looks really young, so they always ask for her ID. Same happens to me. I'm 23, and I got asked on my flight to London if I was over the age of 16... also got carded for being under 16 at the Mall of America when I was 21.

Szandi
08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Wheelchairman tooks me up wrong. misprision....

wheelchairman
08-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh my bad.

Szandi
08-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I thought she was just saying that she looks really young, so they always ask for her ID. Same happens to me. I'm 23, and I got asked on my flight to London if I was over the age of 16... also got carded for being under 16 at the Mall of America when I was 21.

hehe....:)
Yeah. I was just saying that. You thought well.

Szandi
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh my bad.

You sure drank very much.:D Sorry. I'm joking now.

Whiplash
08-30-2007, 02:29 AM
But they take for my ID if I want to buy cigarette paper.
I don't want to wind tobacco....just.....

http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2007/03/fondo0743varios_0093_mundomessenger_com.jpg

You'll still need tabacco though, weed doesn't burn very well on it's own.