PDA

View Full Version : camping is magical

Sunny
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
especially when:
- you have a violent phobia of ants and then find out that there is an anthill directly underneath your tent. and by find out i mean... the hard way.
- you overload the front of your motorboat and it almost sinks
- then you proceed to get said boat stuck on some rocks
- your dumbshit dog jumps in after some ducks and starts to drown (too much wet fur, hi)
- ....and you have to jump in and save it
- when the same dog deflates your aerobed with its claws, you wake up on the cold hard ground with bruised hipbones and wonder WHY you jumped in to save the motherfucker in the first place...
- the temperature at night drops to 34F and you can see your breath as you mutter "fuck, it's fucking cold"
- you're bathing in the lake and three F-16/18 or whatever planes fly above your head and you fall to the ground screaming "omg it's war, it's war you guys!" only to discover there is an airforce base nearby...

weeeeooo how was your week?

JoY
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
ooooo, sounds supermagical! ;p

as for my week, I've slept in a bed in a house in a community that has less trees than people. very natural, I'd say.

Sunny
08-25-2007, 07:58 PM
yes. yes it does. btw, i generally prefer trees to people. unless there's ants all over them. which... happens.

wew wew!

JoY
08-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I personally prefer people to trees, just imagining what I would want to be surrounded by. but I would only want to get to know very few people & even fewer trees.

JoY
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
hold on a minute, that could possibly be the other way around, but I'm not sure, because I've never really thought about it before. I'll tell you at a more proper time of the day!

Sunny
08-25-2007, 08:11 PM
my ideal world would consist of a lot of trees and a small select bunch of people.

and no ants.

mmmmh. *daydreams*

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
- you're bathing in the lake and three F-16/18 or whatever planes fly above your head and you fall to the ground screaming "omg it's war, it's war you guys!" only to discover there is an airforce base nearby...

This one made me laugh.

And camping is awesome. When I was a kid my family used to camp out on the Darling River and go fishing and trapping.

edit ; and netting crawfish, oh god they taste so good.

Oromis
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I've gone camping a lot in the past. I thought it was really fun. I learned how to fish and actually got good camp fires going with a magnifying glass, which made me feel really awesome.

Then again, ants don't scare the shit out of me and I've never bathed in 34 degree water.

Sunny
08-25-2007, 08:23 PM
if crawfish are little, wiggly and odd looking (with whiskers kinda), then i think i took a picture of one. of course it'll take me days to sort through my pictures and find it.

and yes, camping is awesome. i actually didn't mind the inconveniences, even though i'm bitching about them now. ;p

ninthlayer
08-25-2007, 08:24 PM
let pnck die already =/

Sunny
08-25-2007, 08:41 PM
pnck is gonna warm your cold cold heart, i promise you.

look at that face:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/P1011873.jpg

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 08:45 PM
if crawfish are little, wiggly and odd looking (with whiskers kinda), then i think i took a picture of one. of course it'll take me days to sort through my pictures and find it.

You're supposed to eat them, not photograph them. They're like lobsters, but from rivers.

Sunny
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
it didn't occur to me that they were edible! little weirdos. although now i'm realizing cajun cooking involves crawfish... hm.

Sin Studly
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
You just toss them into a pot of boiling salty water for a minute or two, and they're done. They're the best-tasting things ever.

JoY
08-26-2007, 05:36 AM
pnck is gonna warm your cold cold heart, i promise you.

hahahaha, AW! that picture is mega awesome. whatta cutie.<3

& for real, I have no idea what I was talking about yesterday. except it had to do with Amsterdam not having many trees.

Andy
08-26-2007, 05:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/P1011873.jpg

Aren't dogs meant to have eyes?

HeadAroundU
08-26-2007, 07:51 AM
- when the same dog deflates your aerobed with its claws, you wake up on the cold hard ground with bruised hipbones and wonder WHY you jumped in to save the motherfucker in the first place...
Hehe.

Aren't dogs meant to have eyes?
It's emo dog. Can't you see or are you emo too. :P