PDA

View Full Version : Things you love/hate about this forum.

KyleW
08-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Just write what you love and hate about this forum, its thread its members, anything!

Personaly i love the way every typo you make gets picked up on! :(

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Love: Me
Hate: You

Amiralanal
08-30-2007, 06:33 AM
I hate the ruling class on this forum.

Great Mike
08-30-2007, 06:33 AM
I hate when people overuse the “best thread ever” term, how clichés are overrated and how some of the elder members use these forums to suck each others’ dicks.

I love how much painteresque are some of the members and their ability to surprise us with some (rather infrequent) great posts.

mrconeman
08-30-2007, 07:10 AM
I think I see a pattern emerging from the last two posts already.

Whiplash
08-30-2007, 07:41 AM
You're gonne see allot more of those kind of posts.

Great Mike
08-30-2007, 08:22 AM
I think Amiralanal was joking and I didn’t say "down with the leeds" or anything. Just that I dislike that some members tend to be extremely kind to old members.

Amiralanal
08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
I think Amiralanal was joking and I didn’t say "down with the leeds" or anything. Just that I dislike that some members tend to be extremely kind to old members.

I wasnt joking

Autonomist
08-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I hate the trendies but I also hate the freaks, yeah.

Lodat225
08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
DOWN WiTH THE LEETS!

That_Guy91
08-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I love JohnnyNemesis.

Sunny
08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
what continues to blow my mind is how some people's blatant stupidity and blinding fug get constantly overlooked.

what i love is pretty much limited to like... 6-7 people or so. and the occassional unexpected lulz.

Whiplash
08-30-2007, 09:11 AM
So, who are the fugs then?

Sunny
08-30-2007, 09:19 AM
aw, that's no fun, i prefer being anonymously passive aggressive ;p

mrconeman
08-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Back pedaler.

Whiplash
08-30-2007, 09:51 AM
aw, that's no fun, i prefer being anonymously passive aggressive ;p

Is that a hint? :(

killer_queen
08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I love a lot of things about these boards. I love using this place instead of a diary. I love the way no one minds that. I love the people that I'm close to. And I love the awesome people that I'm not close to. I love the way that everyone has a second, third or even fourth chance. You can act like a complete retard but the majority of the people will like you if you improve. And also I love JohnnyNemesis.

I hate the fact that the people, I mean, the people who I consider smart takes the idiots too seriously. There are tons of replies for noodlesfan's threads but when you look at those threads where people try to share their ideas, it's all "tl;dr" or "lolz". And I hate the fact that Simona posts less. :(

Oromis
08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
I hate how slow this forum can be so slow at times, and how it can be superfast at others. But thats not a big deal.

I like the lolz this forum tends to provide once in a while and I like the way I can waste a little time here.

Andy
08-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I hate the fact that for some reason the board has dried up over the last year or so.

I love the fact that it's due a resurgence sometime soon.

I also love the fact that I post here, because sometimes I crack me up.

nieh
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Back pedaler.

For some reason I read this as "Black pedobear".

mrconeman
08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I love some members here.
I hate some members here.
I love that this place always gives me something to do.
I hate that I've spent about 6 or 7 years here.
I love JohnnyNemesis.
I hate TheoldMark
I love that this place does on occasion bring the lulz.
I hate that this place on occasion is really dull.
I love that I can get musical feedback in the other bands forum.
I hate that the other bands forum is rather ignored.
I love hearing other peoples stuff in Other Bands.
I hate hearing yet another pop punk band in Other Bands.
I (for the most part) love the discussion in GC.
I (for the most part) hate the discussion in GOD.
I love that I'm finished this list.
I hate that it's because I can't think of anything else.

EDIT: I love nieh's last post.
I hate black pedobears

Andy
08-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I love hearing other peoples stuff in Other Bands.

I love the fact that I should be posting my bands finalised EP in a month or so.

0r4ng3
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I love...desk.

I love...lamp.

I love lamp.

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I love JohnnyNemesis.
I hate black pedobears

But...I AM a black pedobear!

ps. I love y'all too. Losers. lolololo. LUV!

Thomas
08-30-2007, 09:20 PM

Love: You
Hate: Me

:(

That_Guy91
08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Indeed. .

Thomas
08-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Indeed. .

BREAK
08-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Diversity. We get every type of Flame Warrior and then some. The Offspring are such a lowest-common-denominator band that its board ends up attracting all sorts of weirdos, and despite the conspiracy theory that there exists an all-powerful, circle-jerking, brown-nosing, exclusive club of "l33ts" consisting entirely of people who registered here the first day, we can't really be categorized as a whole. People put in the effort to build cred (as worthwhile posters I mean...) and of course there's a bias towards the most amusing, intelligent and attractive members, but that is how it should be. Other boards I've been to tend to be dominated by certain "types" where dissent from the norm leads to ostrasization.

Here no one gives a shit. Mostly I'm grateful this board isn't dominated by a bunch of male egos. That gets old fast.

Mota Boy
08-31-2007, 04:09 AM
what continues to blow my mind is how some people's blatant stupidity and blinding fug get constantly overlooked.Personally, I hate it when people *do* call others ugly, unless you meant calling out idiots on their ugliness. It's not like you actually have to look at them every time they post, and it's not particularly relevant, and largely unnecessarily mean (and if they do, like I think Jojan may have before I blocked him, you can always block them).

I hate that many people I respect post infrequently.

I hate that their are now only a few golden moments instead of fairly routine brilliance.

I love the very strange feeling that sometimes comes over me when I look back and realize that, in a way, I've grown up with some of these people.

I love finally figuring people out - it can be terribly difficult to understand people when you only see a slice of them, and I love that "Ahhh" moment you get once you feel that you've progressed beyond thinking of them as a two-dimensional avatar to thinking of them as a three-dimensional person.

I love that, every once in a while, established members will invite a friend to check out the board.

I hate it that trolling threads often get more replies than threads I actually think are worthwhile.

I hate that I totally forgot to tell sKratch that I drove through Binghampton, found out that it was freakin' beautiful, and became quite jealous.

I hate how awful I am at replying to my own threads.

I hate that so many people gave up on the IRC chat so quickly.

But I mostly hate that so many people I respect post so infrequently.

Offspring-Junkie
08-31-2007, 06:05 AM
Wow, that was a long and interesting post.
I neither love or hate, I just like this forum and most of its users.

Edit: Pedobears? Nevermind!

KyleW
08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
woah.. this thread has 30 posts already, i didnt expect it to get past the second page :D:D:D

JohnnyNemesis
08-31-2007, 07:44 AM
I hate how awful I am at replying to my own threads.

Yeah, I hate how awful I am at replying to my own threads too. Makes me feel like a loser, considering that laziness when it comes to an online message boars is a whole 'nother level of laziness.

TheOldMark
08-31-2007, 08:30 AM
I have a problem with the moderators constantly trying to silence expressions of opinions.

Vera
08-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Word up, Mark the Original. I mean, can't a girl sell a bit of Cyalis nowadays (only $39.99!)? They keep deleting my posts. :(

Oppreshun.

Tizzalicious
08-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Wasn't it opinions and beliefs?

Whiplash
08-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Word up, Mark the Original. I mean, can't a girl sell a bit of Cyalis nowadays (only $39.99!)? They keep deleting my posts. :(

Oppreshun.

O shit, Send it to my adress. I'll PM it to you. ;p

Mota Boy
08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
I have a problem with the moderators constantly trying to silence expressions of opinions.
I'll be completely honest here: this type of shit I absolutely love. I really, honest-to-God, in all seriousness, love the hangers-on, outcasts that are never really cast out. Not individually, mind you, but as a whole, as genre. I love them like I love 80's action movies. I love that this community (as all 'net communities do) forces you to interact side by side with these people, who somehow manage to create their entire little world, a separate narrative that only *they* are able to see, often which sets them up as the martyr, the lone voice of sanity and then - and here's the best part - they attempt to bring other people into this world. They go on recruitment drives, attempting to win hearts and minds, rallying people to their cause, to their own private reality. Sometimes it's just simple ego-deflection ("I know you are, but what am I?"; Jenny's classic defense of Classics), sometimes it's mild paranoia, but if you're lucky it's full on delusion.

Yes, it's often annoying and yes, it can be painful to witness someone lay a persecution complex, a delusion of grandeur or some other mild form of mental illness bare for all to see, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make for some excellent soap over the long haul.

Betty
08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I kinda hate that it's dying, for the moment or forever... although that's obviously in part my fault. But not completely my fault, since I still CHECK all the time, I just never want to reply to anything anymore. I suppose I could create threads, but everytime I motivate myself to do so, it ends up being harder than I expected.

It's scary that I've been here for 7-8 years or whatever and it's always been comforting on some level that no matter where people were location-wise, you could always count on the BBS to be around. Not posting here is almost like falling out of touch with a friend, which basically always happens a while after you move away from somewhere.

However, this is the first day I've checked the BBS in a while and actually had a few things to say. Yay. And I saw Sim. And Iz.

I HATE those stupid You Tube link threads. Honestly. They take up the whole page. I want discussion or at the very least witty back-and-forths. Not "Here's a stupid video," "Lol, that was funny." Anyway...

I hate when I get to a thread after a page or so (perhaps after it's been up a day or two) and I write something that I feel is insightful, and then not one single person replies after it or acknowledges it. I don't know, perhaps people read it and just don't reply, but without knowing, sometimes it starts to feel like a waste of time contributing.

I love that I've had some of my craziest adventures with people from the BBS. Ooooh the Internet.

I love that somehow I ended up being a mod on the BBS (of a stupid forum mind you, so never need to do anything).

Sunny
08-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Personally, I hate it when people *do* call others ugly, unless you meant calling out idiots on their ugliness. It's not like you actually have to look at them every time they post, and it's not particularly relevant, and largely unnecessarily mean (and if they do, like I think Jojan may have before I blocked him, you can always block them).

i too hate it when people call others ugly, because it is, for the most part, rather unnecessary. however, there appears to be a pattern - when a more "popular" member posts, heaven forbid anyone criticizes their appearance (even in a most benign way); however, when a less liked member posts, it's all fair game. i've seen people rip Maria apart on the basis of her looks, while complimenting people who are hardly any better looking. if at all. i understand that it's subjective, but the pattern is pretty noticeable to me.

not everyone here is a stone-cold fox, and that's fine, and i do not condone telling people "lol bitch u busted" (for selfish reasons :D). but there does appear to be somewhat of an unfair pattern, and it annoys me.

Betty
08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree 100% with that one Magdalena!

(I think I'm at the level where people follow the "if you have nothing nice to say rule".... Ha, mostly kidding, but just couldn't resist that self-burn.)

Whiplash
08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree with you 100%, But I also think that the more ''popular'' people do it for the laughs. They don't mean it when they say: I want teh hawt sex wit u right now.

But you are right though, there is a clear patern. But I think everyone here has his/her fair share in it.

ZagmenO
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I used to hate the "dick-sucking" and all that. I'm getting used to it now. I haven't really been in a "flame war" in several months. That's good. ;);)

Andy
08-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Hate: The ten characters rule.

mrconeman
08-31-2007, 11:34 AM
i too hate it when people call others ugly, because it is, for the most part, rather unnecessary. however, there appears to be a pattern - when a more "popular" member posts, heaven forbid anyone criticizes their appearance (even in a most benign way); however, when a less liked member posts, it's all fair game. i've seen people rip Maria apart on the basis of her looks, while complimenting people who are hardly any better looking. if at all. i understand that it's subjective, but the pattern is pretty noticeable to me.

I've had this exact discussion with someone from here before, agree 100%. At first I thought you were actually saying the less fortunate looking folks here should be called out on it and I was like "um wtf", but uh, yeah you're right on the money there.

Mota Boy is awesome. I totally LOL'd reading how accurate and completely amazing that last post was.

Vera
08-31-2007, 11:35 AM

This is true, and even though it's slightly controversial (and admittedly only funny to like 8 people on a board of hundreds/thousands), I think the "Mota Boy in Amsterdam" incident clearly demonstrates this. Honest to god, that dude was not the hottest guy or the hottest mixed race guy ever.. I found him quite gross - naturally, talking to him and him grabbing my boob would do that. But you stick the identity of our dearest Claibear (wow he's going to hate that nickname) and suddenly the dude's a real looker.

If you're cool, you don't have to look good to be attractive. I think this applies both offline and online.

It's annoying sometimes, yeah, and I'm sure the coolest folk on the board could take a small hit to their egos (ala "dude I love you but that shirt is awful"), though I'm not one of them (which is probably why I'm okay with not a single person commenting on my new haircut/color :P, like Betty said, when you can't say something nice..).

Bazza
08-31-2007, 11:36 AM
I love the infectious need to come on here.

Example: I just find that I can steal my neighbours wireless internet (my parents are stone-age and don't have internet) and the first site I come on is here!

I've also found that sometimes it's good to just read stuff on here, some people genuinely have some good/funny things to say.

Andy
08-31-2007, 11:52 AM
I hate never getting around to reading Mota Boy's "Thought of the Day" threads. I keep meaning to, but never actually do; But I'll definately read the next.

I hate not being able to inflict Drunk Andy upon the board anymore, as I've quit university and don't drink at home.

I hate that Dave and Richard have stopped posting regularly.

I hate that for every one new worthwhile poster, we get at around a dozen one-post idiots. In fact, the ratio is probably even higher.

I'm full of hate.

killer_queen
08-31-2007, 12:02 PM
I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed when I found out that guy was not the real Mota Boy. Not that he looks any better than the original one but it was fun to imagining him typing down the stuff Mota has said. He looked, I can't find the right word for it, funny maybe? Plus, you guys looked so close in that photothat no one could ever say "I don't think hese guys have been chatting over the internet for years.

I'm all with Betty about those YouTube threads. When I first joined the BBS it was different. People used to discuss, make threads that are actually worth reading. But also, if you are complaining about it you should do something. Most of you guys posting really awesome things but I almost never see a thread made by you. You're just waiting someone to find a great subject, make a cool thread and create a good discussion. That doesn't work.

KyleW
08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Hate: The ten characters rule.

Im with you all the way on that one!

0r4ng3
08-31-2007, 12:52 PM
I happen to like the 10 characters rule. If you can't keep your thoughts longer than 10 characters, just stay on AIM.

KyleW
08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
I happen to like the 10 characters rule. If you can't keep your thoughts longer than 10 characters, just stay on AIM.

HAHA! that got a chuckle out of me!

Jakebert
08-31-2007, 01:47 PM
I hate that every music discussion thread has someone saying "that's just your opinion!!!!!" I know music taste is subjective, but you can still debate it.

I like that Zag has gotten a lot, lot better than he used to be.

I like the mods, and that they're just normal members. I've said that before, but I feel like saying it again.

I hate how it's always slow here when I come on to post.

I love that Venom got banned.

I hate that Noodlesfan still isn't banned.

KyleW
08-31-2007, 01:52 PM
I love that Venom got banned.

I never got to meet this person, what was he/she like?

killer_queen
08-31-2007, 02:05 PM
I never got to meet this person, what was he/she like?

He. He was insightful.

mrconeman
08-31-2007, 02:09 PM
That was fucking awesome.

I'm trying to think of something else to say so this isn't just another "omgwin" post, but I can't, so there.

KyleW
08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
He. He was insightful.

Sounds like an interesting person....

Whiplash
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
O yeah he was intersting, to say the least.

Andy
08-31-2007, 02:32 PM
I love that this is one of the few places on the internet that understands sarcasm.

Anya82
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
I love the fact that you can leave the forums for a long time and, when you come back, everything's the same.

I hate the fact that you can leave the forums for a long time and, when you come back, everything's the same.

RickyCrack
08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I hate how slow this place is 90% of the time. Sometimes the most pedestrian of accomplishments become so over hyped here.

I love all the smart people that post here, and that's what keeps me coming here in hopes of finding some luls. I also love how Apathy and Cokeaholic keep updating news in the Streetlilght thread because i'm really really really bad about keeping up with that stuff.

KyleW
08-31-2007, 04:08 PM
I love that this is one of the few places on the internet that understands sarcasm.

I dunno about all you guys but I've always understood sarcasm even if i m super gulible!

Bazza
08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I find my sarcasm does come across well in written language :(

coke_a_holic
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I love how well this forum guided me through my high school years. I joined the board as a freshman, and I'm a senior now, and I feel like I've definitely improved greatly by being accepted by many older members and generally being around them and reading what they have to say.

I hate that everything that I "grew up on," so to say, has fallen to nothing.

I love that this forum is so small. At other places with hundreds of people, you never meet anyone, you just read their posts and then move on. I'm friends with a bunch of people on here on facebook and myspace and I talk to a few members more than I talk to my IRL friends. It's like a second family.

I hate how the majority of posts have dropped to "omgwin," which has been addressed many times, but needs to be said again. I make a point not to post unless I feel like I have something to say, which may result in a lower post count and some people's egos being stroked, but still.

You could always just throw it in at the top of your post, then put in your own reply underneath it to allow for discussion to continue, rather than just trying to make the most lulz, which can be annoyingly obvious sometimes.

I REALLY HATE how verbose everything I have to say is. I need to condense all of my posts down and they STILL end up too long. =(

EDIT: I also REALLY LOVE how much music gets shared over the boards. I'd say a good 70% of my favorite bands, I got into because of people here. Especially nieh.

JohnnyNemesis
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
I hate how the majority of posts have dropped to "omgwin,"

I REALLY HATE how verbose everything I have to say is. I need to condense all of my posts down and they STILL end up too long. =(

I've noticed that everything I post falls into one of these categories.

coke_a_holic
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, that's the thing. A lot of the people who do it are the same people who actually have a lot of insightful and awesome things to say, and it's not that hard to throw in your own commentary (if you have something to add, I mean) while complimenting someone else's comment.

See what I mean? I could've written this in, like, 3 words, but it ended up being longer than I wanted again. This is all AP Lang's fault! :(:( That class raped my values.

coke_a_holic
08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
My two francs.

*two euros

HeadAroundU
08-31-2007, 05:37 PM

not everyone here is a stone-cold fox, and that's fine, and i do not condone telling people "lol bitch u busted" (for selfish reasons :D). but there does appear to be somewhat of an unfair pattern, and it annoys me.
Fuck patterns. Names, we need motherfuckin' names. :d

I dunno about all you guys but I've always understood sarcasm even if i m super gulible!
That post is a great sarcasm.

KyleW
08-31-2007, 06:12 PM
actually i was being serious. aargh im too thick for this forum, i get confused easily

HeadAroundU
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
actually i was being serious. aargh im too thick for this forum, i get confused easily
Hehe, I know. You're not thick. Just too young. (serious)

We've seen your super sarcasm-detection skills in your "Advice needed" thread. :d (sarcasm)

Also, that previous post was kinda contradictory. Super gullible people can't detect sarcasm. (serious)

Andy
08-31-2007, 06:32 PM
To clear up confusion what I meant was that sarcasm is notoriously difficult to get across in the form of written text. The fact that (the majority of) people on this board can indentify and understand sarcasm written in posts is what I appreciate.

Ramble on.

Mota Boy
08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
i too hate it when people call others ugly, because it is, for the most part, rather unnecessary. however, there appears to be a pattern - when a more "popular" member posts, heaven forbid anyone criticizes their appearance (even in a most benign way); however, when a less liked member posts, it's all fair game.
Ah, coolio. Thanks for clearing that up.

I also love that I can go anywhere in the world and still be tethered to at least one community.

Offspring-Junkie
09-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Sounds like an interesting person....

You can bet he was interesting. Supposedly we didn't know 90% of what he was posting because the mods deleted it.

KyleW
09-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Hehe, I know. You're not thick. Just too young. (serious)

We've seen your super sarcasm-detection skills in your "Advice needed" thread. :d (sarcasm)

Also, that previous post was kinda contradictory. Super gullible people can't detect sarcasm. (serious)

Thanks for breaking each sentance down for me :D

And in response to the gulible thing, if someone spoke to me in everyday life and were being sarcastic then i would no, and probably through an incredible witty and hilarious response back :rolleyes:. But if someone were purposly ttempting to deceive me through the use of sarcasm then i would probbly be stumped.

To sum that up in five words: I can detect mild sarcsm.

H1T_That
09-01-2007, 05:16 AM
This thread provided some pretty good lulz.

And thats what i love about this forum.

KyleW
09-01-2007, 06:21 AM
This thread provided some pretty good lulz.

And thats what i love about this forum.

to be honest ive only read the last few pages, i logged on realised this thread ws on like page 5, read page 4 and sorta tried to fit in.

Toxic Speed Bump
09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I love how all my old posts are still here. I was just reading them. Some made me laugh, some made me cringe, it's crazy to see how much I've changed over the years.

Oh, and I still love the board's colors.

nieh
09-01-2007, 11:20 AM
EDIT: I also REALLY LOVE how much music gets shared over the boards. I'd say a good 70% of my favorite bands, I got into because of people here. Especially nieh.

kind of related: I love how people on this forum (which is based around a pop-punk band) are more open to hearing new kinds of music than on boards focused on rock music in general.

Also:
loves: Bella
hates: lack of Bella

0r4ng3
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I love how much more diversified my taste in music is thanks to this place.

On another note, I hate when the forums are a ghost town, and basically the only active threads are the Spanish and French threads. I swear, those two threads could survive a nuclear war. I have nothing against them, but I wish other threads were that consistent.

All About Eve
09-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I love how the board proved that some Brits can actually be worthwhile.

T-6005
09-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Ah, coolio. Thanks for clearing that up.

I also love that I can go anywhere in the world and still be tethered to at least one community.

I've also had the benefit of enjoying this undeniable luxury. Wherever I go, at least I feel like there's something I'm not always leaving behind. It's a little strange to think that it's an online forum that I use as a bit of a tether, but in the end I have no trouble with that.

Over the years, I've grown to enjoy watching the interactions of the people here, even when I wasn't myself in the middle of them. I feel more like a passive observer, for the most part. I check the forums all the time, and I generally end up posting something small, but my contribution isn't exactly one of the shaping stones of this place - I much prefer observing what goes on and then perhaps contributing something small.

JohnnyNemesis
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I love how the board proved that some Brits can actually be worthwhile.

Actually, I'd say this board first proved that a shockingly high number of Brits are NOT worthwhile, then proved that some of them are.

wheelchairman
09-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I have to agree with Johnny on that one.

I think what I love most about the board is meeting people I've known for years. It doesn't always go the way you want it to, but I do like meeting the people I've met, and I wish I'd have met more. Shame is that I've mostly met the European ones.

JohnnyNemesis
09-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I think what I love most about the board is meeting people I've known for years. It doesn't always go the way you want it to

Seany made you wear a rubber, eh?

wheelchairman
09-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Well yeah, but that was before I knew he slept with Latins. yuck*

*notice the Eros reference? eh eh?

p.s. I loved Eros, and I miss Eros.

Kathy
09-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I love TUNB and JN.

:p

GBH2
09-02-2007, 08:53 PM
love: sharing opinions no one reads/cares about
hate: the retards that comprise 96% of the members
love: hardly ever posting here anymore
hate: your face

edit: love johnnynemesis' simpsons references

DeAtHsTaR
09-02-2007, 09:37 PM
For the lovely disciples that choose to send their stigmatic rod of earthly delight, let these photographs be published on a popular local form with their respective e-mail addresses so all may enquire to which and whom that short length genital belongs to.

SkunkIt
09-03-2007, 12:31 AM

We love you.

Sinister
09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
love : the fact it's active more or less 24/7
hate : the incredible amount of idiots.

HeadAroundU
09-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Actually, I'd say this board first proved that a shockingly high number of Brits are NOT worthwhile, then proved that some of them are.

Well yeah, but that was before I knew he slept with Latins. yuck*

*notice the Eros reference? eh eh?

p.s. I loved Eros, and I miss Eros.

I love these posts.

ZagmenO
09-03-2007, 09:16 AM

That's very offensive. :(

Paint_It_Black
09-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I love how much painteresque are some of the members and their ability to surprise us with some (rather infrequent) great posts.

Thanks Mike, I'm glad you notice.

Paint_It_Black
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I hate that Dave and Richard have stopped posting regularly.

I love Andy for stroking my...ego.

I love how well this forum guided me through my high school years. I joined the board as a freshman, and I'm a senior now, and I feel like I've definitely improved greatly by being accepted by many older members and generally being around them and reading what they have to say.

I love that you feel that way. I've said for years that this place is good for kids, even (and sometimes especially) the kids that initially have a really tough time here. Not saying that last part applies to you though.

I think this place has, for the most part, a wonderful set of values that can seriously enrich impressionable minds. I could elaborate, but I've said it all before.

I'll be completely honest here: this type of shit I absolutely love. I really, honest-to-God, in all seriousness, love the hangers-on, outcasts that are never really cast out. Not individually, mind you, but as a whole, as genre. I love them like I love 80's action movies. I love that this community (as all 'net communities do) forces you to interact side by side with these people, who somehow manage to create their entire little world, a separate narrative that only *they* are able to see, often which sets them up as the martyr, the lone voice of sanity and then - and here's the best part - they attempt to bring other people into this world. They go on recruitment drives, attempting to win hearts and minds, rallying people to their cause, to their own private reality. Sometimes it's just simple ego-deflection ("I know you are, but what am I?"; Jenny's classic defense of Classics), sometimes it's mild paranoia, but if you're lucky it's full on delusion.

Yes, it's often annoying and yes, it can be painful to witness someone lay a persecution complex, a delusion of grandeur or some other mild form of mental illness bare for all to see, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make for some excellent soap over the long haul.

I love this post. In fact, I love 99% percent of Mota Boy's posts. It would be accurate, I suppose, to say I love Mota Boy. Not ******, because I can't claim to have had the pleasure of getting to know him. But I am most certainly enamored of the online persona he has crafted. I've enjoyed reading his posts for as long as I can remember, and in all that time I've never noticed any real change in him. But I have observed him become better and better at what he does and more, in my mind at least, himself as the years go by. When I think of Mota Boy, I think of him in the same way I think of my favorite literary characters. Insightful, witty, academic but never boorish, neither arrogant nor modest. In my mind these are some of the defining characteristics of the persona I know as Mota Boy.

I wish I had his skill and talent so I could effectively and eloquently explain what I'm trying to say here. Instead, I'm simply a child trying hard to emulate what he seems to accomplish so effortlessly.

There are of course other characters in this endless novel that I find fascinating, some of whom I love, and many more that I'm very fond of. But honestly, the persona of Mota Boy that has formed in my head is the one I most wish I could adequately describe in words.

There are so many things I love about this place. I could talk for hours about it. But one of the most rewarding features for me is that I get to spend time with some truly exceptional people, people that I have so much respect and admiration for. And in general they seem to accept, and often even like, average old me. In that respect it has a familial aspect to it.

And that's only one part of what I get out of this place. There's plenty more.

wheelchairman
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Agreed entirely about Mota Boy. A person worthy of emulation.

I also really enjoy reading things by people who have been able to organize random thoughts I've had into a coherent pattern (and yes Richard, that at times includes you). If no one understands what I mean by this, they should just talk to someone smarter than themselves (not that you Richard, are smarter than me).

HeadAroundU
09-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Insightful, witty, academic but never boorish, neither arrogant nor modest.
You mean he's like Venom Symbiote, right? Well, except that insightful part, Mota can't beat him there. :d

Paint_It_Black
09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
(not that you Richard, are smarter than me).

I just feel the need to say that I laughed out loud at this. Loudly. And I'm not even sure why.

You're another of the great characters around here. Unique. Often in my real life it feels like there's shockingly few different types of people. Like there's some divine mold that we're pushed into from the moment we come into existence, and no matter what we do we're forever bound by the constraints of that initial form. I see it all the time. I started a new job two months ago and immediately assessed my co-workers based on appearance and random snatches of conversation. I labelled them and shoved them into neat little compartments in my mind. Two months later and I haven't found a single case I was wrong about yet. I even accurately predicted which ones smoked.

Sometimes this depresses me. I like people to be interesting. I like to be intrigued. I like to be surprised. For this reason I place high value on those I consider unique. Or at the vary least, rare.

It's so bad that there have been times I've seen people in America and been certain, for a moment, that it's someone I went to school with in England. But it goes far beyond the physical. Part of me hopes that I'm being shallow and far too judgmental. Deep down, perhaps everybody has a truly unique soul, if I could only get to know them that well. But I don't think so.

All About Eve
09-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I hate how fucking long-winded Richard is.

Paint_It_Black
09-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I hate that Alec is so often right.

Edit: But I love knowing he reads every word of it.

Andy
09-03-2007, 01:36 PM
After reading Richards essay I want to add something.

I love how this bbs seems to be made up of completely genuine individuals.

By everyone I mean the twenty-or-so recognised regular posters.

wheelchairman
09-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Richard brings up an interesting point though, why do we seem more unique?

I have two ideas. The first and obvious is that we can't see what we look like. Naturally all judgments must be made by the way we write and choose our avatars/signatures/screennames. The latter has some trends everywhere, like clothing. Creativity is key. Even if we don't create them, we chose them for creative reasons. Many people have images of themselves (which I approve of). Many just find amusing images that mean something to them, or images that are somehow connected to their persona. Signatures are also another thing. Signatures that are long, or have a multitude of color usually always denote idiocy.

Writing style is then what singles it out. It's easy to see a typo and think "God what a moron." Especially if they are continuous, likewise overuse of internet "slang". Contractions or whatever can be equally annoying. On this bbs it's respected to be eloquent. Which is a better standard than most.

The other key to why we seem more unique has to lie in our hours spent online. I've spent 7 years online, and have in the meantime become accustomed to expressing myself with the written word, probably to a point where it's far easier to write a rebuttle than it is to say one verbally.

At least I thought it was interesting.

Betty
09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Now I feel all sentimental.

I love this thread.

I love Richard's last few posts. And they are reasonably well expressed and eloquently written I must say.

I too, love Mota Boy. There are a number of people that I have known throughout the course of my life and been in awe of in one way or another, and he is definitely one. And for that reason, I'm very thankful that I have had the opportunity to get to know him and can consider him a good friend, rather than just me thinking he's awesome.

I love how, although there are many people on here that I would love to be in-person friends with (I've stopped using "real life" to describe this, and prefer "in person"), there are many that I would never in a million years be friends with because we are way too different, but that I respect, and greatly appreciate for who they are regardless.

I love discussing the intricacies of online interaction with people who are familiar with being involved in these types of relationships. It's very interesting. If I ever discuss anything related to online friends with people who don't do that sort of thing, they think I'm crazy.

I kinda hate the idea of losing touch with this place (or perhaps rather this place losing touch with me "Michelle, who's that"?) even though sometimes I feel like I should really move on with my life.

All About Eve
09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
(Edit: To WCM):I agree with most of what you said, but would like to point out that everyone has an image of themselves, and it affects how they act. The statement 'a person acts and is what they think they are' seems obvious, but it's pretty deep. Someone who succeeds in a sport usually visualizes what they want to do, while a failure generally visualizes what they want to avoid.

Anyways, the reason people seem individualized is that with the internet, as to be expected, you get people from all over the world with different backgrounds, influences, etc. Of course some are going to be individualized. Then creativity affects how we see the individual once they're recognized.

Edit: Oh, Richard, I actually only read the first sentence of your last two long posts, but felt my statement would fit regardless.

Edit2: I love how if someone were to screw Betty, they'd actually be screwing Michelle, so it's practically a threesome without the extra begging.

Andy
09-03-2007, 02:01 PM
That's true. As the old adage says, "never judge a book by its cover". On an internet forum, you've got no choice but to adhere to that.

That's in response to Per, obviously.

Kasavin
09-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Everyone always says "Just be yourself." But what is that supposed to mean, anyway? Expressing your likes and dislikes? Envoking your conversational mannerisims? Sometimes, though, doing whatever you wanted doesn't necessarily go along with others, especially if you wanted to be within a certain group. There are restrictions and barriers toward being ourselves, though certainly resonable ones, that take away some of our uniqueness. Going with the online uniqueness, people aren't afraid to express themselves online as they are in real life.

Betty
09-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Mmm... I don't know Per.

Reasons BBS people seem more unique...

Because I've been given glimpses into their personality for 5, 6, 7, 8 years. Not only that, but I've been able to observe their personalities unfold with maturation. This is longer than I've known many of my friends, whom I've basically known for 4 years in high school or in university or whatever. And often you interact with people that aren't your close friends in person on a fairly superficial level, besides the occasional deep conversation. It's pretty much the same here I'd say, but the thing is you've had those "occasional deep conversations" for YEARS, and have pieced together their personalities from that.

Because the people here are from SO many different backgrounds. I could elaborate here but just think: Justin, Rick, Gulsah, Adriann, Sarah, Magdalena, Thibault, Iz... COMPLETELY different people from completely different places and upbringings. Normally when it comes to those you socialize with in person, unless you're particularly adventurous, your social circle is more confined to school or work or whatever.

Whether most people are pretty boring is hard to say. The personalities that have stuck out here over the long run are probably more exceptional than average, but how much more exceptional, I'm not entirely sure...

HeadAroundU
09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Writing style is then what singles it out. It's easy to see a typo and think "God what a moron." Especially if they are continuous, likewise overuse of internet "slang". Contractions or whatever can be equally annoying. On this bbs it's respected to be eloquent. Which is a better standard than most.
*contradictions

*moron* :d

or is Tizz giving birth?

Llamas
09-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I hate (and simultaneously love) how long and sappy this thread has become. :P

Little_Miss_1565
09-03-2007, 03:15 PM
*contradictions

*moron* :d

or is Tizz giving birth?

LOL, oh, nice try.

"Don't" and "won't" are contractions--it's not just what a lady's uterus does to push out loinfruit.

HeadAroundU
09-03-2007, 03:26 PM
contractions--it's not just what a lady's uterus does to push out loinfruit.
That's a professional deformation. Being Dr.HAU...

wheelchairman
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I was taking my thoughts on to an external level, as in why are other people in real life different?

I agree completely with what you say on why we find each other so unique.

mrconeman
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
The other key to why we seem more unique has to lie in our hours spent online. I've spent 7 years online, and have in the meantime become accustomed to expressing myself with the written word, probably to a point where it's far easier to write a rebuttle than it is to say one verbally.

I was thinking about this earlier today, I like to think of myself as a decent speaker, you know, I can get my points across clearly and well and everyone will understand. But I've been thinking that even with that, how much easier it is to express opinion, views, arguments, thoughts whatever, through this medium.

The reasons why are obvious, with so much more time to choose wordings and the like, but I too just thought it was interesting.

wheelchairman
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Ha it's a pattern of myself that I've found disturbing for years. And I'm quite good at oral (lol), in fact that's the kind of exam I prefer anyways.

JohnnyNemesis
09-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I love HAU, but I favor new mods.

Llamas
09-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Ha it's a pattern of myself that I've found disturbing for years. And I'm quite good at oral (lol), in fact that's the kind of exam I prefer anyways.

Haha, same here. I've actually always been better at written expression, even long before I was introduced to computers or the internet. But oral exams >>>>> written.

I love HAU, but I favor new mods.

I still favor nude mods :(

KyleW
09-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Richard brings up an interesting point though, why do we seem more unique?

I have two ideas. The first and obvious is that we can't see what we look like. Naturally all judgments must be made by the way we write and choose our avatars/signatures/screennames. The latter has some trends everywhere, like clothing. Creativity is key. Even if we don't create them, we chose them for creative reasons. Many people have images of themselves (which I approve of). Many just find amusing images that mean something to them, or images that are somehow connected to their persona. Signatures are also another thing. Signatures that are long, or have a multitude of color usually always denote idiocy.

I totally agree with this post in every way. We have no way of seeing who is who on here and our thoughts decide who we like nd dislike purely on the basis of someones profile, rather than there actual self.

I would also like to clarify that my keyboards "a" key is crap. So thats why i make a lot of typos with words missing an "a"

I love this thread.

I guess I can take a little credit for that one :D although I haven't posted too much on here.

Paint_It_Black
09-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I love Richard's last few posts. And they are reasonably well expressed and eloquently written I must say.

Thanks. I think I have a pretty good assessment of myself, both my good points and my weak points. I know I can express myself reasonably well. I also know that I'll always be in the "reasonably" category, which is why I love the company of those who routinely go beyond the parameters of "reasonably". I'm sure you all understand my point by now, so I'll try not to be repetitive.

I think an obvious part of why it's easier to find unique people online is simply that it's easier to get to know people online. In real life I meet a lot of people that can be immediately dismissed. But I also meet people who could be amazing, except I'll never have the opportunity to find out.

Here we have the opportunity to really see the character of a person. We don't even need to speak to them ourselves. If we choose we can simply sit back and watch them interact with others.

Some of the regular members here know me better than most people in real life do. In real life I rarely bother to be genuine. I show people what they want to see and pretty much everyone likes me for it. It's a comfortable way to get by smoothly in the world. This is one of the places I come when I feel like taking a break from that game. Not to say I'm always genuine online either, but I expect the reality comes through more. In large part because I have nothing to gain by manipulating people on the forum of a pop-punk band, I guess.

stockholm
09-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks. I think I have a pretty good assessment of myself, both my good points and my weak points. I know I can express myself reasonably well. I also know that I'll always be in the "reasonably" category, which is why I love the company of those who routinely go beyond the parameters of "reasonably". I'm sure you all understand my point by now, so I'll try not to be repetitive.

I think an obvious part of why it's easier to find unique people online is simply that it's easier to get to know people online. In real life I meet a lot of people that can be immediately dismissed. But I also meet people who could be amazing, except I'll never have the opportunity to find out.

Here we have the opportunity to really see the character of a person. We don't even need to speak to them ourselves. If we choose we can simply sit back and watch them interact with others.

Some of the regular members here know me better than most people in real life do. In real life I rarely bother to be genuine. I show people what they want to see and pretty much everyone likes me for it. It's a comfortable way to get by smoothly in the world. This is one of the places I come when I feel like taking a break from that game. Not to say I'm always genuine online either, but I expect the reality comes through more. In large part because I have nothing to gain by manipulating people on the forum of a pop-punk band, I guess.

Why sacrifice who you are to fit in? Surely your life would be much better if you were yourself and therefore people would like you for who you really were.

JohnnyNemesis
09-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Why sacrifice who you are to fit in? Surely your life would be much better if you were yourself and therefore people would like you for who you really were.

I'm not a trendy asshole.

I do what I want, do what I feel like.

I'm. Not a trendy. Asshole.

I don't give a fuck, if it's good enough for you.

Kasavin
09-09-2007, 07:56 AM

The problem is, being against the norm and expressing yourself heavily online is no big deal. However, in a real-life social situation, it would be weird to do that, depending on the expressivness. People use their own judgement.

KyleW
09-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm not a trendy asshole.

I do what I want, do what I feel like.

I'm. Not a trendy. Asshole.

I don't give a fuck, if it's good enough for you.

hehe... I liked that :D

Paint_It_Black
09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Why sacrifice who you are to fit in?

Oh, it's no sacrifice, I assure you. I allow people to perceive me how they wish to perceive me. That doesn't actually change who I am.

Surely your life would be much better if you were yourself and therefore people would like you for who you really were.

Yeah, but what about all the people who wouldn't like me? Seriously dude, if half the people I work with knew what I really think about certain things I'd need to find a new job. I'm not looking to make new friends. I'm looking to succeed.

When you go for a job interview, do you wear your regular clothes? No, you present a version of yourself most likely to succeed in the chosen setting. I just expand upon that.

stockholm
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
The problem is, being against the norm and expressing yourself heavily online is no big deal. However, in a real-life social situation, it would be weird to do that, depending on the expressivness. People use their own judgement.

It's not about walking down the street and shouting out to some person across the road "I think I'm gay but I don't know how to deal with it" kind of thing.

What I mean is if, for example, all your friends thought Kanye West was awesome and all decided to copy him by wearing those ridiculous sunglasses. Are you gonna start wearing those sunglasses too to avoid feeling the odd one out or are you not going to wear them because you don't want to? Do you instead wear something that you want to wear because you like it? If your friends are truly your friends they wouldn't care.

Appologies for the lame example but it is nearly 1am and my brain has been officially dead for hours now.

What I'm trying to say is you can be against the norm without alienating yourself from anyone and everyone. I certainly feel that since I did just decide to be myself that I have more friends for it.

Yeah, but what about all the people who wouldn't like me? Seriously dude, if half the people I work with knew what I really think about certain things I'd need to find a new job. I'm not looking to make new friends. I'm looking to succeed.

By being yourself, I don't mean forcing your political beliefs upon everyone you meet. Everyone has political beliefs that someone will absolutely hate. It's just the way the world works.

What I do mean by being yourself is doing what you want to do. If you're with these people at work and they all absolutely love the new R Kelly track are you gonna say it's not to your taste or just because what these people may think are you gonna be bragging about how you "woz shaggin dis fit bird yeah and dat track came on and i woz like raaaaaa and she woz buzzin mayte and i woz juz chillin owt to dat blingin track and let her do her stuff" and that's why you love it?

(sorry for the stereotype, but for the example i needed the big change in personality to try and get my point across).

When you go for a job interview, do you wear your regular clothes? No, you present a version of yourself most likely to succeed in the chosen setting. I just expand upon that.

But you've beat me on this one. Everyone is fake at an interview. You do what you can to get the job. But this interview is one time only and you're only putting on this facade (sp?) for a couple of hours or so.

Anyway, I've chatted on for waaay too long. These beers have taken more of an effect than I thought. Off to bed I think.

Betty
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Hahaha... I don't wanna rip on this guy too bad.

Stockholm, I think Paint it Black is speaking on a totally different level. Or at least, not on the level of what clothes you wear or what music you listen to.

God... I don't even know where I'm going with this reply anymore.

Dammit, Richard I thought I was going to be able to come up with some deep explanation here of how I automatically understood what you meant about not being genuine, whereas this younger 17 year old dude has this totally different take on the whole issue. But I can't translate that in any way into something insightful.

wheelchairman
09-10-2007, 11:47 PM
hehehehe stockholm, more like cockholm hehehehe

MyNameIsMud
09-11-2007, 12:36 AM
...I can't translate that in any way into something insightful.

Let me give it a stab.

There is a time and a place for everything, especially "being yourself". Having an independent sense of self-identity is indeed a building block to a better self. Image and actions should protrait both sincereity[sp?] and creativity. However, it's equally as pertinant to be a functioning part of society, which means shirts, ties, and not telling your boss about that drunken concert last night. Or the dead hooker. Both bad news.

I liked both arguments, though. Presented nicely, though misconstrued.

stockholm
09-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Stockholm, I think Paint it Black is speaking on a totally different level. Or at least, not on the level of what clothes you wear or what music you listen to.

So was I, but I was a bit too drunk to come up with a semi-interlectual example so had to dumb myself down to the old clothes and music shit. Tbh, I think I totally forgot half way through what I was (trying) talking about. Hehe. I love drunkardness.

@ Wheelchairman. Original. Like it.

Andy
09-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Love: It's always around to take my frustration out on.

Hate: People don't realise that the whole "use internet-slang for comedy effect" isn't really that funny any more.

0r4ng3
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Hate: People don't realise that the whole "use internet-slang for comedy effect" isn't really that funny any more.
h8 u :mad:

Andy
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah sorry, I think it's my time of the month or something. Nothing a good sleep can't cure

JohnnyNemesis
09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Hate: People still don't realize that there's a difference between "silly" and "funny", and that difference often lies in intention. (Translation: I/we are not trying to be funny with that internet-slang stuff, we're often using it to show when we're being less than serious)

I know it sounds confusing, but it's a pretty simple distinction that should be obvious by now, effing hell!

mrconeman
09-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm quite glad that was pointed out. It's not often used to be funny, more in a holier-than-thou parody of people who actually use it to be funny.

BREAK
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Also, I hate when one of my replies ends up being the last in a thread. It just sucks to look under last post and see "(date)(time) by BREAK" all the time.

P.S., this reply

It's not about walking down the street and shouting out to some person across the road "I think I'm gay but I don't know how to deal with it" kind of thing.

What I mean is if, for example, all your friends thought Kanye West was awesome and all decided to copy him by wearing those ridiculous sunglasses. Are you gonna start wearing those sunglasses too to avoid feeling the odd one out or are you not going to wear them because you don't want to? Do you instead wear something that you want to wear because you like it? If your friends are truly your friends they wouldn't care.

Appologies for the lame example but it is nearly 1am and my brain has been officially dead for hours now.

What I'm trying to say is you can be against the norm without alienating yourself from anyone and everyone. I certainly feel that since I did just decide to be myself that I have more friends for it.

By being yourself, I don't mean forcing your political beliefs upon everyone you meet. Everyone has political beliefs that someone will absolutely hate. It's just the way the world works.

What I do mean by being yourself is doing what you want to do. If you're with these people at work and they all absolutely love the new R Kelly track are you gonna say it's not to your taste or just because what these people may think are you gonna be bragging about how you "woz shaggin dis fit bird yeah and dat track came on and i woz like raaaaaa and she woz buzzin mayte and i woz juz chillin owt to dat blingin track and let her do her stuff" and that's why you love it?

(sorry for the stereotype, but for the example i needed the big change in personality to try and get my point across).

But you've beat me on this one. Everyone is fake at an interview. You do what you can to get the job. But this interview is one time only and you're only putting on this facade (sp?) for a couple of hours or so.

Anyway, I've chatted on for waaay too long. These beers have taken more of an effect than I thought. Off to bed I think.

is just too much gold for one day. Lord, I miss high school.

Betty
09-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Hate: People still don't realize that there's a difference between "silly" and "funny", and that difference often lies in intention. (Translation: I/we are not trying to be funny with that internet-slang stuff, we're often using it to show when we're being less than serious)

I know it sounds confusing, but it's a pretty simple distinction that should be obvious by now, effing hell!

Regardless of the intention, I still think it can get pretty lame. But hey, to each their own. That's why I'd only dare complain about it in this "hate" thread.

JohnnyNemesis
09-12-2007, 08:44 AM
It's fine if you or anyone think that it's lame, I'd just rather people have the right reasons for thinking so.

Sunny
09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
ricky you biatch, check your voicemailses!

JohnnyNemesis
09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I gots me no money + lotsa work 2day :(

Camilamazed
09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I love the fact that whenever I come here and ask about something, there's always someone to answer me. In addition, I love the fact that I learned a lot here.

I hate the fact that sometimes I want to read a thread but it's so full of worthless replies that I gave up reading and sometimes may lose some good ones.

PS: Why did Venom get banned?

KyleW
09-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I love the fact that whenever I come here and ask about something, there's always someone to answer me. In addition, I love the fact that I learned a lot here.

I hate the fact that sometimes I want to read a thread but it's so full of worthless replies that I gave up reading and sometimes may lose some good ones.

PS: Why did Venom get banned?

I love that as well, there are so many people hear and normally one of them konws/has what you want. Its great.

I also agree on that hate. It ruins it when you get loads of crappy/pointless replies to a thread that has the potential to be a great conversation.

And I never knew Venom so I wouldnt know.

Camilamazed
09-12-2007, 11:42 AM
As a matter of fact you didn't lose anything. Venom was just a member that loved to tell people off..

Mistake detector: Give* instead of gave hehe

Andy
09-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Hate: People like Stockholm embarrassingly justifying the prejudice against Brits.

JoY
09-13-2007, 08:31 AM
I love the fact this place is like an old friend. familliar, comfortable, you can stay away for years & still come back, be welcome in whatever way & know some things definitely haven't changed.

I love how all sorts of different people come together here to find out none of us is really all that different at all. backgrounds, languages, countries, cultures, ideas, dreams, thoughts.. mix 'em up in a blender & you've kind of got the bbs. the fact you have nothing in common with each other can be just as much something you can have in common with each other.