PDA

View Full Version : About Site Links

ANDiTKO
08-26-2007, 12:14 AM
It will be cool if you add our offspring fansite.
http://offspring.anditko.com/templates/ja_zebrina/images/logo-brick.png (http://offspringbootlegs.info)

Its a really nice site with mutiple administrators and moderators.Its the only offspring site that allow users to add news and downloads.Also we have a lightfast server with alot of offspring bootlegs and live stuff.We do not upload copyrighted media!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5250/articlelv4.png

We update our site amost every day.Improving the site CMS script and adding new features.We made site and forum registrations work together, so if you register in our site your account will also work with the forum.Avatars,comments,post,topics and anything else in one place.

Credits:
ANDiTKO - site and forum scripting/design
Mr Joe - (he is the guy who pays for the FTP server were are hosted all the offspring bootlegs giving you lightfast download speeds.Also offspringbootlegs.info was started by him)
Biggest Offspring Fan - Help,support and giving cool ideas
Tijs - Bootlegs Uploader/Supplier
nottheone_nl - Bootlegs Uploader/Supplier

If i forgot someone please PM me! ;)

Jebus
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty sure even bootleg recordings fall under copyright. Enjoy your FBI, Joe.

Biggest offspring fan
08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
The Best Offspring Fan Site Ever!!!

Splintergirl
08-31-2007, 05:02 AM
thats pretty cool

Jojan
09-01-2007, 03:03 AM
We do not upload copyrighted media!

Why not?

But hey! You do! Liar.

ANDiTKO
09-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Whats copyrighted?

Jojan
09-04-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't have any evidence, but I'm pretty sure of that MTV has the copyright of all their shows. The same would probably be for the other TV channels that have shown Offspring concerts.

In the audio section with covers and B-sides I'm pretty sure that all of them are copyrighted. The tribute section has most certenly copyrighted material.

Offspringfan67
09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah man dont screw the band over

Biggest offspring fan
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
yeah man dont screw the band over

We won't, and remember Dexter supports it...

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
yeah i just learned that downloading doesnt really hurt a band, but im glad dexter supports it

icklebabygremlin
10-15-2007, 06:26 PM
yeah i just learned that downloading doesnt really hurt a band, but im glad dexter supports it

Dexter supports Napstar and you have to pay for that

well i think you do

ANDiTKO
10-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Napster was a free p2p network some years ago
(when dexter was supporting it)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9020/dexter15hv1.jpg
It was like KaZAa,e-mule,LimeWire etc...

Also go to official site "offspring.com" and read the band's History... check what happend in 2000

2000: The group is hit with a cease-and-desist order from file-sharing service Napster after offering T-shirts sporting the company‘s famed logo for sale on the band‘s website. The band defends its actions, claiming they were simply “sharing“ the logo with fans.

The band spawns more controversy when they decide to offer their new album Conspiracy Of One free of charge via the Internet prior to its initial November release date. Fans downloading the record were automatically registered in a contest to be awarded $1,000,000 directly from the band (live on MTV) on the day of the album‘s release. Fans who go on to buy the record are awarded membership in the Offspring Nation digital fan club, receiving exclusive downloads of unreleased material, advance ticket sales, guarded chats with the band and more. Sony Music doesn‘t agree and threatens a lawsuit. The band avoids the lawsuit by making individual singles available on their official website and MTV Online. “The reality is this album will end up on the Internet whether we want it to or not,“ Holland tells the L.A. Times. “So we thought, ‘Why don‘t we just do it ourselves?‘ We‘re not afraid of the Internet. We think it‘s a very cool way to reach our fans.”

So do anyone still thinks that sharing rare mp3s over the internet will "screw the band over" ? We do not share the official Audio CDs that you can go and buy from your local music store or at e-bay.

wheelchairman
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Napster wasn't free.

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah it was. It became a subscription service later on though.

wheelchairman
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I remember there being something like a one time fee or what have you. I believe it was always there, it started as a for-profit company, the money must've come somewhere.

But I don't know where! :o :( :confused:

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
If I remember correctly, I had it for completely free when it first started!

Or am I just old and senile?

wheelchairman
10-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Well it probably started out free to get a large base (something worth paying for).

Mota Boy
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
No, Napster in its original incarnation was always entirely free. It only began charging after the courts shut it down and it sold the only asset it really had - it's brand - to the major music labels, which lobotomized it and released it as a for-profit service. It was a huge service released when tech stocks were still hot, so it attracted a lot of investment from people that figured out they'd make money off of it somehow, but hadn't figured that part out yet.

The t-shirt thing was brilliant, by the way. The band took Napster's logo and started making money off of it, putting them in a very uncomfortable position of having to sue to protect their intellectual property at the same time they were arguing in defense of file-sharing against major labels. Ultimately, I think they struck an agreement and gave the money to charity.

ANDiTKO
10-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Napster wasn't free.
Really? why are you so sure about it?
if you dont beleve google it.i remember when i was downloading mp3s for free over the napster p2p Network,with no sing up fees or any other payments. :P

Napster on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster)

Biggest offspring fan
10-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Napster was a free p2p network some years ago

Also go to official site "offspring.com" and read the band's History... check what happend in 2000

2000: The group is hit with a cease-and-desist order from file-sharing service Napster after offering T-shirts sporting the company‘s famed logo for sale on the band‘s website. The band defends its actions, claiming they were simply “sharing“ the logo with fans.

The band spawns more controversy when they decide to offer their new album Conspiracy Of One free of charge via the Internet prior to its initial November release date. Fans downloading the record were automatically registered in a contest to be awarded $1,000,000 directly from the band (live on MTV) on the day of the album‘s release. Fans who go on to buy the record are awarded membership in the Offspring Nation digital fan club, receiving exclusive downloads of unreleased material, advance ticket sales, guarded chats with the band and more. Sony Music doesn‘t agree and threatens a lawsuit. The band avoids the lawsuit by making individual singles available on their official website and MTV Online. “The reality is this album will end up on the Internet whether we want it to or not,“ Holland tells the L.A. Times. “So we thought, ‘Why don‘t we just do it ourselves?‘ We‘re not afraid of the Internet. We think it‘s a very cool way to reach our fans.”

I have an mp3 interview (http://www.villaarts.com/host/files/1039/Interview%20Whith%20Dexter%20-%20About%20The%20Internet%20%5B2000%5D.mp3) about that.

Download and you'll have the answer.

ANDiTKO
10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I have an mp3 interview (http://www.villaarts.com/host/files/1039/Interview%20Whith%20Dexter%20-%20About%20The%20Internet%20%5B2000%5D.mp3) about that.

Download and you'll have the answer.
man,do you have the full interview?

Biggest offspring fan
10-26-2007, 04:42 PM
man,do you have the full interview?

Whats wrong? That should be it. It is'nt longer.